Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #1225
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyo06
Does anyone know how to do the wrap around behind the back dribble?
You have to use an attack dribble by pressing up on the right stick and your player may do the move. As soon as you see it you have to branch out of it in order to get a drive to the basket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
WOW!!! This game is crazy.
I just manually split a double team with kobe then did his patented one hand 360. Best thing user controlled that I have done so far, it was nice.

For anyone wondering how I split the double team. I just pulled back on the stick then crossed right and I had a open lane to the basket.
I actually was able to pull one off but it was spoiled by "The Enforcer" who anticipated and timed his block. Didn't even get in a full 360 before he blocked it Lol.

And to Playmakers I know I can make slider adjustments but its not worth it for a demo. I'm just going to play as the Magic because I just have an easier time with them.

In the full game if I'm still having these problems then I'll think about making slider adjustments. I'm not going to torture myself w/ the Lakers anymore.

Last edited by Jano; 09-17-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #1226
Banned

OVR: 11

My issues w/ Live10:

1) way too many blocks/steals

2) cpu long range shooting is BS

3) Kobe constantly gets the ball stripped/poked away by Vince Carter everytime he tries to back him in or do a low-post move (alomost immediately too)

4) players movement still stiff and robotic

5) player's lighting and color is unrealistic (too saturated and 'cartoonish'). The courts and the areanas look beautiful though.

6) the new FT meter is way too easy.

7) ONE button for shooting/lay-ups/dunking is ridiculous

8) pressing the 'shoot' button near or around the lane causes the ball-controlled player to go into an automatic animation that lasts way too long

9) for all those ripping Playmakers.....he's right. Major revamping is needed via Sliders tweaking. Unfortunately I don't know how much of a difference this will make as it might be nothing more than just a 'placebo effect' as someone mentioned in another thread.

I was really looking forward to Live10 (based on Live09) and I came away extremely disappointed.....to the point that I deleted the demo from my 360 and will not be purchasing Live10 this year as my NBA game of choice.

For those who enjoy the demo, more power to you. Have fun.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #1227
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by left4dead
My issues w/ Live10:

1) way too many blocks/steals

2) cpu long range shooting is BS

3) Kobe constantly gets the ball stripped/poked away by Vince Carter everytime he tries to back him in or do a low-post move (alomost immediately too)

4) players movement still stiff and robotic

5) player's lighting and color is unrealistic (too saturated and 'cartoonish'). The courts and the areanas look beautiful though.

6) the new FT meter is way too easy.

7) ONE button for shooting/lay-ups/dunking is ridiculous

8) pressing the 'shoot' button near or around the lane causes the ball-controlled player to go into an automatic animation that lasts way too long

9) for all those ripping Playmakers.....he's right. Major revamping is needed via Sliders tweaking. Unfortunately I don't know how much of a difference this will make as it might be nothing more than just a 'placebo effect' as someone mentioned in another thread.

I was really looking forward to Live10 (based on Live09) and I came away extremely disappointed.....to the point that I deleted the demo from my 360 and will not be purchasing Live10 this year as my NBA game of choice.

For those who enjoy the demo, more power to you. Have fun.

1 it sounds like you are playing on rookie or pro and
2 it sounds like you came into the demo hating live already b/c none of that stuff happens to me. Kobe never gets ripped by vince when i have him or when im vc and the cpu has kobe.

you said player movement is still stiff and robotic. lmfaooooo

I can tell you are used to 2k's running around spinning crossover dribbles until you get to the basket for a dunk w/o losing the ball.

Like da czar said you have to play "basketball" not "video games" with live 10.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:30 AM   #1228
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

I had another couple games today when I should be studying and had some fun, but issues are still showing up all the time.

Firstly, as far as defense is concerned I am seeing some contesting of the ball handler up top which is good (I didn't remember it happening before) but it is only when the cpu does it automatically which is frustrating. Sometimes the player will actually body the ballhandler up and other times it's like he's not in the same arena. This really frustrates me on defense but not as much as the next issue.

It is the same animation everytime a player drives the lane! If there's no contact it's an easy layup or two handed dunk (for Kobe). If there is contact, the defender jumps up in the air with two hands straight up and the computer does the same double clutch animation and shoots the ball -- regardless if you are Kobe or Dwight Howard. Also, players seem to speed into a dunking or shooting animation and the ball seems to speed into the basket without touching the rim on floaters or hook shots. I still think the basketball and hoop interactions need work. "That other NBA Game" has different basketball and hoop animations down pat and it feels really dynamic at times with the ball hitting the rim a couple of times and then falling in. In NBA Live you have a couple of rim and ball interaction types but the majority of makes are nothing but net shots that seem to speed up into the hoop which is annoying me.

The post game is very Plain Jane right now and defense is vanilla (which I understand some of you like and feel strongly about, so that's just my opinion). I had a lot of fun with certain aspects of the demo... especially playing offense now that I am getting the hang of the arsenal available -- Kobe and Jameer a lot of fun to play with especially using the jab step an taking a step back J... The passing game also seems very clunky to use and this occasionally ruins my flow on offense.

I may seem overly negative but I figure if I put MY issues out there, Live can build up some common complaints from the community and see if they agree etc... The offensive game is near flawless except for the speeding up that occurs when you go in for offensive (and defensive) rebounds that I get and also maybe it's just not knowing the controls but like I said -- I wish passing was made a little bit easier because as it stands there is some considerable delay from selecting your passing target and actually releasing the ball to him.

NBA Live is a very good game, doing the main things right and I could see me buying it on ebay in a couple of months or so -- seriously though, if Defense was beefed up a bit more and the post game was made more unique and there were a lot more animations in several facets of the game -- I'd be buying this game on day one.

Last edited by EvanRG; 09-17-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:36 AM   #1229
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
I had another couple games today when I should be studying and had some fun, but issues are still showing up all the time.

Firstly, as far as defense is concerned I am seeing some contesting of the ball handler up top but it is only when the cpu does it automatically which is frustrating. Sometimes the player will actually body the ballhandler up and other times it's like he's not in the same arena. This really frustrates me on defense but not as much as the next issue.

It is the same animation everytime a player drives the lane! If there's no contact it's an easy layup or two handed dunk (for Kobe). If there is contact, the defender jumps up in the air with two hands straight up and the computer does the same double clutch animation and shoots the ball -- regardless if you are Kobe or Dwight Howard. Also, players seem to speed into a dunking or shooting animation and the ball seems to speed into the basket without touching the rim (ala NBA 09). I still think the basketball and hoop interactions need work. "That other NBA Game" has different basketball and hoop animations down pat and it feels really dynamic at times with the ball hitting the rim a couple of times and then falling in. In NBA Live you have a couple of rim and ball interaction types but the majority of makes are nothing but net shots that seem to speed up into the hoop which is annoying me.

The post game is very Plain Jane right now and defense is vanilla. I had a lot of fun with certain aspects of the demo... especially playing offense now that I am getting the hang of the arsenal available, but the passing game also seems very clunky to use and this really ruins my flow on offense.

NBA Live is a very good game and I could see me buying it on ebay in a couple of months or so -- seriously though, if Defense was beefed up a bit more and the post game was made more unique and there were a lot more animations in several facets of the game -- I'd be buying this game on day one.
You might need to play just a tad bit longer than. I've seen a lot of different contact animations. And you say if the defense was beefed up? What level are you playing on? Are you making any defensive adjustments?

To each his own though. Kudos to EAC
Old 09-17-2009, 11:49 AM   #1230
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Just finished up a first half and the Lakers went 3/12. Not sure how more beefed up it can get than that. And this is on Superstar. I'm seeing lots of new animations along with the subtle things as well.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:00 PM   #1231
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
You might need to play just a tad bit longer than. I've seen a lot of different contact animations. And you say if the defense was beefed up? What level are you playing on? Are you making any defensive adjustments?

To each his own though. Kudos to EAC
Thanks for the response. I'm playing on All-Star. When I get back on later I'll look for more contact animations but I'm talking about the "driving for layups and then meeting contact" animation that seems to be the same every time.

The defense is still good, don't get me wrong, but I do feel cheated on a lot of possessions when my player has his hands to his side and the opposing player speeds by him.

For me, the game is sooooo close.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2009, 12:06 PM   #1232
MVP

OVR: 34

So far, I find it excellent

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »