Home

MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-05-2010, 02:49 AM   #161
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB10 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Sorry fellas, mistakenly removed this in Russ's original post.

Originally posted by Russell_SCEA

As it is every year this is not every new edition, tweak, or change that was made in the game this year is in the fact sheet.

I.E. Simple but frustrating game play issues have been addressed. It's now easier to go the "easy" way with two outs, even the CPU does it now.

3-6-3 double plays are now in the game. Runners at second will take a bigger secondary lead offs allowing them to get better jumps on base hits so they don't get robbed of a run. To counter that we added a wide variety of outfielder crow hop animations.
much quicker and stronger looking throws. Upgraded the Throwing Meter so that it truly reflect each players weakest and strongest throw based on his attribute.

We have a tighter fielder to runner collisions at second base now when they break up double plays. More slides at all bases including home plate for close plays. New run down logic with better, more responsive change of direction animations. More over the top exciting plays. All new rob HR's, dives, sliding catch plays, tumbles, rolls, over running the bases, getting caught on a pick off leaning the wrong way, base runner line drive reactions,. Not only did we add a ton of game play animations for variety, we added the majority of them to make the game play and feel better. Robbing HR's, diving, picking off runners, stealing bases, hit by pitches, check swings, etc...

We have a whole new check swing system, three levels, it not only looks great but it feels just right. When you check your swing early, you get a very small check, all the way up to checking it late, where you held on to the swing for just a bit to long.

All new hit by pitch and avoid system for the batters. We captured over 60 animations for hit by pitches alone. The batter can now avoid or get hit by any pitch that comes his way. Based on the situation, the batter will react properly.

If there's a runner on third and there's a wild pitch, the batter will step out of the box and either tell the runner to advance by waving him in, or stay put. Ball 4 wild pitch he will take a look and then run down to first in case you want to try and advance him.
and much more.

We now have independent difficulties for pitching and for hitting. In addition B Ma has tweaked the pitching meter so now its more tuned to your input. (pitcher confidence and pitch confidence is still a major factor as well) However now your timing on the accuracy and velocity of the pitches mean more in the outcome than in did in MLB09.

GREAT STUFF!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 02:54 AM   #162
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: MLB '10: The Show Fact Sheet

Dangit,just when I convinced myself that I didn't need MLB 10, along comes this fact sheet to change my mind!!

There goes another 60 bucks!!!

Awesome stuff, Russell!
Old 01-05-2010, 04:04 AM   #163
Banned

OVR: 38

Great stuff as I expected and more , might have to start rounding up the IL crew to find it early again with no luck .
Hey Russ any reason or issue why rain didnt make it in the game ?
Thanks Anth
Old 01-05-2010, 04:10 AM   #164
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: MLB10 The Show Fact Sheet

Honestly Knight, I believe the question is legit. Being that I'm a Yankee fan I had to go through the framerate problems in yankee stadium in 09. I wonder if they fixed this problem for 10? Do you know anything about this Russell? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Russ;

Could you check if Pujols has 10 toes?
Thanx.

M.K.
Knight165
Quote:
Originally Posted by humaca80
Russel, are the laggy gfx issues at New Yankee Stadium fixed? You know, like the slow-downs and stuff like that?
Old 01-05-2010, 05:43 AM   #165
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

What an awesome list!

Interesting extra's from the list posted on pastapadre.com:

Quote:
Multi-Branch Fielding – Branch Point Technology goes to a new level as gamers you can now take full control of fielders and break out of any animation in the process. Change a fielding decision and branch out of any animation after the first branch point.
Sweet!

Quote:
3-Man Booth & Progressive Commentary – Rex Hudler, Matt Vasgersian, and Dave Campbell return to provide the most comprehensive commentary available. Additionally, the game’s Progressive Commentary system changes dialogue by adapting to current actions and situations.
So okey we still get the same 3-man booth but it will have a progressive commentary system. Or was this used in 09 as well?

Last edited by LastActionHero; 01-05-2010 at 05:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 06:42 AM   #166
Rookie

marbury's Arena

OVR: 5

just awesome this game will be!!!!

but do we need a mic for adding new chants like last year?
Old 01-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #167
Banned

OVR: 9

The team has given us a great bunch of new improvements to the game as always. I am a bit disappointed however as I had hoped that instead of homerun derby. Maybe we could have had a playoff mode added that would allow users who cannot play full seasons, a chance to play meaningful games by picking all 8 teams to make the playoffs and then playing out the playoffs and WS. I for one have been asking for this, in the words of the old Brooklyn Dodger fans, "Maybe next yr." But I'm not complaining, what they have done is great, thanks.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:17 AM   #168
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17
Excuse me while i change my pants. I am so ready for this game

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »