Home

NBA 2K10 Review

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Review within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-06-2009, 01:58 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 2
The framerate in this game is horrible! It drops so much that it makes the game uplayable! I'm so disappointed right now! 2K better patch this crap now!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 01:58 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K10 Review

Ok, was it just me, or did they not mention ANYTHING about the horrible framerates? Nothing? I looked at the review, and didn't see anything about it. Maybe I am missing it, but that would be a huge oversight.

If it is excluded from the review, I seriously cannot take this review serious. I mean, it is plain as day that the game has a crappy framerate right now.

Also, OS's "review" on the Online in 2k is pretty ridiculous. They mention all of the modes, and additions, but not one comment on how it plays. How is the lag? How is the fluidity online? How are the connections? Do the connections drop a lot? Nothing, not one word about what happens when you actually join a game.

Last edited by 3rdamention; 10-06-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #67
Rookie

MrSimCity's Arena

OVR: 15
There were frame issues at first, but my last coupe of days with the game, those were no where to be found
Old 10-06-2009, 02:40 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 12

NBA 2K gets a 8.5 but Madden got a 9?
Old 10-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 15
From what I have heard and researched the framerate issues are in only certain arenas and yes that sucks but I don't and haven't had that issue YET. To 3rdamention the reason they dont mention 2k's online play is because for anyone who has played the 2K series online knows it plays well so much so it goes without saying, the only lag I know of is with the 5 on 5 but other than that Online is not a problem. The game is still great and still better than Live was is me or in NBA Live the Ref's dont call anything but a moving screen yeah thats a real NBA sim 4 ya!!! lol
Old 10-06-2009, 02:50 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
Those reviews were done by three different people, so obviously, the rating comparison doesn't hold up.

I did the NHL 10 review and gave it a 8.5, but if you asked me rate Madden 10, I would've given it a 7, and if I'd done NCAA Football, it probably would've gotten a 6 from me.

Haven't played the full version of either basketball game yet, so I've got no comment on those.
victim of its own success
Old 10-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #71
Legend in the making...

CallMeDrop's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
Please note that standards change each year. If the game was a 9 last year and they re-release the same game with updated rosters, that doesn't mean the game will get another 9. In fact the game would actually decrease to 7.5 or 8 due to lack of innovation. The fact that this game gets 8.5 should not be related to last year's 9.0 in any way.

Well they make a thread about the review for people to discuss it. If a score doesn't matter then they should just review the game and give no score at all, but they don't.

2k9 did not get a 9 rating last year! IGN gave it an 8.5, gamespot gave in an 8. This game is better than an 8.5 IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 02:55 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrell28
From what I have heard and researched the framerate issues are in only certain arenas and yes that sucks but I don't and haven't had that issue YET. To 3rdamention the reason they dont mention 2k's online play is because for anyone who has played the 2K series online knows it plays well so much so it goes without saying, the only lag I know of is with the 5 on 5 but other than that Online is not a problem. The game is still great and still better than Live was is me or in NBA Live the Ref's dont call anything but a moving screen yeah thats a real NBA sim 4 ya!!! lol

Last year's 2k9 Online play was ful of lag. It affected Jump Shots, Cutting, Passing. I have purchased the last 5 2k Basketball games and the online play has always left something to be desired. And just to say that online will be good this year, because it was last year, is not a review. That is a simple assumption. Many people have voiced their impressions the last 2 years and have not been over the top excited about 2k's online play.

Many people thought the framerate would be better this year, after it started bad last year before patched. The online actual gameplay and framerate needs some help, I want to know if the actual gameplay has been improved. Just mentioning the modes, as OS did, is a preview. Explaining how they play, that is a review.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »