Home

NBA 2K10 Review

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Review within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-06-2009, 05:30 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Maybe just because you've played the game one time, but 2K10 is the best basketball game of all time!! When I've first seen the game, (when the demo is out..) My thought is " what a game, the game is poor, it seems like 2k9 etc.." because I don't take enough time to play the demo. As a big fan of Bryant, even the jumper make me so nervous..OK...but tomorrow, I take my time to play the demo fully..and now, I see all the things they do in the game,the game looks so realistic..My brother too, when he first see the game he had the same idea
Old 10-06-2009, 05:41 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1
the game looks pretty good, and more than I hope..Some of us talk about live, but I've playing live a long time ago, and Live 10 is like the others..Maybe they do more improvements on Gameplay, but the game still be an arcade game..Live is just for exhibition game, just for a feeling..you can't play live during a full season! Live 10, when I see the trailers, and when I play the demo..I laugh! The game looks so bad, and the same animation repeat again and again and again!..guys moving like sponge, jumpers, don't talk about this..the guys doesn't look like as real..the game is very poor...I don't know why some of us talk about live as a opponent of 2K..there's no comparison!! 2K is the best basketball game..It's not just because you've seen some 2k' gameplay on internet, guys on internet 80% of them play the game so bad! When you play the game nicely, now you see all the diference between both of 'em..Maybe it's because Live's Fans play 2K10 (they do that all time on youtube) they play the game so bad just to show us that the game is not good.. but never, you'll see a 2K fan, play live...NEVER!! so It's not just because I'm 2K now (1995-2003 I've been a real EA fan), it's just the game..guys on 2k do a great job on this game..9.6, it's my note...
Old 10-06-2009, 05:52 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 9
i have the game....its a 9.1 in my book based on realism
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2009, 07:49 AM   #36
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NBA 2K10 Review

Good read.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:01 AM   #37
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
good review but yeah, a lot can be fixed with sliders like the shot percentages and some of the big problems like frame rate were not mentioned.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:13 AM   #38
Legend in the making...

CallMeDrop's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Court_vision
The problem with scores is that they are a natural point of comparison.

They are also a historical reference...and I'm pretty sure NBA 2K9 got a 9/10 rating.

That's unfortunate as there's just no way in hell that 2K10 is not better than 2K9.

Madden 10 getting a 9 and NBA 2K9's review both will kind of go down as Op Spots "things that make you go hmmmmmmm" moments.
Last year, 2K got an 8.5 from IGN and an 8 from Gamestop.
I've had 2k10 since Fri night and IMO it's better than 2K9. I'm not having any framerate issues either.

After you save it to your hard drive, adjust a few sliders and make a couple of personal tweaks to your liking (player edits, etc)...the game is great! No game is perfect out of the box...Commentary is fresh and the players look real. Once you learn this year's version of Isomotion it will be even better for you. I recommend practicing/scrimmaging until you feel comfortable with the controls.

Still the champ!
Old 10-06-2009, 08:14 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 15

Yeah I can't wait to play the game today. I am kind of worried by all of the negative comments about this game that ive been reading for the past week and people posting videos about 2K10 and its problems. Im hoping some of these people are making issues bigger than what they are and the game is great.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:20 AM   #40
MVP

OVR: 34
I detested 2k9, and I just do not get the feel that it is a major step up from 2k9, to warrant a immediate purchase. Nothing I have seen or read has made me feel any different.

I may rent before buying, in a couple of weeks, but I'm no hurry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »