Home

NBA Live 10 Video #1

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Video #1 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-30-2009, 02:20 AM   #89
MVP

OVR: 30
Re: NBA Live 10 Video #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
I had this conversation with my buddy about Live 10 and 2K10 today and since this is usually the time when my insomnia kicks in, I will post it here instead of creating a new thread.

We compared the two games to girls. 2K is the girl that you've been with for a while. She has some issues that been around for a while that you hoped that she would be able to change - but she hasn't. You don't care though, because you know the overall package is so damn fine. She also knows that she is sexy as hell.

Then one day at work/school this new girl comes in. She is the blueprint to what you could ever want, albeit a little rough around the edges. But you know she has some potential that a very a few select girls on this planet have. Some would say she is pretty, but she isn't quite as sexy as the girl you are with right now. However, this new girl wants you. She wants you to discover her for years to come because she'll only improve and grow with you.

That to me is 2K and Live this year. You can stay with your old girl or you can creep with the new one. Or better yet, maybe you can get everyone to get along.
Great analogy. I couldn't agree more and I know which girl is which, too! And truth be told, this may be why I like Live 10, more because when it comes to women, I prefer #2 since I did learn the hard way with #1, in real life. Lol.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:24 AM   #90
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallGuru
Only thing that bothered me was Bibby blocking Wade's dunk.

That's one thing that bothers me in the game which I haven't brought up: you can beat your man, be at the rim for a dunk, and you'll get the animation where your player pulls it behind his neck, exposing it for any player on the court to block.
Yea, I'm witcha, there, after playing the demo LIKE CRAZY. We can only hope that this is NOT in the retail version. Remember, too, that this vid is of the BETA, not the final. Shall we pray?
Old 09-30-2009, 02:27 AM   #91
MVP

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
I had this conversation with my buddy about Live 10 and 2K10 today and since this is usually the time when my insomnia kicks in, I will post it here instead of creating a new thread.

We compared the two games to girls. 2K is the girl that you've been with for a while. She has some issues that been around for a while that you hoped that she would be able to change - but she hasn't. You don't care though, because you know the overall package is so damn fine. She also knows that she is sexy as hell.

Then one day at work/school this new girl comes in. She is the blueprint to what you could ever want, albeit a little rough around the edges. But you know she has some potential that a very a few select girls on this planet have. Some would say she is pretty, but she isn't quite as sexy as the girl you are with right now. However, this new girl wants you. She wants you to discover her for years to come because she'll only improve and grow with you.

That to me is 2K and Live this year. You can stay with your old girl or you can creep with the new one. Or better yet, maybe you can get everyone to get along.
...That new girl want to be my number 1 by the way things are going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 02:31 AM   #92
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I had to look at it a 2nd time just to make sure i wasn't jumping the gun and i was right it was all human controlled.

They had one clip of the CPU setting an illegal screen which is what we've all seen the demo. They had another clip of the cpu doing a straight drive to the rim.

But the dribbling moves and attack the basket moves were all Human controlled and done.

That's the biggest mystery to me about the game right now. Will the CPU players utilize those same type of skills on the floor in the Final version that we see the human player utilizing.

I want to get excited about Live 10 but why have those moves when the CPU doesn't even perform them on their own?

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-30-2009, 02:35 AM   #93
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

If Live really wanted to sell their game this year, they should take DaoudS' post and put it on the back of the box along with some pictures of NBA cheerleaders.

Guarantee that would sell the game better than the usual "back of the box" listing.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:35 AM   #94
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Why was almost every move in the video by a human controlled player?

I'm thinking to myself finally we get the CPU put the rock on the floor and attack off the dribble and then it's all human controlled moves.

I'm tired of seeing the human player show off what he can do how about a 2-3 minute video of the CPU players LBJ, Wade, Kobe and Melo show casing their moves for once.
Lol PM I'm sure somebody will help you out here. When I get my copy I'll personally be looking for things like this for you.

I may not be able to capture anything on video but I'll include that in my impressions.

And hey there's always 2K10 man that game has pretty much everything you are looking for.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:42 AM   #95
MVP

OVR: 9

Fans of sim basketball should be very interested in Live this year. Some good things in this video...

1. Help defense. I like how Garnett left Varejao and came to help on Shaq. It wasn't a canned animation, it felt and looked real.

I also like how when Shaq ran out near the 3 point line the defense completely ignored him and focused on Lebron who was driving. These are good signs for fans of fundamental basketball.

2. The presentation looks off the hook. The crowd atmosphere is intense, can you imagine the end of tight games?? This game should make even the unemotional excited.

If the crowd shows a lot of tension at the end of games, or in big games, it's going to be ridiculous. Maybe Mike or someone can confirm this?

3. The court spacing is phenomenal

4. Not just in this video, but in other Live videos, creating space has actually been effective. This is going to make the perimeter game a real chess match. Hopefully I can have some fundamental showdowns with Da Czar (holla at me if you play on the 360). I look forward to schooling cats online in a way they haven't been schooled since I played 2K8.

Anyway, my mind is made up. I have been buying 2K games for awhile now, but I didn't buy 2K9 (or Live) last year because I felt it wasn't a significant upgrade over 2K8. This will be the first year I buy NBA Live since Live '98 for the PS1. Good job fellas
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 02:49 AM   #96
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Lol PM I'm sure somebody will help you out here. When I get my copy I'll personally be looking for things like this for you.

I may not be able to capture anything on video but I'll include that in my impressions.

And hey there's always 2K10 man that game has pretty much everything you are looking for.
Man I've been itching to download that 2K 10 demo but I haven't even bothered. I'm trying like hell to avoid the game and give Live the 1st crack like always. I've heard great things about the final product from a buddy. But he knows i'm a NBA Live fan.

That's why i want to see someone showcase NBA Live 10 game play before it releases just like how those 2K guys have been showcasing the CPU players in 2K10 doing great stuff on their own not human controlled.

Every single video i see of Live is always some guy showing off his stick skills.....I'm not worried about what the human player can do that doesn't excite me. I want to see the CPU players use half of those moves in the game ON THEIR OWN.

I can't believe that as NBA fans there aren't that many guys who are concerened with how the CPU utilizes these ball handling skills or atack the rim moves. What good would it be if Chris Paul had 99 dribbling skills in the game but he doesn't show case those skills on his OWN.

I've yet to hear any one guy on the NBA Live boards say that is something they'd like to see in the game........instead i keep seeing guys post about what they did in the game or show a video of what they did with the new dribbling mechanics.

It feels like I'm on the moon by myself when it comes to wanting to see the CPU Players show case their skills individually like we see in these videos.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 09-30-2009 at 02:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »