Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-15-2009, 12:04 AM   #1073
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

i like that too
Old 09-15-2009, 12:08 AM   #1074
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY1183
I completely agree. I love 2K, still think they'll most likely pull out the chip this year, but you can't make that argument exclusive to Live. In 2K I can spin spin spin, crossover, spin stutter step stutter step and do all kinds of reckless s*** and do it IN TRAFFIC without consequence. BOTH games give you the ability to do highlight reel stuff on every possession, but it would be a prob if it REWARDED you for doing it. And Live doesn't particularly reward flashy play at all. As I said in my impressions, I been having the best time playing this with my bro all day, and tho we kinda solid with the controls, we both rarely utilize the fades, crosses and stepbacks all the time, only when appropriate. Most of the time we're running plays and moving the ball, dribbling only when there's an opening or Iso opportunity/mismatch. Live actually punishes you for being too flashy WAY more than 2K9 does.

You know what's funny? When the Combine came out, I posted in the Impressions thread, shared my impressions, commented back and forth with others. But then when I no longer had impressions on it/stopped playing, I left, and haven't posted there since. The lamest thing to me is someone sticking around in a thread just to tell people who like something that it isn't good, because THEY don't like it or something about it. SMH x1,000,000. I mean, what's the point? Spend time doing things you like, playing games YOU like, NOT trying to dampen someone's enjoyment ("someone you don't even know, never even met" -Hov on Lucky Me, Vol.1 LOL). Share your impressions constructively, but if not, LEAVE.

Ya'll lucky I ain't a mod, trust me.
HAHA.. I hear you. Go to pastapadre site, it's being run over by those type of people (typically 2k fans) I mean it's out of control there. This is one of the more respectful communities and no doubt why you see the EA guys here and not there.

I just can't say enough good things about this "DEMO" and it's scary to think this is just the demo as flawed version of what well get. So to be fair I won't compare it to 2K9, just wouldn't be right.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:35 AM   #1075
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Its best if you lower it by about 4 clicks or less though

It tempers down some of the animations and makes them feel even smoother
I like the speed down a few clicks myself. Like you said feels just a little smoother. Not that it was rough before.

Man this thread has got crazy big.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 12:38 AM   #1076
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Here are my impressions of the "demo"

Bullet points
Graphically this is one nice looking game. Player models GREATLY improved. has a nba live 06 vibe though
Does not flow so smooth meaning animations tend to snap-into place when you pass the ball.again has a nba live 06 feel to it.

though it's a demo. the sliders do not "click' rather slide over on to each other causing two clicks in one.

Seems like the main focus was trying to re write the game rather than optimize thus meaning some movement/animations repeat too often and for the first time. After playing madden 10 and relishing in it's pro tak system of varied animations is feels very limited here, due in part "maybe' because of this "new' approach.

Shots look and feel great. ball physics ARE improved if not more organic.
Dribbling feels and looks VERY good.

Game def. plays more sim yet feels very "safe/basic' though it makes for more strategy around the basket and farther from it for set-plays it just doesn't have the potential of having that 'real anywhere style of basketball" that can happen in real life situations because from what i've played the animations are just not there.

These are "demo" concerns though....
I co-sign everything you said. The game IS missing some key elements, but in all actuality it doesnt take away from the over all experience. I actually think that Live 11 will probably be revolutionary.....and I feel the same about Madden 11. EA has taken a much needed and long overdue new approach to programing their games and I'm liking the amount of effort their putting into their work. This game has enough things that are good about it to make it worth your while, and to me it's the steping stone toward that greatness we all be searching for in a basketball sim. It's definately a breath of fresh air and well worth a purchase.

Last edited by pepp32; 09-15-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:45 AM   #1077
Rookie

OVR: 3

This demo has really surprised me thus far It's leaps an bounds better than Live 09. Here are my quick observations about the demo.

THE BAD:

1) This game needs a faceup (on defense)/backdown (on offense) button. THIS IS NECESSARY! Without these features I don't feel like I'm really playing defense (feels like I'm floating around) and its seriously taking away from the offensive low post experience as well.

THE GOOD:

1) Gameplay is much more realistic, and feels more like a basketball sim! Added animations, dribble moves and passing are amazing and feels "right".

2) Players play like their real life counterparts, Kobe is an assassin! I was up 1 before the half, 10 seconds left and Kobe gets the ball at half court breaks me down (with dribble) to get room for a jumper does this nasty faded away with Vince Carter (me) with Pietrus (cpu) coming over to double team we both contest the shot and it was nothing but net! Straight sick, felt a squeamish feeling in my stomach, as it was my 10th loss in a row on all-star

3) Players actually look and move like human beings as the physics and player models are much improved.

4) Brighter colors and and overall detail really make it enjoyable to play.

What Needs to be Added:

1) More player interactions between teammates on the court. More celebrations after a big shot to end the half. What about players chest bumping, or high fiving more after big shots to end the half or quarter? "Liven" the game up more, pun intended.

2) Hopefully the devs add great buzzer beater team celebrations and cutscenes to make game winners more satisfying and rewarding (see Lebron's buzzer beater shot against the Magic in last years playoffs).

3) If not present mascots, dancers/cheerleaders etc. The sounds and atmosphere is improved, but take it to the next level. Make the game an experience every game, on the court and court side.

Loving it so far, might have to make a switch this year as am really impressed so far with the improvements, the game is actually fun
Old 09-15-2009, 12:51 AM   #1078
MVP

OVR: 11

Sometimes I hate where my player passes it when I'm passing normally. I didn't really have that problem in 2k. I've wanted to scream a few times lol.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:56 AM   #1079
Rookie

OVR: 7

Arden I've seen all types of celebrations after an and-1 that were never in a Live game before. Chest bumping, different types of dapp....great stuff....you just have to make certain plays and you'll see some of it...but I was definately shocked to see some of them actually made it in the game and was very impressed to say the least.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:04 AM   #1080
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepp32
Arden I've seen all types of celebrations after an and-1 that were never in a Live game before. Chest bumping, different types of dapp....great stuff....you just have to make certain plays and you'll see some of it...but I was definately shocked to see some of them actually made it in the game and was very impressed to say the least.
Really? Guess I have to keep playing then. I can't wait to get my hands on the full version. I haven't been this excited for an NBA Live game since Live '03 when they implemented the freestyle dribble

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »