Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-15-2009, 01:15 AM   #1081
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

fifa NHl and now madden have made the jump to next gen flawlessly so much so that we forget the last gen with the 09 10 versions of each. NBA live I feel hasn't fully yet even after saying last year that 10 would be the year for nba live.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 01:16 AM   #1082
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadskee
Sometimes I hate where my player passes it when I'm passing normally. I didn't really have that problem in 2k. I've wanted to scream a few times lol.
Yep this type of stuff happens to me all the time and I'm yelling at the TV every time.

This is one of those games where I value every position so when stupid stuff happens it really pisses me off.

The full game is going to be fun because I'll get to play in those high pressure 4th quarters where mistakes can cost you a game.

Luckily I won't have to play on this cam that is full of blind spots Lol.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:23 AM   #1083
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Ok, I've been playing this game non-stop for the last couple of days and I must say this game is straight up CRACK!!!!!! And I'm addicted. I've never in my life played a demo as much has I have this one and I can only imagine what it will be like with the retail version.

I had been playing on all-star but recently bumped it up to superstar and I must say it didn't get worse it only got better. I absolutely love the broken plays, the hustle plays, some of the blocked shots are a little out of place but some are really amazing. One thing I've notice is you HAVE to TIME the shot if you want to block, if you don't time it you won't block it. I notice on superstar that not only did the CPU players get better but the CPU players on my team also became more aware as they looked to play the passing lanes, D.Howard throwing shots off the backboard and such.

I have not seen the CPU catch up logic on fastbreaks, if I get a loose ball and I'm off to the racing no one will catch me unless they have good speed and some will be able to get back to effect the shot but it's true to life. One thing I have noticed though is on fastbreaks if I hit Micheal P on the wing and Artest is guarding him, he's able to go right by him EVERYTIME for either a layup or a dunk (this is on fastbreaks only). Not sure what that is about.

Of course theirs somethings that could be better or needs improvement. Like I said before, I like the rebounding but it could use some improvements as well. I like fighting through screens, and if your playing off ball D you have to pay attention to the man your guarding. I've saw some nasty dunks as well, all contextual to the situation.

Like I said before, just an overall fundamentally sound basketball game. And also like someone said prior, this is like a chess match, it's strategy involved in it, haven't played user vs user yet but can't wait to see how it plays out. Hoping theirs differences between poor defensive teams and good defensive teams such as the Lakers (which is where chess matches really come into play). Atmosphere is on point. Cant wait to see how a regular season game is and the differences in arenas.

Oct 6, Oct 6 where are you???
Old 09-15-2009, 01:27 AM   #1084
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by arden_05
This demo has really surprised me thus far It's leaps an bounds better than Live 09. Here are my quick observations about the demo.

THE BAD:

1) This game needs a faceup (on defense)/backdown (on offense) button. THIS IS NECESSARY! Without these features I don't feel like I'm really playing defense (feels like I'm floating around) and its seriously taking away from the offensive low post experience as well.

THE GOOD:

1) Gameplay is much more realistic, and feels more like a basketball sim! Added animations, dribble moves and passing are amazing and feels "right".

2) Players play like their real life counterparts, Kobe is an assassin! I was up 1 before the half, 10 seconds left and Kobe gets the ball at half court breaks me down (with dribble) to get room for a jumper does this nasty faded away with Vince Carter (me) with Pietrus (cpu) coming over to double team we both contest the shot and it was nothing but net! Straight sick, felt a squeamish feeling in my stomach, as it was my 10th loss in a row on all-star

3) Players actually look and move like human beings as the physics and player models are much improved.

4) Brighter colors and and overall detail really make it enjoyable to play.

What Needs to be Added:

1) More player interactions between teammates on the court. More celebrations after a big shot to end the half. What about players chest bumping, or high fiving more after big shots to end the half or quarter? "Liven" the game up more, pun intended.

2) Hopefully the devs add great buzzer beater team celebrations and cutscenes to make game winners more satisfying and rewarding (see Lebron's buzzer beater shot against the Magic in last years playoffs).

3) If not present mascots, dancers/cheerleaders etc. The sounds and osphere is improved, but take it to the next level. Make the game an experience every game, on the court and court side.

Loving it so far, might have to make a switch this year as am really impressed so far with the improvements, the game is actually fun
Arden theirs high fives and chest bumps after big shots and and 1's. You just don't see them after every shot which is excellent to me because it doesn't make things redundant, leaving you the ability to see these subtle things months after the games release a la nfl2k5/all pro. And if you look in the background in the hangar you can see a celebration by I believe it's Durant (could be wrong) and another teammate after he hits a shot. They do the little low five and salute.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:47 AM   #1085
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Yeah bls it was Durant, he hit a game winner there. The celebration was cool to see I hope they have plenty of those for those type of moments. Really adds to the authenticity of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 02:04 AM   #1086
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

I also for to mention I love how when you drive to the basket, the defender that closes to the person your driving with will collapse to try to help and stop the drive giving you the ability to drive and kick for some nice mid range and 3pt shots. And on superstar nothing in the paint comes easy not even the drives to the basket.

Every single game feels different and the outcome is different. Some games the intensity will be there and I'll see a lot of hustle plays, offensive put backs, others are defensive games, others the Lake show won't be able to buy a basket. Others will be foul calls. Players driving and the defender getting knock down with a no call. Some and 1 no calls. Getting pushed out of bounds and it can go either way. illegal screens. I mean it's all there (although I have yet to see an over the back call). But I could go on and on. The off ball movements are phenomenal!!!!! Brings the game to life.

Live 10 hasn't even dropped yet and Live 11 is looking scary!!!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 02:52 AM   #1087
Rookie

It's interesting to see people posting that there's a lack of animations, I saw Tomba post a while ago where he cited a lack of animations...

I def respect everyone's opinion, and he may be right too as far as EA's focus on overhauling this year. But I feel exactly opposite. I've been playing 2K9 again just to get a better reference, and comparatively I think for the first time Live competes with 2K in terms of overall smoothness. 2K is second to none in this area though, it seems they have about 3,4 animations for every possible scenario, it's crazy, gotta respect em.

I just hope that in the race to add animations and catch up to 2K, that EA doesn't ruin this great control they've given us. I love being able to do EXACTLY what I want to do, go exactly the distance I want to, and be able to replicate it over and over again when shooting, playing D, just general movement.

I feel like for Live 11 this is where EA can go wrong next year, tryna follow 2K to animation oblivion lol. I think the benchmark for any new animation should be "Does this take control from the player?" "Is it possible this could be frustrating and annoying to watch play out?"

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Old 09-15-2009, 02:55 AM   #1088
Banned

OVR: 22
The only problem i have is with the rebounding i think they should make to where if you hold y when the shot goes up it should keep you grounded while you search for the guy closest to to you to box out, and even if you don't releasing y should still make you jump. there are instances when you are close to someone and you hold y but the guy just jumps. i don't know, or move the box out button to something else so that you can hold it while looking for a guy to box out, but even so it's still not completely broken as it does seem to work more often than not at least for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »