Home

NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360 & PS3, Post Impressions Here within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-08-2009, 11:05 PM   #105
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 10 Patch #2 Available For 360, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by championmvp
so in other words thats it for this year.what am i left to do.go back to the game that i left live for years ago(which is not nearly as fun for me this year) or play a game thats severly flawed and lose to mindless bums.hmm....
Or stop Playing random cheesers and play sim players from here.......................Whats your gamertag?

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER

Last edited by rockchisler; 12-08-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #106
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
I gotta agree with you said. I'm watching the Cavs play the Grizzlies in real life right now , Mo and Gibson ARE launching and hitting them 3's and quite a few of them with people in the grill, commentator just mentioned that Williams went 7 for 7 from the land of plenty just the other night. How is the game supposed to work that out? The only thing I can say is just make sure you crash the boards and like you said, don't miss on your possession. I don't play with ANY of the elite 3 shooters, never had never will, but you gotta do what you gotta do. I wonder what would happen if someone actually threw up 70 3's with these guys in "the other game". We assume an outcome but has anyone actually played anyone who actually did that with these guys in the "other game"?
If you watch basketball then you would know that MO WILLIAMS isnt the main scorer for the cavs, its LEBRON. In real life basketball MO williams has to get away from defenders to get open or he is open at times because of the double team on lebron . I dont mind if he hits open SET SHOTS but this game lacks is easy ....

its hard to defend when MO sprints around finding a open spot . Now if the R1 button would follow them around which it does a decent job but it doesnt ALLOW US TO GET UP TO HIS FACE to contest his shot good enough resulting the 3's to go down like water.

FIX ? WHEN WE PRESS R1, this should follow them around and when they stop sprinting and about to shoot , R1 should let our defender get up to the ball handler face and disrupt the shot .
Old 12-08-2009, 11:18 PM   #107
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
I'll reply once and only once as I'll get too worked up and am trying to get work done for 11.

It's rare that sports titles do more than one patch/update. If they do it's to fix bugs. No sports game has the resources to work on gameplay for 6 months after ship and do updates while still making a game for next year. Not possible. If anyone claims that they are not speaking the truth.

We did an update with a lot of bug fixes and gameplay improvements this year. The update was max size and took a lot of effort. Unfortunately there were a few bugs it caused that we had to address.

Please don't compare us unfavorably to the 'other game' in regards to updates and game quality. We have both made mistakes, but I stand by where we are at this year.
Base, I respect everything you guys do for this game, but it really doesn't help your cause when you guys appear to form a habit of skipping right over the beef and potatoes of the thread and fixating on whatever reply irritated you, then you post a reply on that, while failing to touch on the subject that everyone is waiting on an answer for: What did this patch address?? Frankly, I personally don't care if you can't provide a list of what this patch addressed. But I feel like the least you can do is just say "I can't provide a list of things that were addressed at this time". Especially given the fact that you've made the time to reply to a remark that was critical of you and your team!

In addition to that, I also agree that a golden opportunity was missed in terms of fixing certain problem areas in the game. The game is now as finished as it will be, and it's not bad, but it's not great either. I'll continue playing it, but I will most definately be holding off on buying this game on release day next year, and waiting to hear what the community has to say about it.

Last edited by joel0078; 12-08-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:20 PM   #108
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdareal21
This is true, but then I can envision some brand new gripes about the "magnetic force that attaches defenders to people." This is what I mean when I say one fix will offset something else that will only allow people that want to cheese just another tactic. No game developer can stop the human mind from creating ways to unbalance the experience. It's up to the players to choose how they engage each other, it's really not anyone's fault
not really jdareal...this game right now is a joke because there is no strategy behind it . IF they put in the magnetic feel where im able to shadow MO WILLIAMS all over the court , then that leads to MO williams needing to drive on me which is just fine as long as i have done my homework and not give him open 3 point shots . I dont mind if LEBRON drives and kicks out to MO williams for a 3 but the damn sprint all over the court and shoot 3's is not strategy. I make a defensive move and play tight defense on him and set my pick n rolls to SWITCH , THEN i should have a defender in his face at all times contesting his shots ....let him beat me off the dribble or let him make a PLAY like real nba .
Old 12-08-2009, 11:24 PM   #109
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminurbase
I'll reply once and only once as I'll get too worked up and am trying to get work done for 11.

It's rare that sports titles do more than one patch/update. If they do it's to fix bugs. No sports game has the resources to work on gameplay for 6 months after ship and do updates while still making a game for next year. Not possible. If anyone claims that they are not speaking the truth.

We did an update with a lot of bug fixes and gameplay improvements this year. The update was max size and took a lot of effort. Unfortunately there were a few bugs it caused that we had to address.

Please don't compare us unfavorably to the 'other game' in regards to updates and game quality. We have both made mistakes, but I stand by where we are at this year.

As you said, you are working on LIVE 11...so the fellas who have LIVE 10 with a host a things missing, like a post game, well that's too bad.

The simple facts are that the "other game" sells well over half a million more than you and a lot of those people buying it are EX Live players. That's fact. There's a reason a lot of people have switched.

You campaigned heavily to "switch back" and then released a game with the promise of a huge patch prior to release. Beluba was on here talking about a patch weeks before LIVE even came out. So, there was already an acknowledgment of the game needing patching. That first patch was a disaster...and now, two months on, you guys do us a "favour" by fixing the bugs you created and (yet again) completely ignore gameplay areas.

The CPU can't see the open court and refuses to fast break...the CPU doesn't kick out to open shooters off rebounds...Alley Oops fall two meters short of the basket...these are the things you guys should have been working on. Not fixing the bugs that you created. I am being blunt here, but it's been this way for years with EA.

You can say you're getting "worked up"...but there's no point shooting the messenger. I am guessing I am a fair bit older than you and really there's no point "getting worked up" about a video game.

At the same time, there's no point sugar coating stuff if you want to improve for 11. Think of this post as "tough love". ..

Again though, the "other" game claimed they needed the extra time to come out with a killer patch and actually went public saying what was involved and how you guys had rushed yours. That's not me saying it, it's what they said. Bottom line is that they look correct at the end of this. Bottom line = you released a tiny first patch that had a lot of bugs. You then spent two months "fixing"these and called it "patch 2".

The other guys released a 250 MB patch full of new animations and defensive CPU AI.

Put yourself in the consumers shoes for a moment and ask "who looks better....the small patch with bugs or the big patch with gameplay elements added". Well......?

I've supported this series since Lakers v Celtics...and the facts are the game on next gen has always been an incomplete product.

I was hoping this year would be different.

No hard feelings, but there's no real point sugar coating it. It won't do you any good for me to sit here and tell you BS. You're a mile behind in sales and public confidence compared to the "other" game and a lot of it has to do with stuff like these patches.

Again, good effort...but a complete product would be nice one day.

Side note: I hope you've got the decency to release a patch for NCAA's freezing. "Next years game" is kind of shallow for people with "this years problems".
Old 12-08-2009, 11:25 PM   #110
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by joker
not really jdareal...this game right now is a joke because there is no strategy behind it . IF they put in the magnetic feel where im able to shadow MO WILLIAMS all over the court , then that leads to MO williams needing to drive on me which is just fine as long as i have done my homework and not give him open 3 point shots . I dont mind if LEBRON drives and kicks out to MO williams for a 3 but the damn sprint all over the court and shoot 3's is not strategy. I make a defensive move and play tight defense on him and set my pick n rolls to SWITCH , THEN i should have a defender in his face at all times contesting his shots ....let him beat me off the dribble or let him make a PLAY like real nba .
"No strategy behind it"? C'mon dude...compared to the "other" game you actually have to work hard on offense/defense...no it's not perfect but to say there is no strategy is ridiculous...
Old 12-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Or stop Playing random cheesers and play sim players from here.......................Whats your gamertag?
championmvp
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 11:31 PM   #112
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballatician
@ Court Vision alright man we get it.
You hate Live.
2k is God.
If you could read...you'd know that wasn't true.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »