Home

NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-06-2009, 08:51 AM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Impressions Thread (360 Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandblazer
i know this may be unimportant to many and it wasnt mentioned in the list of fixes but was anything done with the socks?

can someone check to see if sock color is editable again and if long socks glitch to black still?

also is red still pink?
Socks are still black....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #82
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Impressions Thread (360 Only)

Still having a few issues with pickup games, but I was at least able to play a few this time.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #83
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K10 Patch Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
I'm fine with this. Reducing alley success rate was addressed for online play. For CPU, you still have the alley ferquency slider

I'm not fine with this. Anyone else can confirm?
Gotta be an overstatement or dude aint very good, im playing against the Lakers on HOF on all defaults and Gasol is 2-9, Dwight has contested him everytime and it was either a block or a contact animation that he missed, im loving the variation also, the CPU plays amazing.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:58 AM   #84
MVP

OVR: 32

D is absolutely better than prior to the patch. The rotations off of double teams and PnR's is the first thing I tried and is noticeable. Also more passes on fast breaks by the CPU are batted and caught instead of completely rolling out of bounds for an automatic turnover....
Old 11-06-2009, 09:01 AM   #85
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12

Game plays much better for sure.
Sliders are all at default:

One thing I noticed right away were that players were not fatiguing(THREE bars or less) as quickly as they did prepatch. It took almost until the end of the quarter before my players began to fatigue(THREE bars or less). Similar to 2k9. I had no problems with this turbo/fatigue system prepatch but I guess a lot of community did.

Will need a larger sample size before I consider this confirmed though.

Mentioned already but I love how almost every shot in the paint, if an opposing player is there, triggers contact animations. Again it's been mentioned but shooting sliders will still require tweaking post patch but minor tweaks.

Speaking of animations, I also noticed that the "blow by after a pump fake" and "low dribble pass a defender" animations have been removed. I'm wondering if they're only triggered by high-rated players or they've been removed completely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 09:03 AM   #86
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNgIeS
got an achievement for over 30 assists in my game with a game score 97 and hardly any free throw pts. is that bad?
More interested in the assist/fg ratio
Old 11-06-2009, 09:04 AM   #87
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23

Like my man man Clark Kellog says, "This Game Is Much In The Clutch"! What a difference a patch makes! If the game would have shipped like the post patch plays, this game wouldve been crowned the best simulation ever! I am very pleased with the fixes.

Control is like night and day before and after the patch.

Pick and roll defense(CPU) is definitely smarter. I played an NBA Today game, Heat vs Nuggets, every time i ran a pick n roll with dwade, the hedged(showed) to prevent me from going over the top of the screen!

Shooting % are alot realisticin the paint! Shooting in general feels tighter. Not a tight as 2k9, but still a huge improvement over prepatch 2k10.

Defensive rotations are waaaaaaay better!

Post up game with no lag..........amazing!

Im ready to start my chise now! Thanks 2k! All joking aside, this is the most complete, NBA game i have played. Its still a video game as we all know, but every game i feel like i get sucked in more and more! I cannot go to sleep at night without playing "just one more game"!

Like Kanye's song says: "Its Amazing, So Amazing"!!
Old 11-06-2009, 09:07 AM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm at work so I haven't had a chance to download the patch. Can anyone who was having severe framerate/lag issues tell me whether 2k cam is fixed in the laggiest stadiums (Dallas, LA)?

It'd be much appreciated!

PS. The impressions thread at 2ksports is really sad, don't bother going over there if you need any kind of helpful information.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »