Home

MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-17-2009, 12:32 PM   #81
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: MLB '10: The Show First Look (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes
I have a boner!

ummm...congratualations?

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #82
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

I might finally enjoy playing a RTTS, with the Catcher improvements.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:19 PM   #83
Pro

magoo1967's Arena

OVR: 17

Boy after a horrific morning at the dentist, all this fresh info on the latest edition of my favorite game of all time is better than the pain killers they gave me (although the combination of the two is even nicer). I am already more jazzed about this game on day 1 of hearing about it than I was about the previous couple of year's versions at this time. It seemed that in those years, there was immediately reports of a number of things that couldn't make it in due to time. This year, it already looks like many of those things are getting added and then some. HR Derby & Futures Game, classic stadiums, full 30 team roster control, COLLISION DETECTION, throwing accuracy meter, realistic time of day progression, some weather effects (fog), real time presentation, pick-offs totally revamped, pitching & fielding training modes, etc., and this is just the initial info...WOW!

I know some people were disappointed to hear that the new player models didn't make it in, but that doesn't bother me personally at all. To be honest, I was actually a little worried that the implementation of the new models wouldn't go so smoothly. Man, I never thought I could be in a good mood after the morning I had, thanks SCEA (and a shout-out to Rite-Aid pharmacy as well)!

Last edited by magoo1967; 12-17-2009 at 02:52 PM. Reason: It's "Rite-Aid" not "Right-Aid"...damn those pain pills.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #84
MVP

OVR: 19
seems great.
RTP was a bright spot in MLB 2k9. so its great that Sony is implementing this feature into their game=play. Im not to high on the cut scenes still being in the game.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:22 PM   #85
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
(and a shout-out to Right-Aid pharmacy as well)!
Now THAT was funny!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2009, 01:29 PM   #86
MVP

Chizzypoof's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieB
I hope their adaptation of RTP doesn't mean we can't expect new cut scenes every year. Those cut scenes are a huge part of what makes the game so immersive. The beach ball on the field, the players reaction to a fan running on the field, etc.... I want that stuff to stay in and be added to each year.

Is it just me, or does the article sound like they are planning on transitioning away from cutscenes entirely in the next few years?
I interpreted it differently. It sounds more like the animations and close ups are still there, but instead of it happening as a cut scene, everything is happening at the same time. You will see the batter throwing his helmet against the dugout at the same you will see the short stop running into his dugout in the back ground. The camera is just focusing on the relevant action. With the beach ball scene, if you could replay it, you would be able to watch the umpire calling for time, the batter stepping out of the box and the fielder grabbing the beach ball in real time.

The first part of the article they talked about adding the manager grenade scene, and how you may or may not ever see it. I don't see how you can spend time adding it, when you plan on throwing it away next year.

That's how I understood it.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 5

I am so fired up about this game. I am glad to see the details coming out. I cant wait to see the end product.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:43 PM   #88
Pro

magoo1967's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim416
Now THAT was funny!
Thanks Jim, I'll be here all week. Make sure you try the veal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »