Home

NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-08-2009, 11:34 PM   #113
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by championmvp
championmvp
add me for a sim game...rockchisler2000

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 12-08-2009, 11:34 PM   #114
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
Base, I respect everything you guys do for this game, but it really doesn't help your cause when you guys appear to form a habit of skipping right over the beef and potatoes of the thread and fixating on whatever reply irritated you, then you post a reply on that, while failing to touch on the subject that everyone is waiting on an answer for: What did this patch address?? Frankly, I personally don't care if you can't provide a list of what this patch addressed. But I feel like the least you can do is just say "I can't provide a list of things that were addressed at this time". Especially given the fact that you've made the time to reply to a remark that was critical of you and your team!

In addition to that, I also agree that a golden opportunity was missed in terms of fixing certain problem areas in the game. The game is now as finished as it will be, and it's not bad, but it's not great either. I'll continue playing it, but I will most definately be holding off on buying this game on release day next year, and waiting to hear what the community has to say about it.
Well said.

And i'm not "hating" on the game in any way. I am getting at the same point as you.

You just said it better than me...LOL
Old 12-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #115
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdawg17
"No strategy behind it"? C'mon dude...compared to the "other" game you actually have to work hard on offense/defense...no it's not perfect but to say there is no strategy is ridiculous...
so your saying there is strategy behind MO williams running around finding an open space and launching 3's away ? Get real
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 11:37 PM   #116
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
I'll reply once and only once as I'll get too worked up and am trying to get work done for 11.

It's rare that sports titles do more than one patch/update. If they do it's to fix bugs. No sports game has the resources to work on gameplay for 6 months after ship and do updates while still making a game for next year. Not possible. If anyone claims that they are not speaking the truth.

We did an update with a lot of bug fixes and gameplay improvements this year. The update was max size and took a lot of effort. Unfortunately there were a few bugs it caused that we had to address.

Please don't compare us unfavorably to the 'other game' in regards to updates and game quality. We have both made mistakes, but I stand by where we are at this year.
While I usually don't say anything to producers on this site. This post really bothers me. As I understand that you guys are extremely busy with 11, what I don't understand is how you guys can ignore some areas that should've been fixed during the first patch. Instead they released a patch that made thing worse.

One thing that I loved about Live is the drive and kick game. But, there were so many times the players were standing out of bounds. Which should never happen, so what happened? To make the players not stand out of bounds you brought them closer in the court, which made the D&K game messed up.

I'm not going to get into the other stuff but, the last thing I will say is this. Why would you get "worked" up? That's how we feel when we spend $60 on a game that has to be patched to fix things. To only have the patch bring in other bugs and glitches,goaltending, OT, 3pt abuse, fatigue online to name a few. Then the release another patch to fix those things but, fail to fix some of the things that we asked for in the first place. Fastbreaks, post game, etc...

I'm not bashing you or EA at all. I LOVE what you guys have done but, when I read something like this it just makes me angry. "Worked" up is how the consumer feels when a bball video game doesn't do the basic bball elements correct.

Here's hoping you guys do a great job next year.

Oh one last thing to CV. I just read your post to iminurbase and so agree man. Seriously great post. I really hope things go better in 11 or it's not going to be pretty. They thought the sale numbers were crazy this year. I could only imagine (if NCAA doesn't get a patch for freezing) what going to happen next year.

I'm rooting for EA because competition makes video games better.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

Last edited by DirtyJerz32; 12-08-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:44 PM   #117
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Damn, that's a real good post Jerz.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 12-08-2009, 11:45 PM   #118
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker
so your saying there is strategy behind MO williams running around finding an open space and launching 3's away ? Get real
Sorry...I didn't know you were talking about online play...what should the developers do to control how human beings make decisions? What should happen so that a human player can't make Mo Williams run around and launch 3's? What happens in 2k10 differently?
Old 12-08-2009, 11:52 PM   #119
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
While I usually don't say anything to producers on this site. This post really bothers me. As I understand that you guys are extremely busy with 11, what I don't understand is how you guys can ignore some areas that should've been fixed during the first patch. Instead they released a patch that made thing worse.

One thing that I loved about Live is the drive and kick game. But, there were so many times the players were standing out of bounds. Which should never happen, so what happened? To make the players not stand out of bounds you brought them closer in the court, which made the D&K game messed up.

I'm not going to get into the other stuff but, the last thing I will say is this. Why would you get "worked" up? That's how we feel when we spend $60 on a game that has to be patched to fix things. To only have the patch bring in other bugs and glitches,goaltending, OT, 3pt abuse, fatigue online to name a few. Then the release another patch to fix those things but, fail to fix some of the things that we asked for in the first place. Fastbreaks, post game, etc...

I'm not bashing you or EA at all. I LOVE what you guys have done but, when I read something like this it just makes me angry. "Worked" up is how the consumer feels when a bball video game doesn't do the basic bball elements correct.

Here's hoping you guys do a great job next year.

Oh one last thing to CV. I just read your post to iminurbase and so agree man. Seriously great post. I really hope things go better in 11 or it's not going to be pretty. They thought the sale numbers were crazy this year. I could only imagine (if NCAA doesn't get a patch for freezing) what going to happen next year.

I'm rooting for EA because competition makes video games better.

I 100% agree with every comment Jerz
Old 12-08-2009, 11:56 PM   #120
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
I'll reply once and only once as I'll get too worked up and am trying to get work done for 11.

It's rare that sports titles do more than one patch/update. If they do it's to fix bugs. No sports game has the resources to work on gameplay for 6 months after ship and do updates while still making a game for next year. Not possible. If anyone claims that they are not speaking the truth.

We did an update with a lot of bug fixes and gameplay improvements this year. The update was max size and took a lot of effort. Unfortunately there were a few bugs it caused that we had to address.

Please don't compare us unfavorably to the 'other game' in regards to updates and game quality. We have both made mistakes, but I stand by where we are at this year.

Work your guts out, pour your soul into a game... We'll whine about everything you didn't do.

Make us happy... we'll just cry for more.

It's just human nature. The eye is never satisfied.

You made a fun game this year with some great innovations. Sorry to disagree with everyone else, but I don't just don't like the other game. I don't like it's control system. I like this one. I've more than got my money's worth out of this years game. Peace.

Just getting tired of hearing people bag other people's hard work. Constructive criticism is fine but after a certain point... enough already.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »