Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
NBA 2K25 Cover Athletes - Jayson Tatum, A'ja Wilson and Vince Carter
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive and Analysis
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games

Old 11-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #465
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malek05
wow...what an enormous disappointment this patch is, other than framerate issues I haven't seen any change in...anything. Still see crazy alley oops, the cpu still takes a crazy amount of shots under the basket (though now they do miss a lot, but the problem is that they take to many even if you set inside shots to 0 ). At least they did get rid of the stat overlays raping 90% of my screen during gameplay.
You're trying way too hard to be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by malek05
I had been using Nogsters roster's and whatever he did fixed the double team issue, so that was no longer a problem.
Wow. So a roster fixed a bug in the CODE? Amazing!

Unbelievable, actually.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #466
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar

Thanks Simballer and Big Rob!!! This is more what I had in mind !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh Lord. Da_Czar is happy? Lock the thread. 2K's work is done!
Old 11-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #467
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Oh Lord. Da_Czar is happy? Lock the thread. 2K's work is done!
LMAO. I was actually shocked when I saw Da_Czar's reaction.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #468
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
You're welcome. The dynamic attendance, IMO, is not so dynamic. There's no way that there should appear to be 18,000 people at the Target Center (which holds 20,500). There were only sparcely placed empty seats. If you're expecting to see vast sections of empty seats in the upper level you're not. Which was especially disappointing since the game I played was the last before the ASB (vs Charlotte), and the T'Wolves were sitting w/ 17 wins playing host a team Bobcats team 4gms under .500. Sorry...that arena should be near empty for two of the bottom5 teams in attendance from 2008-09.
This doesn't surprise me. I think VC panders too much to the leagues when it comes to items related to "image". It's like sports propaganda. Understandable considering 2K is still building up to an EA level of trust and respect with the leagues. Too bad 2K had no respect from the NFL. But, I'll shut up about that.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #469
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
I don't get this.
Good teams usually are made by good players. Good players usually make difficult and clutch shots no matter how good of defense you play. And so a good team, compared to a bad team, isn't supposed to make clutch and difficult shots?
This is the quintessential wrong way to go about good teams and difficulty in sports game. For example, in NBA2k, at least when I play them, the celtics, cavs, and lakers, make every open shot that you do not perfectly contest, and I am not exaggerating when I say "make every open shot", I have never seen Pierce, Allen, and Garnett miss an open shot in this game, and they rarely miss shots that you contest, and i've played them with various teams using various defenses. I have never held these guys to under 60% percent shooting, and I know it is not my defense, because I've played the Heat and forced Wade to go 8-28 and score 20, I've played the Wiz and forced Gilbert to go 5-21 and score 17, I've faced the Spurs and made Tim Duncan go 7-19 with 16 points. But since 2k, imo, has clearly labeled the Celtics, Cavs, and Lakers, as god teams on here, the experience playing them is not even remotely close to playing any other team.

When I play them, entry passes that go into the lane seem to just sale over my players head because Kevin Garnett is there. Passes that are crisp against other opponents turn into cross court lobs that get picked off because Rondo is there. I was hoping for the better teams to play smarter ( take better shots, play better defense, not foul as much, get to the line more ) but the challenge playing them is purely based on them making a high level of shots. They don't out rebound you, they don't get to the line more, they don't really run anything resembling an offense, they block more shots, they are just going to shoot 68% from the field. I don't call that challenging, I call it cheap.

"The buckeyes play Akron, they play Kent State, I mean, they may win the MAC this year."
Old 11-07-2009, 10:18 AM   #470
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
You're trying way too hard to be disappointed.

Wow. So a roster fixed a bug in the CODE? Amazing!

Unbelievable, actually.

Obviously you don't use Nogsters Rosters, and you haven't read the thread where people say the newest official 2k roster updates seemed to address a lot of the double team problems.

Or maybe your waiting for your mother to go to work so you can sneak upstairs and watch a Shannon Tweed movie on the big HD TV and you have some time to kill.

Thats quite believable, actually.

"The buckeyes play Akron, they play Kent State, I mean, they may win the MAC this year."
Old 11-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #471
MVP

OVR: 8

Ok, now I got it ^^^^
However, I just had my first online ranked game post-patch (and vs BOS coincidentally) and there is definitely some lag yet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2009, 10:24 AM   #472
Banned

OVR: 8

-Framerate problems appear to be gone.(still exists in some cut scenes)

-Definitely more contact in the paint.

-I actually got an over the back call for the first time.

-Defensive rotations are drastically improved.

-There does appear to be less garbage points in the paint by the cpu, but i think it has more to do with less attempts and added contact. There is still major problems with guarded passing lanes not being respected in the paint. The ball appears to magically go around or through the defensive players.(Hopefully this is addressed next year.)

Overall a very good patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »