Home

NBA 2K10 Review

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Review within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 9
"You can also invite a friend who is online to play with you in your Association. So if you’re one who likes to manage a team year after year but does not necessarily love playing against the CPU, you can invite your buddy or anyone online for that matter to come play with you or as the other team."

THANK YOU 2K! Madden and NCAA need to take notes!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 12:13 AM   #82
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K10 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgt
Madden 10 gets a 9 and NBA 2K10 & NHL 10 gets a 8.5, I'll be the first to say you guys have no clue about ratings
Honestly, I have to agree. No offense OS'ers. Really, both NHL and NBA 2K represent their sports better than Madden. Honestly, as I think about it, Madden just sucks.

Ultimately, the scores mean absolutely nothing though. Read the review for what it is. I think it's an outstanding review - and not because I agree with most of it. I think it's fair, balanced, and pretty comprehensive.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 10-07-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:17 AM   #83
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey4mvp
This for anyone who has played 2K10 and NBA Live 10.

What is a better sim style game (like IRL) and what do you think is the better overall game.
Really? Good LORD! You read a 2K review and you have to ask this question? You have to ask this question when there are TONS of threads asking the same question?
Old 10-07-2009, 12:37 AM   #84
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambowie
I love how people bash a website for being biased or whatever whenever a game doesn't get a review score they think it deserves. If the people writing these reviews really are so out of whack that they shouldn't be taken seriously, then stop visiting the site! It's that simple.

On a different but related note, perhaps OS should stop scoring games and just let the written reviews speak for themselves. The only thing scores do is spark tired flame wars.
I love how some people make narrow-minded assumptions about other people without having the common sense to understand what that person is saying. Your interpretation skills need work. I have nothing against the reviewer and thought he gave a decent impression of the game. It's review scores that I'm against because they often don't make any sense when compared with other scores. I shouldn't have to spell out what I'm saying for you.

Your last paragraph you've said exactly what I was saying in my post. Do you have trouble reading?
Old 10-07-2009, 12:49 AM   #85
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Please note that standards change each year. If the game was a 9 last year and they re-release the same game with updated rosters, that doesn't mean the game will get another 9. In fact the game would actually decrease to 7.5 or 8 due to lack of innovation. The fact that this game gets 8.5 should not be related to last year's 9.0 in any way.
I see what you're saying, but NBA2K and NHL don't need to innovate. If improvements have been made to an already solid title even if the adjustments made are small then logically the game deserves a better score/review as it's better than the previous version. I don't need innovation in 2K10, just the main problems from last year to be ironed out and I'm content. I'm not as picky as some and need a new dribbling system or control scheme or game/graphics engine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2009, 12:50 AM   #86
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRWill
And I have bought 2K every year since 2K4 and exclusively since 2K6. IMO, the game is more of the same. Too many of the same old problems that made me fustrated have made their way back into the game.
For better or worse, THIS statement here killed any credibility you could have possibly started with. Nice drive by.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:57 AM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 3
Good review.
I felt the demo was too easy but presentation rocks big time. Well done 2k!
Old 10-07-2009, 12:57 AM   #88
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
I see what you're saying, but NBA2K and NHL don't need to innovate. If improvements have been made to an already solid title even if the adjustments made are small then logically the game deserves a better score/review as it's better than the previous version. I don't need innovation in 2K10, just the main problems from last year to be ironed out and I'm content. I'm not as picky as some and need a new dribbling system or control scheme or game/graphics engine.
I sorta agree and disagree at the same time. Let's think about it. If you made the perfect game in 08, what else are you expected to do for 09. Now, OF COURSE, 2K10 is FAR from perfect. But if the game was a handful of issues away from being the holy grail, how would you rate it? I have no problem with the rating. It's pretty much what I would have given it, I guess. But at some point, if they are going to make games on an annual basis, you HAVE to be able to sense a year worth of work on the game. The question is, do changes noted in the review represent a fair amount of a year's worth of work for the developers? If you can say 'yes', then maybe you can justify a higher score. If not, a lower score should be expected...

With that said, I think NHL, MLB, NBA, soccer, and NFL games need to continue to innovate to some degree. All annual sports game. Otherwise, why should anyone buy them year after year?

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 10-07-2009 at 01:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »