Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #713
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

theres another glitch!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqyuRoEHlL0

homie won 2 championships in one season!!, lol time 2 add the NBA Finals patch in as well...

they had a celebration in game 3 and game 4 in his my player..

ADD NBA FINALS UNIFORM PATCH please!!
Old 11-16-2009, 06:08 PM   #714
Rookie

OVR: 2

deleted

Last edited by tekkenlaw; 11-16-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:52 PM   #715
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1
theres another glitch!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqyuRoEHlL0

homie won 2 championships in one season!!, lol time 2 add the NBA Finals patch in as well...

they had a celebration in game 3 and game 4 in his my player..

ADD NBA FINALS UNIFORM PATCH please!!

haha damn that glitch is funny, at least you get more points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2009, 07:12 PM   #716
MVP

Vast's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Sounds like this game has improved. I happened to stumble across this for an absolute steal at $25 on Ebay from some dude so I'll give it a shot.
Finally son! I have Live bro but i just couldn't put this game down and play it. After the patch im loving it more.

My advice to you is find the control scheme you like(theres a isomotion on the right stick like Live) and after learning how to play defense(this game finally has some) you should be very happy.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:40 AM   #717
Rookie

OVR: 2

Some quick thoughts, I guess:
- The inside scoring adjustment is acceptable I guess, but as many have said, it would be better if dudes were trying to body you up and keep you out of the paint rather than undercutting you when you go for a layup/shot in the paint.

- It might just be his player tendencies, but playing for NJ in My Player, I'm seeing a lot of stupid alley-oops. Like, Devin Harris is just chucking the ball into the air like 3-4 times a game, with no one in sight to finish, resulting in an instant TO.

- Blocking is really easy now. It's not hard to average 4-5 blocks a game with a decent shotblocker, and that's on 20 minutes per game.

Certainly, the game is a lot more playable than pre-patch, but I'm not about to hail endless praise upon it. As many have said, the patch was one of repair, not of improvement. But for now, I'm happy to play the game and enjoy doing so.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #718
All Star

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
so i deleted all my 2k10 related files off of my harddrive, and redownloaded the patch.. some interesting things in my first game back.. I saw a few over the back calls that were subsuquently LOST once I messed with any settings. I went a good 10 games with some of the worst gameplay. then all of a sudden it is back after deleting all my files and starting fresh. i fear changing anything now as it may revert back to the old.. This all cant be placebo, can it?

can anyone else confirm they have seen what i have seen? A game that played well for the first game. a game you knew needed some slider/rules changes. so i went and applied those and no game has been the same since.. so then you start back fresh and youre back to liking what you see.. im so lost.

I need my fouls and lowered shooting numbers but fear some sort of corrupt gameplay setting that is plauging me.
Is there any chance in hell of getting another patch to fix the things that didnt "but where in the last Patch" fixed and be fixed before little things drive us more crazy...
Old 11-21-2009, 12:11 AM   #719
Rookie

I have a problem with shooting fouls. First off, the real NBA is a lot rougher than this game. There's a lot less hard fouls in 2K10. If shooting fouls are too low, naturally you turn the shooting foul slider up higher. This is where the problem comes in.

Turning up the shooting foul slider shouldn't just increase the number of shooting fouls called, but it should also increase the intensity of the fouls to balance things out. Now I'm getting called for little touch fouls or in instances where my player doesn't even make any contact. Almost EVERY time a guy tries to draw a foul he gets the call instead of the referees ignoring contact.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that 2K10 isn't physical enough and when foul sliders are adjusted, the number AND the intensity of the fouls need to be increased. Otherwise, I feel like I'm getting ripped off with the majority of the fouls.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:08 PM   #720
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by danphilibin
I have a problem with shooting fouls. First off, the real NBA is a lot rougher than this game. There's a lot less hard fouls in 2K10. If shooting fouls are too low, naturally you turn the shooting foul slider up higher. This is where the problem comes in.

Turning up the shooting foul slider shouldn't just increase the number of shooting fouls called, but it should also increase the intensity of the fouls to balance things out. Now I'm getting called for little touch fouls or in instances where my player doesn't even make any contact. Almost EVERY time a guy tries to draw a foul he gets the call instead of the referees ignoring contact.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that 2K10 isn't physical enough and when foul sliders are adjusted, the number AND the intensity of the fouls need to be increased. Otherwise, I feel like I'm getting ripped off with the majority of the fouls.
Have you tried to increase the commit fouls slider?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »