Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-16-2009, 03:36 AM   #1153
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
they definately are different because if you get a player out in front on the break who has decent speed he will get to the rim more often than not untouched while a slower player will get his shot swatted
It's built up speed....the rating effects how quick a guy can get to maximum speed running forward.

That's different from quickness especially on defense. For example in Football the term could be used to describe a guy with a quick release or in basketball you'll have the same term quick release on the shot.

I've never heard anyone say he throws with a fast release or shoots with a fast release.

I would associate quickness with agility not with straight away speed. Speed is like going from one end of the court to the other and that's how interpret NBA Live's speed rating. Look at it your self and see what the definition says under the rating.

It mentions nothing about quickness

Warren Sapp wasn't a fast football player but he had quickness in short area to disrupt plays and beat a guy off the snap.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 09-16-2009 at 03:39 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:48 AM   #1154
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
quickness and speed go hand in hand my friend...don't hate
LOL, no they do NOT

Old 09-16-2009, 04:11 AM   #1155
Banned

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
It's built up speed....the rating effects how quick a guy can get to maximum speed running forward.

That's different from quickness especially on defense. For example in Football the term could be used to describe a guy with a quick release or in basketball you'll have the same term quick release on the shot.

I've never heard anyone say he throws with a fast release or shoots with a fast release.

I would associate quickness with agility not with straight away speed. Speed is like going from one end of the court to the other and that's how interpret NBA Live's speed rating. Look at it your self and see what the definition says under the rating.

It mentions nothing about quickness

Warren Sapp wasn't a fast football player but he had quickness in short area to disrupt plays and beat a guy off the snap.
I would think a quickness a first step rating would be in the Final build since the 09 and 10 versions had those ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2009, 04:12 AM   #1156
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
LOL, no they do NOT

I know when I saw that I was like wtf

It makes me wonder why every single game I've played for sports seem to have seperate ratings for both.

So someone is LYING.....(lol)

But every single EA Game and 2K game I've seen has the two seperated until this year in Live 10.

But who knows maybe EA did link Speed and Quickness together which means since D.Howard has 59 speed which is viewable under ratings should we then assume he has only 59 quickness since that rating isn't reflected at all ....................

Now when I look at his agility it is at 80

So for those who think the quickness is tied into the speed ask yourself which rating mostly resembles Howard's quickness 59 or 80?

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-16-2009, 08:35 AM   #1157
MVP

donkey33's Arena

OVR: 10

Is it possible the apparent missing ratings are tied in through synergy? I know it was said that some ratings are done away with because synergy is now feeding in more so.

I don't know if that's something synergy captures but that could be a possibility I suppose. Doesn't seem right to just do away with the rating.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:34 AM   #1158
Pro

OVR: 7

just played the demo for the first time and have impressions (played on all-star)

with live 09 i played the demo, liked shooting arround better than actually playign a game, the gameplay was just off and really it wasn;t great.

this year everything is improved, it is really brilliantly done. the AI is INSANE. seriously, this is coming from someone who always thought 2k AIs wasn't as aggressive as id like, everything from off-ball movement, to AI decisions and the fights for the rebounds and steals are done brilliant.

there is so much control, i haven't even got used to the pick+ roll stuff, haven't used the freestyle passing and neither have i even properly executed a play, this is all stuff ill learn when i get the full game. i have never owned a live game before in my life so the transition will be a bit tough, but also very exciting. (only got into nba short while ago, and have owned all the 2k's since 2k5)

really im impressed they did this in just a year. i mean while there is still that slight odd live 09 feeling, the game on its base level is now extremely good, everything looks, feels and plays right.

i just wish instant replay was enabled for the demo, there were so many plays, both for and against that i desperately wanted to see again.

my only other concern is all this control will be very hard to get a hold of. when i try and take on my man with dribble moves i really have no idea of what im doing, this is made worse because im going up against defensive powerhouse in kobe, pietrus, artest etc. and the freestyle passing only really is used at its best when you are causing trouble off the dribble so hence these features will be hard to use in terms of the demo, but shoudl come alive once i get time with them in the full game.

i cant wait really, add in all the amazing modes and im more than sold.

Last edited by idrisguitar; 09-16-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #1159
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
Love the demo, but theres just to many dunks.
Play on All-Star or Superstar man.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #1160
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey33
Is it possible the apparent missing ratings are tied in through synergy? I know it was said that some ratings are done away with because synergy is now feeding in more so.

I don't know if that's something synergy captures but that could be a possibility I suppose. Doesn't seem right to just do away with the rating.
I don't think synergy controls helpside defense or player awareness in anyway.

That is something the game developer would have to rate themselves and install it to the game.

There is a helpside defense slider but there is no actual rating for any player this year based on the demo ratings i saw.

Right now it seems like to me the level you play on and the slider is the only thing that effects helpside defense which is wrong because that should be determined by the players themselves and the slider should be used to edit the games helpside defense.

There is one defensive rating i found which is on ball defense but that strictly states as in every year the ability to defend the ball not play helpside defense or zone defense. Every player should have his own awareness in zone and helpside.

Ron Artest is a like 84 in ON Ball defense but we have no idea what his rating or any of his teammates ratings are in providing help defense. But i do know on each level it appears they get a boost up in that area or you can control it with the slider but it doesn't say Dirk Nowitzki will be less effective than Tim Duncan in helpside defense because there is no rating to determine that aspect.

I guess Super star would be the way to go if you want the best defense but that's only because of the level and not the actual playrer ability unless they hid the rating and coded it in without being viewable to the user. Even then that wouldn't make much sense to me at all if you'd like to know what your players are good at and not good at on defense.

I wish there was a way to petition for a patch to include and offensive awareness and defensive awareness slider which has been not existent forever in live.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »