Home

MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-07-2010, 12:16 AM   #401
Pro

Senor_Herbatron's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet

I too will be trying to keep my eyes open until they put the video up.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 12:17 AM   #402
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porter Callahan
Can ye move Max Stafford to another crew? Max is a daft arse, blast ye!

Okay, that was pretty funny.

Can we get Clive Washington in here for an opinion? Or Mac Harvey?

Last edited by bcruise; 01-07-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:24 AM   #403
Rookie

OVR: 4
What would I like to see that would make me say OMG I want this game? How about let's start thinking outside the box a bit. I'd love to see an actual story mode in sports games..I'd like to see in road to the show mode, I'd love for after a game instead of text of what the manager said you well, you have numerous cut scenes with you and the manager having an actual conversation of your choosing? The ability to have relationships both positive and negative with fans, fellow players, How about when you negotiate your contract you can actually purchase stuff, like a house or a car or whatever. How about when you demand a trade and do get traded, the fans boo you or give you a standing O the next time you're in that stadium depending on what kind of personality you have. How about having interviews with the media, and perhaps have some controversy sorrounding that interview. What I want is to feel like I am actually IN the show. How about a mode where you try and become the first woman to play in the league?

I guess what I'm looking for from the Show is to be groundbreaking, because it has been in the past. We're getting to the point where the graphics and gameplay are going to hit a ceiling where they just can't be better. Then what?

I don't mean to knock the game, because it is amazing. It made me fall in love with baseball again. I just don't see anything that jumps out at me that makes this a "must have" on release day, and thats a first since I've made the switch to next gen..

Maybe I'll change my mind by the time spring training rolls around..but right now I have my doubts.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:33 AM   #404
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

Or you could export your RTTS guy into The Sims and how you take care of your Sim (Energy, hunger, mood, etc) is reflected directly into how you perform on the field.

You could goto your coaches house and hit on his wife and raid his refrigerator.
Actions such as this would most certainly get you benched and possibly demoted. Think of the possibilities. Do you play it straight and advance your career or do you slack off by partying and end up booted from the league?

The possibilities are endless!

You know I'm joking, right?

Xbox 360: Garrett67
Playstation: Bean1967
Steam: Axemaster5150
Old 01-07-2010, 12:35 AM   #405
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Stumpy
What would I like to see that would make me say OMG I want this game? How about let's start thinking outside the box a bit. I'd love to see an actual story mode in sports games..I'd like to see in road to the show mode, I'd love for after a game instead of text of what the manager said you well, you have numerous cut scenes with you and the manager having an actual conversation of your choosing? The ability to have relationships both positive and negative with fans, fellow players, How about when you negotiate your contract you can actually purchase stuff, like a house or a car or whatever. How about when you demand a trade and do get traded, the fans boo you or give you a standing O the next time you're in that stadium depending on what kind of personality you have. How about having interviews with the media, and perhaps have some controversy sorrounding that interview. What I want is to feel like I am actually IN the show. How about a mode where you try and become the first woman to play in the league?

I guess what I'm looking for from the Show is to be groundbreaking, because it has been in the past. We're getting to the point where the graphics and gameplay are going to hit a ceiling where they just can't be better. Then what?

I don't mean to knock the game, because it is amazing. It made me fall in love with baseball again. I just don't see anything that jumps out at me that makes this a "must have" on release day, and thats a first since I've made the switch to next gen..

Maybe I'll change my mind by the time spring training rolls around..but right now I have my doubts.
Wow, I'm not blasting you, but that's definitely thinking outside the box. I don't think alot of people would really care about that stuff, You are in the minority in that thinking, even though I like some of your ideas.

Last edited by jetercanoturn2; 01-07-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 12:35 AM   #406
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:

Really? R U Serious? its a SPORTS GAME not a drama reality tv show....
Old 01-07-2010, 12:37 AM   #407
Pro

Yanks22's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

hahahahaha i realized what the problem here is. you're from canada.
NHL: Rangers
Old 01-07-2010, 12:38 AM   #408
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetercanoturn2
Wow I'm not blasting you, but that's definitely thinking outside the box. I don't think alot of people would really care about that stuff, You are in the minority in that thinking, even though I like some of your ideas.
totally agreed.. i dont want that un needed junk in my Baseball game.. All i want is a well polished Baseball game and i expect that in upcoming 2010 game..Now wheres that video..I got scoool tomorrow you know lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »