Home

NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-09-2009, 08:31 PM   #193
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360, Post Impressions Here

Has there been an "official" list of what has been patched? If not - can we please have one? Pretty please?

*UPDATE*

Just saw the list on PastaPadre. Never mind.

Last edited by Glenn33; 12-09-2009 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #194
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Does this mean contact on drives is better because you're not getting sucked into contact animations as often?
Yes from my experience you are no longer sucked into the driving offensive player. I agree with the notion that it's what the first patch should have been. Though I still like the game better out of the box than with this patch at this point it seems to be a reasonable compromise between that and the almost auto D that some have requested. You still have to play D yourself but it's not like doing it on skates!

Also driving to the basket on offense is better. What I mean it's easier w/out all the unrealistic contact but you still don't necessarily score easy. I can't explain it but to me it just makes more sense, I can get to the basket but unless I do it properly (proper angles, proper player, and proper situation) I'll just miss or get blocked.

In my book Live 10 out of the box was an 8.6 to 9.1 rated game with this patch (so far) it's l 8.2 to 8.7 so overall not bad. As an indication of my standards out of the box with a manual post up button and players that stay in bounds would have gotten a 9.3 from me and patch #2 dropped it to 7.5 to 7.7
Old 12-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #195
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadleft
Yes from my experience you are no longer sucked into the driving offensive player. I agree with the notion that it's what the first patch should have been. Though I still like the game better out of the box than with this patch at this point it seems to be a reasonable compromise between that and the almost auto D that some have requested. You still have to play D yourself but it's not like doing it on skates!

Also driving to the basket on offense is better. What I mean it's easier w/out all the unrealistic contact but you still don't necessarily score easy. I can't explain it but to me it just makes more sense, I can get to the basket but unless I do it properly (proper angles, proper player, and proper situation) I'll just miss or get blocked.

So just to clarify, both the CPU and the user seem to get "sucked into the D" less when driving? Is it completely gone (wishful thinking I'm sure)?

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #196
Rookie

OVR: 12

Here's a copy and paste of the patch details for Pastapadres site...

- Addressed goaltending issue to ensure that when a goaltending foul is received while blocking a dunk that the correct points are allocated.

- Addressed an issue ensuring that Ranked Online match forced to have fatigue set on.

- Fine tuned 3 point % completion rates to reduce the likelihood of successes to more realistic values

- Addressed an Injury Removal issue, where adding inured players to the starting lineup and attempting to sub them off was unsuccessful.

"With the three point issue, the team worked to make the three point percentage more realistic based on tuning the shot release, defender proximity, player skill and distance from the basket. This was a key issue that the community asked be addressed and the development team took the extra time to ensure that three point shooting is more realistic.
The content of this update is very small due to some issues being bigger in scope that couldn’t be fixed in an update and will be addressed in next year’s title (such as the simulation logic). The team wanted to focus on addressing the key issues that the community felt were hurting the game and this is where the attention was paid for the second update."

End quote: Looks like any improvements in gameplay can probably be put down to the DNA settling down or us just getting accustomed to the game. (grins sheepishly)
Old 12-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #197
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
So just to clarify, both the CPU and the user seem to get "sucked into the D" less when driving? Is it completely gone (wishful thinking I'm sure)?
I see the list posted but all I can tell you is what I have experienced. I have not been suctioned into contact on D or offensive yet. I have seen contact but in a much more realistic manner where the players' natural momentum caused it. In my opinion it's much easier to create this contact on your own terms as well, that is if the player you're controlling is capable. For instance I was playing as Utah and was able to get to the line 3-4 times w/D. Williams by beating Billups off the dribble and then lay-up solution against the help D, while I tried the same w/Brewer but either couldn't get past my man, or couldn't effectively lay-up solution over the help D on the rare ocassion I got into the paint off the bounce. On the other hand I was able to get a nice dunked on play by driving then hitting the cutting Brewer in stride, two steps then thunder came down on Nene! Also a couple of things snuck up on me that I didn't catch until my last game:

1. The CPU is actually taking good shots, meaning they used to shoot or attempt to shoot in my face now they seem to look to get open, pass the ball to the open man, or do some kind of move to get better shots.

2. I actually can move after pump faking the CPU into the air! They don't jump often but when they do, I can now drive around them! Yippee!!!

Now, I'll warn you all that this is from a limited sample size (5 or so games) but I am starting to gush over the game.

Game speed may be a bit slower I can tell for sure yet but sure seems like things are much more under control.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:00 AM   #198
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiffyjustus
Here's a copy and paste of the patch details for Pastapadres site...

- Addressed goaltending issue to ensure that when a goaltending foul is received while blocking a dunk that the correct points are allocated.

- Addressed an issue ensuring that Ranked Online match forced to have fatigue set on.

- Fine tuned 3 point % completion rates to reduce the likelihood of successes to more realistic values

- Addressed an Injury Removal issue, where adding inured players to the starting lineup and attempting to sub them off was unsuccessful.

"With the three point issue, the team worked to make the three point percentage more realistic based on tuning the shot release, defender proximity, player skill and distance from the basket. This was a key issue that the community asked be addressed and the development team took the extra time to ensure that three point shooting is more realistic.
The content of this update is very small due to some issues being bigger in scope that couldn’t be fixed in an update and will be addressed in next year’s title (such as the simulation logic). The team wanted to focus on addressing the key issues that the community felt were hurting the game and this is where the attention was paid for the second update."

End quote: Looks like any improvements in gameplay can probably be put down to the DNA settling down or us just getting accustomed to the game. (grins sheepishly)
- Addressed an Injury Removal issue, where adding inured players to the starting lineup and attempting to sub them off was unsuccessful.this is a big big big one...
Old 12-10-2009, 04:01 AM   #199
Banned

OVR: 2
Post patch I dont really realize anything different, except the computer is much smarter, I am getting my *** handed to me. No worries I have the Tomba sliders and I am getting used to the math. As far as all the complaining goes Live and 2K are the same game in my eyes one game focuses on shot control, and the other focuses on handle control. If youre any type of intelligent you can figure out which is which. And its also true about people pointing out personal gripes that other people never would have noticed, this is a video game it will never be true to life when we discover virtual reality then maybe as of now its x,y,z and math. As far as complaints about animations go if you ask me 2K could use more too. I think 2K's presentation has a lot to with how real they perceive the game to be but in all actuality its on the same level as Live. I actually feel 2K buyers are getting cheated because they arent really getting anything new, thats why the patch was so huge. Just my two cents. I effs wit Live
Old 12-10-2009, 05:34 AM   #200
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustahymes
Post patch I dont really realize anything different, except the computer is much smarter, I am getting my *** handed to me. No worries I have the Tomba sliders and I am getting used to the math. As far as all the complaining goes Live and 2K are the same game in my eyes one game focuses on shot control, and the other focuses on handle control. If youre any type of intelligent you can figure out which is which. And its also true about people pointing out personal gripes that other people never would have noticed, this is a video game it will never be true to life when we discover virtual reality then maybe as of now its x,y,z and math. As far as complaints about animations go if you ask me 2K could use more too. I think 2K's presentation has a lot to with how real they perceive the game to be but in all actuality its on the same level as Live. I actually feel 2K buyers are getting cheated because they arent really getting anything new, thats why the patch was so huge. Just my two cents. I effs wit Live
Great post! Post patch the CPU is definitely smart, also on 12 min quarters, people should really play this game on All-star and pace the game and run plays. It's more realistic. I know it's not mentioned in PP's update but I think they did add some more animations. I have seen PF and Centers do different things and my boy Kobe is more stable with the rock. Also I'm loving my Dynamic Season even more now.

Patch fixed a lot, online game last night was great. I need one more win to get my achievement..lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »