Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2009, 11:45 PM   #1065
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

yeah the net looks alot better........before it looked like they were shooting into a wooden basket lol i still see it sometimes this year not nearly as mch as last year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 11:46 PM   #1066
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
EA doesn't need to "realize" anything my man.

The player models discussion is an opinion. For everyone who says they don't like our player models, you get a ton of guys who do.
The player models are fine and a major upgrade from 09. There will always be room for improvement but shouldn't that always be the case.

Killer job this year!
Old 09-14-2009, 11:47 PM   #1067
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
I see a lot more of this then actual successful attempts.

in about 40 games i have only completed 2 alley oops
Old 09-14-2009, 11:52 PM   #1068
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyboy09
I have a question for mike or steph...

Is there anyway you could add this in a patch...

When we get the ball in the post could we be able to raise the ball in the air like above our head or at least arms stretched out at face level. cause i feel there are way to many steals and turnovers in the paint.

I know the right stick has moves on it but i don't think pressing up on the right stick does anything and that would be the perfect spot to add it in. Pressing up on the right stick will raise the ball away from smaller guards who want to try for the steal and would make it easier for the big to pass out when the double comes.

if anybody else thinks this is a good idea let me know or if you don't think its a good idea let me know anyway.
I have a solution for ur, and everyone else's stealing problem. When ever u see the that the defender and ur player are about to go into a collision, pull back on the anolog and reset. Stop trying to force it in. It's common sense, this is what happens in real life. The reason why EA did this is obviously to minimize scoring in the paint and scoring in general. I actually feel like this is one of the best things EA added to this years game.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #1069
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyo06
in about 40 games i have only completed 2 alley oops
Thats good to hear. I like how the above poster said he see's the players catching and gathering more than actual alley oop attempts.

Thanks for the info guys.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #1070
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkpimp007
The graphics and player models will always be up for debate, it's an artistic interpretation of real life by BOTH games so it will always be a matter of taste.

As for flashy moves happening only 4-7 times in a real game is a bit odd to compare to virtual basketball don't you think? The point is you don't have to be flash in the game if you choose to play the game with a more realistic mindset, this is how i choose to play. The nice thing about the game is the choice is yours and your failure and success will very based on how you CHOOSE to play. Don't hate the game hate the player. So would you have EA strip the game of these abilities in order to give you the 4-7 highlights [those numbers very anyway and i don't know where you are pulling them from], If that was some how possible i could guarantee you that you'd be complaining how limited the game was.
I completely agree. I love 2K, still think they'll most likely pull out the chip this year, but you can't make that argument exclusive to Live. In 2K I can spin spin spin, crossover, spin stutter step stutter step and do all kinds of reckless s*** and do it IN TRAFFIC without consequence. BOTH games give you the ability to do highlight reel stuff on every possession, but it would be a prob if it REWARDED you for doing it. And Live doesn't particularly reward flashy play at all. As I said in my impressions, I been having the best time playing this with my bro all day, and tho we kinda solid with the controls, we both rarely utilize the fades, crosses and stepbacks all the time, only when appropriate. Most of the time we're running plays and moving the ball, dribbling only when there's an opening or Iso opportunity/mismatch. Live actually punishes you for being too flashy WAY more than 2K9 does.

You know what's funny? When the Combine came out, I posted in the Impressions thread, shared my impressions, commented back and forth with others. But then when I no longer had impressions on it/stopped playing, I left, and haven't posted there since. The lamest thing to me is someone sticking around in a thread just to tell people who like something that it isn't good, because THEY don't like it or something about it. SMH x1,000,000. I mean, what's the point? Spend time doing things you like, playing games YOU like, NOT trying to dampen someone's enjoyment ("someone you don't even know, never even met" -Hov on Lucky Me, Vol.1 LOL). Share your impressions constructively, but if not, LEAVE.

Ya'll lucky I ain't a mod, trust me.

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Old 09-15-2009, 12:00 AM   #1071
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLIDAY1183
Just cuz I noticed some of ya'll saying your defenders are jumping wrong at shots. Just know that animations aren't gon kick in and make plays for you here, but the control is there for you to make the plays if you think like an athlete.
I actually like this, because two players can be in the middle of a collision animation and then you can come over with another player and swat the ball out. So there's no need for an animation to get some blocks, even though it might not look as pretty, it gets the job done.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2009, 12:01 AM   #1072
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Cosign Holliday

To the poster who asked about alley oops, I'm 0-2 doing them. 1 bad pass and 1 gather/shot that was blocked.

This is in about 20 games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »