Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2009, 09:03 PM   #1185
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
Completely agree. Best momentum based shooting I've seen in a video game. It could be better (I don't like the auto-step back. It's slow and predictable) but what is there, is really good.

I hear ya Tomba... Me, you, Playmakers... lots of old school Live guys that can recognize the game for what it is.

There are certainly some great play mechanics here... but to me it's just evident they ran out of time. Shame too, because I haven't even touched the game but all things you can still do with defense and the post... can't wait 'til next year.
I just never felt that NBA Live got to a point of optimization on next gen so far. However madden 10 was able to do it with what was primary the same engine from last year they just added animations...tons of animations, I'm wondering IF NBA Live 11 would be able to since 10 cleary doesn't have the necessary "random/naunced" animations that have been suggested time and time again by us and still gone missing when the next iteration comes out. kinda frustrating but so was madden for the first 3 years so
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 09:43 PM   #1186
Rookie

BBallGuru's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiffyjustus
But playing as a big jostling for good position (as well as being there for help D) is a nice little minigame. Do you help on a driving VC, leaving Dwight wide open for a put back? Or just try and keep Dwight off the boards? Pick your poison.
I love this, too! Very realistic... gone are the days of helping out and altering a shot, while at the same time being able to secure the defensive rebound on the other side of the basket.

Rebounding is one of the best aspects of the game, in my opinion, although it seems like many are having trouble with the box-out controls.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:45 PM   #1187
Rookie

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallGuru
I love this, too! Very realistic... gone are the days of helping out and altering a shot, while at the same time being able to secure the defensive rebound on the other side of the basket.

Rebounding is one of the best aspects of the game, in my opinion, although it seems like many are having trouble with the box-out controls.
Finally found some of you who actually think rebounding in Live 10 is a strong aspect of the game.

As Wiffyjustus already stated, positioning is key. You won't be able to be playing the ball handler at the perimeter and hurry to switch to a big man to try and secure a rebound after a shot goes up.

You gotta put your mind to it and decide that you'll try to affect the outcome of the game by cleaning the glass. It's just an outstanding feeling to go up and secure a board with Gasol and Howard (and Odom as well). So rewarding.

I feel the same way about blocking shots, another aspect of the game that has received some criticism.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:48 PM   #1188
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY1183
Sorry for the double post, but someone mentioned the little nuances like Kobe's hitch in his release.... really sweet stuff. Also, you notice how when you stand idly with no dribble, with most players they just kinda stand there with it, but peep how Kobe kinda twitches and does little subtle movements with the ball at his waist, as if he's really eyeing down the lane, and tryna "look" his defender into the wrong direction.

Meaningless detail to some I know, but I LOVE that stuff, and for me personally it more than makes up for the flaws which are minor in relation to what they got right this year.

My bro just asked a good question.... "I know I say this every year, but how are they possibly gonna improve THESE graphics next year???"
Actually, looking at some of the player models (Derek Fisher a perfect example), compared to 2k, it actually has some room for improvement. A lot of the guys Live absolutely nailed, but I feel like Fisher looks better in 2k9 than he does in Live right now.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-16-2009, 10:56 PM   #1189
Banned

OVR: 26

Is your brother kidding? The player models could DEFINITELY use improvement, mostly with facial likenesses. Few of the players actually look like themselves.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:56 PM   #1190
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
One thing I will say that impressed me was that the AI can be "fooled" by screens. I remember using Kobe, calling for a Gasol screen and telling him to stay there, jabbed right (towards the screen) and drove left, and VC ran straight into the pick while I went the opposite way.

Very nice, subtle detail.
Wow, really? I've actually ben trying to do that, but haven't succeeded so far. It's nice to know that it's possible though.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Old 09-16-2009, 11:06 PM   #1191
Rookie

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Is your brother kidding? The player models could DEFINITELY use improvement, mostly with facial likenesses. Few of the players actually look like themselves.
I think not just the player models, but the overall visuals in Live are superior than 2K's as well.

Wich is not the same thing as saying the whole game is better...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 11:08 PM   #1192
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
Wow, really? I've actually ben trying to do that, but haven't succeeded so far. It's nice to know that it's possible though.
That was in the game last year

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »