Home

MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #201
Pro

cardsfan2222's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettryantalley
wow...all this and for only $40 bucks! at least for those of us that did the amazon pre-sale!
That was a pricing mistake that was cancelled by Amazon. I dont' think anyone is actually getting it at that price.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #202
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
wow...all this and for only $40 bucks! at least for those of us that did the amazon pre-sale!
I thought they reneged on that offer. They said it was a mistake.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #203
I can't feel it

Jgainsey's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
I don't think they're going to honor that price.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040565102
Old 01-05-2010, 11:28 AM   #204
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribeFan80
I'm not really sure what a Broadcast Camera is...can someone elaborate. Thanks.

Love the sound of the new groundball physics
Well, if it's implemented like I hope it is, it should work pretty closely to a camera relative to that which you see on TV when you're watching an actual baseball broadcast. That is, the camera is positioned and stationed (immobile) at one location near about the upper deck, and it only swivels and zooms to track the ball. It won't pan and swing about, and instead will follow much more closely to an actual broadcast.

I only hope that they really perfected the algorithms, and that for things like deeper fly balls they have a system where the camera may slightly zoom out to get both the ball and the fielder in the same shot, and close in on them as the ball begins to fall. I hope it's not just tied to the fielder per se, or the "shadow" of the ball (the ground directly below its path). It would also be nice to see what no-doubter home runs look like in this view, as in how the camera tracks the ball.

It should be exciting, and a breath of fresh air for the series that has had the same camera angle for over six years now.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #205
MVP

myghty's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Custom Music, Fan Yells, and Chants – New to The Show this year, users can now assign music or a recording to an entire team, not just a player. Edit tracks to assign batter walk-up music and assign it to play for the team or player during the situation of your choice.
I'm so happy for this. Assigning HR music for each individual player was a @%#^*

PS5/PSN: myghty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #206
Rookie

OVR: 0
man u sony guys are lucky, its like u've won the lottery, but ur happy cause ur getting some levi's for half price.....im sooo jealous, cant wait to sell this xbox
Old 01-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #207
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB10 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
Honestly Knight, I believe the question is legit. Being that I'm a Yankee fan I had to go through the framerate problems in yankee stadium in 09. I wonder if they fixed this problem for 10? Do you know anything about this Russell? Thanks

Haha...I wasn't alluding to humcas question actually.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-05-2010, 11:58 AM   #208
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Well, if it's implemented like I hope it is, it should work pretty closely to a camera relative to that which you see on TV when you're watching an actual baseball broadcast. That is, the camera is positioned and stationed (immobile) at one location near about the upper deck, and it only swivels and zooms to track the ball. It won't pan and swing about, and instead will follow much more closely to an actual broadcast.

I only hope that they really perfected the algorithms, and that for things like deeper fly balls they have a system where the camera may slightly zoom out to get both the ball and the fielder in the same shot, and close in on them as the ball begins to fall. I hope it's not just tied to the fielder per se, or the "shadow" of the ball (the ground directly below its path). It would also be nice to see what no-doubter home runs look like in this view, as in how the camera tracks the ball.

It should be exciting, and a breath of fresh air for the series that has had the same camera angle for over six years now.
Great post.. this is what I am hoping also. What you said abut the camera zooming out to get the fielder and deep fly ball at the same time has been an issue with me.. along with how the camera tracks HRs.. (i.e. Fenway all you got was a zoom in of the monster wall instead of seeing the trajectory of the ball going over the wall)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »