Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-18-2009, 12:25 AM   #1257
MVP

OVR: 30
Just to point out to those not understanding why the ability to push up on defense is "inconsistent" - It all has to do with your pressure settings. If u leave it at game default, it's on Auto, which of course means that the CPU will choose the level of pressure as it see fit and on which player.
I set mine to Tight for everyone and I can always push up on D so that magic force field is no longer there.

That being said, I am getting more and more into the demo. I think the game could definitely use more animations in terms of some of the movement transitions but this still isn't the final product. Can't wait to see how it pans out.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:09 AM   #1258
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
I'm done with this demo until the full game is released I just can't stomach it anymore. I'm getting too frustrated playing it, I've concluded I plain suck at this game Lol.

I can't dribble anywhere without getting stripped, I can't make an open jumpshot for my life (I rarely get them anyway) and I'm terrible at finishing at the rim (Courtesy of "The Enforcers")

On Def I can't provide help D and I can't close out on shooters. I'm still going to give the full game a chance for some reason.

I see the potential in the game and I'm not going to give up on it until I've played the full version. I have this small glimmer of hope that something will click once I play the final version of the game.
....uuuuse thaaaaa pumpfaaaaake Luuuke....
Old 09-18-2009, 01:32 AM   #1259
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
lol

Old 09-18-2009, 01:57 AM   #1260
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Lol you can't deceive "The Enforcer" and his Speed Demons with such simple tactics that's just crazy talk.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:16 AM   #1261
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Obi sez: Don't play me like dat.

Seriously tho Jano...sounds like you gotta slow down a bit bro. The defense is really not that good, lol.

I do hate when they jump the nano second you hit the shoot button, and end up blocking it before you even get into the shooting animation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2009, 03:11 AM   #1262
Rookie

OVR: 2

I figure I might as well put in my two cents, given I've been lurking this forum for the better half of a month or so. I've been playing the demo pretty much non-stop the past week or so (Orlando mostly, just because I like jacking 3s), and for the most part it has been a positive experience. I won't regurgitate what has largely been said, but can state, above all the things I like about the player control, aesthetic etc... that the game is FUN, and this is an important point in evaluating any game I think. Nothing like chaining together a series of good offensive possessions to really get your rhythm going.

Having said that, and I hate to revert so quickly to the negative as the game really does deserve more praise than what I am giving it here, there are some key matters that are a concern/annoyance to me:

- The teammate AI kinda sucks. This is a pretty generic statement, but the fact of the matter is, so many of the points I give up are due to the fact that the AI gives little to no help in any aspects of closing out or rebounding (dudes just stand there while opponents come and pick the ball off the ground). The closing out one is particularly annoying just because I can play perfect defense on someone, but then they just pass the ball to a dude on the wing, who due to the AI's helpful hand, can pull up before I can switch to the other guy and meaningfully contest, resulting in a basket.

I'm only really annoyed with the rebounding as a byproduct of this shoddy AI defense - the mechanics behind it work reasonably well, as if I focus on rebounding with Dwight, I can box out/get into position and this is all quite seamless. However, this is usually a frivolous exercise, as the opponents rarely miss when I've left the defense to the AI.

- The aforementioned "everyone-standing-around" issue with loose balls lets down what would otherwise be a decent game mechanic.

- I can appreciate what EA has done with regards to inside dribbling, as this has often been the onus of past basketball titles. However, the current "insta-TO" situation is probably too severe, as I've gotten offensive rebounds where I land under the ring and then immediately turn it over without any chance to react.

But ultimately, it is perhaps most telling that I am still incredibly likely to purchase the game on Oct 6 DESPITE these flaws, and I think that speaks a lot about the quality of what is there.

Also, as an unrelated note, Carmelo in the hangar is prettttty slick. And I'm not even a fan of him in real life.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:03 AM   #1263
Banned

OVR: 12

I'm not really a guy who enjoys playing the cpu so the demo for me doesn't really tell the whole story...I'm a hardcore online head 2 head guy and based off of the demo I think thats where this game may shine. Playing other people online should be a great time with this game as I believe much more of the game will be opened up
Old 09-18-2009, 04:05 AM   #1264
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinkybon
- The teammate AI kinda sucks. This is a pretty generic statement, but the fact of the matter is, so many of the points I give up are due to the fact that the AI gives little to no help in any aspects of closing out or rebounding (dudes just stand there while opponents come and pick the ball off the ground). The closing out one is particularly annoying just because I can play perfect defense on someone, but then they just pass the ball to a dude on the wing, who due to the AI's helpful hand, can pull up before I can switch to the other guy and meaningfully contest, resulting in a basket.

I'm only really annoyed with the rebounding as a byproduct of this shoddy AI defense - the mechanics behind it work reasonably well, as if I focus on rebounding with Dwight, I can box out/get into position and this is all quite seamless. However, this is usually a frivolous exercise, as the opponents rarely miss when I've left the defense to the AI.

- The aforementioned "everyone-standing-around" issue with loose balls lets down what would otherwise be a decent game mechanic.
All of the above. There are situations where my teammates are watching the ball, and I just can't believe it. They seem completely unaware of the ball once it is loose.

Hopefully this, and some of the other things you have mentioned are fixed when the Synergy updates hit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »