Home

NBA 2K10 Patch v1.2 Announced

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch v1.2 Announced within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 08:16 AM   #89
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch v1.2 Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
I'm with you on this, but then I'm sorta not.

If you lower the On-Ball Defense slider for the CPU, you'll be able to blow past bigs and such. But the problem is that regardless of whether you can or can't get past them, they'll play the ballhandler tight regardless of the severity of the mismatch (like you said).

I get tired of seeing centers nose-to-nose with Mo Williams when I have that mismatch on the perimeter.
I'm guessing you're playing on one of the higher difficulty levels because I haven't seen that on Pro. Not that you have to play on Pro; just saying bumping up Difficulty could be viewed as increasing the challenge, not necessarily increasing how realistic the cpu plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Also, please, please, please, if possible, give us control of the "slow jog" walking up court animation. It's in the game, but it's rare. I'm tired of seeing the Steve Nash/Jason Kidd jog-sprint (holding the stick all the way in the direction you want to move) and the slow-as-hell old lady walk (hold the stick slightly).

This all but ruins the game for me, because I strive on the fact that basketball is a methodical chess match, not a track meet. When I have to run every time I bring the ball up, it makes the game much too fast paced for me.
I've said since day one I miss the ability to initiate the various walk the ball up animations. But how in the world does it "all but ruins the game for [you]"... Of course we all have our own perspectives, but imo it's ridiculous imo that you constantly need to be so overly dramatic about every little thing. My one concern about this second patch is that the devs will throw off the overall gameplay trying to appease those that are never really going to be satisfied anyway, just because they're complaining the most/loudest. I'm confident they have a grasp on their product and will deliver again, but it's a concern nonetheless

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 11-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #90
MVP

OVR: 9

Pared please re-post the things 2K need to fix with this next patch.

There are still to many things wrong with the game especially online play.

2K need to turn all the fouls up for online play, I am tired of playing against people who reach 5 times in a 24 sec shot clock.

Fastbreak spd still broken!
Fix all those 8 -12ft hook shots for player when it should be a runner, jumper, or a layup/dunk
Old 11-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 7

My Player mode

- Fix the glitch where the 2k insider constantly talks about "several teams are interested in you" message

- Fix the glitch where if you are late on pressing Y when attempting to rebound the ball the cpu player automatically shoots the ball causing a turnover

- Allow us to Pick what jerseys we wear in games

- Fix the glitch where the CPU randomly controls your player

- Fix it where if you move the shot stick right before your teammate actually passes you the ball you automatically throw up a random shot

- Allow us to simulate games on the calendar

- Very bad glitch that somehow if you do a drill and then play a game Lose, it automatically counts it as a win and vice versa. It seems to happen randomly, Probably in Associate mode too.

- Another thing, the fouls are horrible in my player, you don't even have to touch an opposing team player and they call foul, prefect example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4ZNsJR-mr4

Bring NFL 2k Football back

Last edited by B-Wills; 11-28-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2009, 09:11 AM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 6

From what I've noticed in the MyPlayer mode on PS3:

One of the things that should definitely be fixed is (auto)saving in-game coaching options as Play Art and Play Calling. Right now they reset back to default and we have to take the time to change these in the beginning of every single game. Same goes for the camera, although it seems to stick for a single gaming session.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #93
MVP

OVR: 18
Need to fix the glitch where you lose control of your team...its pretty annoying
Old 11-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Wills
My Player mode

- Fix the glitch where the 2k insider constantly talks about "several teams are interested in you" message

- Fix the glitch where if you are late on pressing Y when attempting to rebound the ball the cpu player automatically shoots the ball causing a turnover

- Allow us to Pick what jerseys we wear in games

- Fix the glitch where the CPU randomly controls your player

- Fix it where if you move the shot stick right before your teammate actually passes you the ball you automatically throw up a random shot

- Allow us to simulate games on the calendar

- Very bad glitch that somehow if you do a drill and then play a game Lose, it automatically counts it as a win and vice versa. It seems to happen randomly, Probably in Associate mode too.

- Another thing, the fouls are horrible in my player, you don't even have to touch an opposing team player and they call foul, prefect example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4ZNsJR-mr4
I could live with almost all of this if I could actually play beyond the first season without it freezing up...
Old 11-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #95
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I'm guessing you're playing on one of the higher difficulty levels because I haven't seen that on Pro. Not that you have to play on Pro; just saying bumping up Difficulty could be viewed as increasing the challenge, not necessarily increasing how realistic the cpu plays
No, I play on Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I've said since day one I miss the ability to initiate the various walk the ball up animations. But how in the world does it "all but ruins the game for [you]"... Of course we all have our own perspectives, but imo it's ridiculous imo that you constantly need to be so overly dramatic about every little thing. My one concern about this second patch is that the devs will throw off the overall gameplay trying to appease those that are never really going to be satisfied anyway, just because they're complaining the most/loudest. I'm confident they have a grasp on their product and will deliver again, but it's a concern nonetheless
Being "overly dramatic" would mean that I'm not being truthful. That's not the case. The fact that basketball is slow and methodical is my favorite aspect of the sport, and having to see that running animation 120+ times a game irks the hell out of me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2009, 09:15 PM   #96
Banned

OVR: 16
Fix the ****ing grading and the lag in my player! already out 2 controllers because of it
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »