Home

MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-10-2010, 12:12 PM   #225
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: @ CES w/ Russell. Hands ON Impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I think you regard them too highly.
Lol, no, no I don't. And no offense man, but they know a hell of a lot more about this stuff than anyone on these boards do. Sorry, but that is a fact.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #226
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
I'm pretty sure this is part of the broadcast camera. It is systematic to the flow of the rest of it (changes to this view when left of center, the center cam in the middle of the field, and down the right field line when right of center).

I'm not saying I don't realize this isn't a demo mode, but I don't think that's a relevant point in this case. This is the broadcast cam we're seeing in full effect here.

No, it is NOT relevant, because that is the ONLY time we saw that camera angle. And the only time out of all the videos we saw that particular camera view, was on that one that says DEMO MODE. All the other PLAYER CONTROLLED ones were fixed behind the backstop with a zoom effect.

And even if it was used like you think, don't you think it would be situational and not alienating you out of plays.

You are basically asking way too many questions that are out of our realm of knowledge, and wont be known until they are ready to talk about such things. Patience.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #227
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

beau21's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
I agree that I would very much like to see a center-fixed camera angle like this one available at all times.. be it included in the retail copy or added later as a patched in camera option

However if this is not an option, I will be more than content with the one they've already showed.

My 2$

Old 01-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #228
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Re: MLB '10: The Show Hands-On Impressions @ CES w/ Russell_SCEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Blz...I think the real problem is...you regard YOURSELF too highly.
Seriously....get a grip on yourself.

I know you're trying to get everything perfect(in Blzr's world perfect)....but you're a little heavy handed.

Less coffee...more water perhaps?

M.K.
Knight165
Definitely man, it's a flaw of mine that I'm working on. Being a perfectionist (that doesn't mean that you're perfect, that means you strive for perfection) isn't always a good thing when time is against you, but can you honestly say that this series would be where it is now if it wasn't for the community feedback and working 100+ hours a week at times to make sure we have the greatest baseball game ever?

I never once spoke of myself, by the way. Like you just told me, there's nothing in my life that I think is good enough about me and I strive to make it better myself.

In short... I'll never be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau21
I agree that I would very much like to see a center-fixed camera angle like this one available at all times.. be it included in the retail copy or added later as a patched in camera option

However if this is not an option, I will be more than content with the one they've already showed.

My 2$

Agreed, and this is exactly the point that I'm trying to make. I'm the one that goes numb seeing this broadcast camera in effect, so you know that I'm satisfied with it. I'm just giving them a suggestion to really paralyze me (and perhaps everyone else as well).
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #229
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrigleyville33
How do you know that?

Because the screenshot says "demo mode", and even in 09' if you watch demo mode, you get all sorts of in play camera angles you dont get in a player controlled game.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:17 PM   #230
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I understand where you are coming from on this. Unfortunately there are going to be certain fielding scenarios that are going to be at more of a disadvantage than others. I know this camera view has been put under great scrutiny. We are going to have to wait and see what the end result will be.
Thanks nemesis, I think you have a kind of leveler head on what my suggestions mean with regards to the game and hope that you understand I am by no means bashing what they have in place.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-10-2010, 12:19 PM   #231
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
You have me all wrong here. You know how much I loved MLB '09 The Show despite its "faults" (and I hardly want to call them such because they already do everything better than any other baseball game ever has). You just have to remember that this game became what it was because the developers are perfectionists themselves, and they have listened to the community give feedback. Remember that "secret" thing where they flew down community members to rip the game apart? Why did they do that? This is why... year in and year out they are getting closer to perfection. I would like to be a big help in that whenever possible.

I'm not saying that the things they have in the game are awful and require an overhaul or else I won't buy the game, so don't take the nitpicking personally or a means to defend the game at all cost. You don't need to be sarcastic towards me, I already know that I'm going to drive two hours away to find this game a week early, and that I will probably miss class the day that the demo comes out to play it until my eyes shut themselves. You don't have to remind me of how great this game already is, but I'm just trying to remind everyone of where the greatness comes from and where improvements can still be made.
you took a post personally that wasn't intended to be personal. I was joking around hence the at the end. I thought it would help it be understood that the post was meant to be a light-hearted comment. Perhaps I should've chosen another smiley...like maybe , , , , or . I also thought that by me posting the "BTW"...to start my second thought, that it would further illustrate the fact that the post was to be taken as light-hearted in nature. I apologize if you thought that I was being "sarcastic" towards you, as that was not the intention of my post.

You are not, or at least will not, be the only one that nitpicks at things when the game comes out, as I'll venture to say that we'll all do it in some form or fashion. Again, I am sorry if you thought my post was in some fashion an "attack" against you as it most certainly was not. I guess thats the problem with reading things via the computer is we, even with smileys, can't always understand the tone of a post nor fully disclose an intended tone with a post.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 01-10-2010 at 12:21 PM. Reason: my grammar sucks today
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #232
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Lol, no, no I don't. And no offense man, but they know a hell of a lot more about this stuff than anyone on these boards do. Sorry, but that is a fact.
I honestly don't see where I can take offense on this, it's a fact that they know tenfold about this stuff more than we do. I never said that they didn't.

I think you would see me as a different person if you met me, man. I'm just a guy making suggestions that's being taken out of proportion because I should appreciate the "good things". But I do, believe that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
you took a post personally that wasn't intended to be personal. I was joking around hence the at the end. I thought it would help it be understood that the post was meant to be a light-hearted comment. I also thought that by mean posting the BTW...to start my second thought, that it would also help point out the fact that the post was to be taken as light-hearted in nature. I apologize if you thought that I was being "sarcastic" towards you, as that was not the intention of my post.

You are not, or at least, will not be the only one that nitpicks at things when the game comes out, as I'll venture to say that we'll all do it in some form or fashion. Again, I am sorry if you thought my post was in some fashion an "attack" against you as it most certainly was not. I guess thats the problem with reading things via the computer as we, even with smileys, can't always understand the tone of a post nor fully disclose an intended tone with a post.
Duly noted, especially the bold part. My apologies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »