Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #577
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokupguy
Is there any chance of one more patch coming out? There some things that havent been fixed like some of players gear (long socks) and player skin tone not matching (arryo) and also to seprate staple center for lakers and clippers as it was pre patch. And sticking overlays during my player game still getting that?
The Arryo skin problem has been corrected by the latest roster update
Old 11-08-2009, 10:15 PM   #578
Rookie

JVal3208's Arena

OVR: 7

Maybe it's just me, but I can't hit the broad side of a barn after this patch. I am taking good, uncontested shots. I can't make a jumper, period. Are there any slider suggestions you guys may have? Have they changed releases or something?
Old 11-08-2009, 11:24 PM   #579
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
Now I don't know what to think! After a great experience with realistic stats against the Blazers, I restarted my association, played them again with the new rosters and got BLOWN OUT! They were hitting everything... contested threes like it was nothing. I was missing wide open J's as well. They shot 65% and 50% from three. It was brutal. I shot 45% but most of that wa in the paint. I had to resprt to points in the paint because I couldn't hit a jumper to save my life. Hopefully this doesn't continue (me missing wide open shots and them hitting impossible/ greatly contested shots), because I was really enjoying this game.
try walking the dog and see if it only rolls 10ft like it did pre patch. if so, the patch has a bug...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Old 11-08-2009, 11:29 PM   #580
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
I think I found a crazy glitch. 1st game after the update, 2nd quarter, I shoot one up with Granger and they call a foul and I make the basket. Everyone acts like no foul was called and run upcourt, stadium announcer says at the line to shoot 2, but its as if there was no foul called.

Thats cool, but now I cant control any players. The game goes into CPU vs CPU mode, and to boot, nobody can make a shot so its CPU running up and down the court missing shots. I call a few timeouts to get it right, but nothing works. I go into settings, and the game still shows my controller on the pacers.

Finally, the CPU team makes a shot but now my guys will not inbound the ball and they keep getting 5 second violations. I tried to call a few time outs but to no avail I had to quit. either way, I missed out on a quarter because of this so even if I fixed it, the game was ruined.

has anyone experienced anything like this or is this a bug with the patch?
I have experienced this exactly as you described it. However, it was not associated with the patch for it happened prior to the patch's release. The game seemed to remain stuck on CPU-CPU (with 5 second calls on inbounds just as you mentioned) until another shooting foul was committed. This seemed to make the game "snap" out of it.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:38 PM   #581
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
try walking the dog and see if it only rolls 10ft like it did pre patch. if so, the patch has a bug...
I've never walked the dog before (pre or post patch)... I don't even know how to do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2009, 11:50 PM   #582
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
I've never walked the dog before (pre or post patch)... I don't even know how to do it.
after the team you're playing against score hold LT and inbound the ball. let it roll til it stops. pre patch the ball wouldn't go past free throw line, post patch, the ball rolls almost to half court.

i'm tryin to figure out what the hell happened to the patch as well. first game after patch, 2k10 was a dream come true. the next game i played, recurring nightmare! teams are shooting 60-65%, teammates defense are terrible allowing backdoor cuts, cpu fastbreak to all the time! gonna try something else and get back to you Streets...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...

Last edited by Whaaaazuuuuup; 11-09-2009 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:53 AM   #583
Rookie

OVR: 3

Gave it a go today and seems as if I allowed my temper to get the better of me. A lot of CPUs situation vs USER allowable instances really irked me. For example: the User initiated double teams seem fine, however the CPU initiated double teams are mostly deflected back to me but I'm out of bounds or some other bizarre situation happens (WATCH the vid tomorrow, it's eye opening). Will will have vids up tomorrow when I have a moment.

I don't like that some are questioning whether the patch, that says too much. We asked, we expected, and we got and as anticipated there was a possibility of a Butterfly Effect (fix one thing, effect another). I'm taking time away from the game, but I'm seriously pondering sending it back to Take-Two Interactive.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:07 AM   #584
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewbaby1414
No doubt about it though...The game play is greatly improved....I have only been playing this game for the association but it has now turned into a pretty fun 2 player game.

The patch makes a huge difference in player movment, frame rate and AI defense.

I warn anyone who may be in a current association though.....Just like in the movie 2012 my association came to an end...except it was 2015.

If you are not big into stats/simmed stats then it shouldnt be a problem for you. If your like me it's a bit disapointing to start over.

My only fear is that i start up a new association with the offical roster and run into 2015 (and hours of game play later) and have my association turn into the apocolypse.

has this happened to anyone else? if so, was it post patch or pre patch? or both?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »