Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-17-2009, 01:50 AM   #1209
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Its dropping tomorrow on the PSN AUchase 360 owners got it a week early.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:04 AM   #1210
Rookie

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
yea it looks out of place and totally doesnt look right in the context of a in game situation.... IMO of course
I see...well, not a big deal for me...I think it should be available as a breakaway jam or something at least...

But I agree that's definitely not a realistic move to pull off in-traffic.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:17 AM   #1211
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

I have given up on playing as my lakers in the demo Lol.

On offense its just a nightmare every one of the Magic guards shuts my players down. Knocking balls loose and taking it coast to coast for some "awesome dunks." I can hardly get past these guys and when I do "The Enforcer" is waiting for me.

I literally give up on open drives to the basket when I see him around. If He even sniffs me coming in the in the paint he's either gettin a steal or blocking a shot its that simple.

And it doesn't even matter when he's matched up w/ a guard on the perimeter because as soon as I get by him he blocks me from behind. And if I try and kick out to the perimeter the guards are there to pick it off.

My post players don't fair any better because they can't get a shot over the top. If they beat him with a quick move he just blocks the shot from behind.

On defense it gets even worse because I get attacked from all sides now. Nelson and Lewis bomb 3's all day and I have no answer because my teammates never get out on them. Even when they do its to late the shot is already up.

Carter and Pietrus run the mid range game all day. They pop out from those screens and burn me all the time. When I stop them from hitting that they force the drive and 90% they get by me because "The Enforcer" is constantly setting moving screens.

Games where I address these guys is when "That Man" starts to eat up the boards. He gets so many dunks I don't even get angry any more I just accept I can't beat him.

Transition buckets are not even apart of my game because I can't get clean looks because of the speed demons. They become little enforcers waiting until the real one comes blazing down the court.

So thats my story I've just given up on playing w/ my favorite team. Maybe I'll see the "light" when I play the full game on the baseline cam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2009, 03:24 AM   #1212
Banned

OVR: 26

It seems that despite all the hype around "Hustle Plays," there's still a lot of lethargy on loose balls and such. It really takes me out of the game.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:47 AM   #1213
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
I have given up on playing as my lakers in the demo Lol.

On offense its just a nightmare every one of the Magic guards shuts my players down. Knocking balls loose and taking it coast to coast for some "awesome dunks." I can hardly get past these guys and when I do "The Enforcer" is waiting for me.

I literally give up on open drives to the basket when I see him around. If He even sniffs me coming in the in the paint he's either gettin a steal or blocking a shot its that simple.

And it doesn't even matter when he's matched up w/ a guard on the perimeter because as soon as I get by him he blocks me from behind. And if I try and kick out to the perimeter the guards are there to pick it off.

My post players don't fair any better because they can't get a shot over the top. If they beat him with a quick move he just blocks the shot from behind.

On defense it gets even worse because I get attacked from all sides now. Nelson and Lewis bomb 3's all day and I have no answer because my teammates never get out on them. Even when they do its to late the shot is already up.

Carter and Pietrus run the mid range game all day. They pop out from those screens and burn me all the time. When I stop them from hitting that they force the drive and 90% they get by me because "The Enforcer" is constantly setting moving screens.

Games where I address these guys is when "That Man" starts to eat up the boards. He gets so many dunks I don't even get angry any more I just accept I can't beat him.

Transition buckets are not even apart of my game because I can't get clean looks because of the speed demons. They become little enforcers waiting until the real one comes blazing down the court.

So thats my story I've just given up on playing w/ my favorite team. Maybe I'll see the "light" when I play the full game on the baseline cam.
WOW!

At first i thought you were joking. Based on your post Jano why don't you lower the CPU's shot block slider for dunks and layups.

Why do you guys play the game and just let it happen without making any changes?

IF they are knocking down 3's there is long range shooting slider you can reduce for the CPU.

If your guys are not playing any defense increase the Help Side defense slider there is no other way to get them to rotate this year because that's the only slider that controls your guys. The on Ball Physical defense slider is no longer around now so you have to increase your players defense with that other slider i mentioned.

If your getting killed on the glass how about increasing the Defensive rebounding slider.

Not trying to be a jerk but why do you guys allow yourself to play the game see the issues and still not ADJUST anything?

I understand you want to play the game the way it is released but some of this stuff whether people want to admit it or not won't be corrected unless you adjust it to your gameplay preferance. Why keep playing and after 10 games the CPU is shooting 55-60% from 3-Pt land or blocking 6-8 shots a game on 4 minute qtr's

That doesn't make much sense to me at all. If you want to play the demo and have fun while playing it who made up RULES that you can't change a damn thing?

I've read like 50 post where people have issues with the CPU stripping them of the ball inside. HELLO there is a hands in the post slider you can JACK UP way high to help you out or lower the CPU's ability to strip the ball another slider in the game.

Or Play it head to Head which is IMO the best way to go based on the demo.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 09-17-2009 at 03:56 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:09 AM   #1214
ronim0us

OVR:

Cant wait for the demo tonight for Ps3!

Old 09-17-2009, 04:14 AM   #1215
ronim0us

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
It'll be gone soon.
I hope u replace it with a NEW ONE though..

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2009, 04:15 AM   #1216
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronim0us
Cant wait for the demo tonight for Ps3!
Any updates on what time it drops?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »