Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2009, 10:06 PM   #1041
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

'kay, whatever y'all say...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 10:07 PM   #1042
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
you are lightly walking the trolling line...Thats just my opinion tho...You seem to want to engage people into soliciting your continuing complaints...If you don't care for the game why spend so much time continually looking to criticize???...just weird to me...Now back to the demo

Play calling: Specifically Post Up
One issue I've routinely seen when using the Lakers is when you call "Gasol Post Up" play Bynum occupies the same space..Its a weird quirk that really needs to be fixed. I have not seen if it happens with the Magic but I will try to run the same play to see if its a continuing problem

Transition Defense
very suspect...sometimes my PG ends up on the SF or somewhere that creates a very bad match up...I'd like to have more control over my PG after a made shot...I'd like to see him stay close to the opposing PG...A switch should only occur when I get picked not after a routine made basket

Hustle Plays
Sometimes they are a lil late on the Hustle...The ball will be going out and at times they still stand there and watch the ball. I'd like to see a lil better rreaction to hustle situations.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:17 PM   #1043
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

This is an impressions thread, so stick with the impressions
Old 09-14-2009, 10:19 PM   #1044
MVP

phant030's Arena

OVR: 14

Aye, u don't have to justify your comments. I hate when ppl say they like the demo. But, im not hyping this game up. Blah. You like it. Say you like it. If you think Live is Back...then hell, to you it is, so say it is. At that point, no one elses impressions/thoughts even matters because they can't hamper your enjoyment nor purchase.

Basketball wins here. . I've had most success when I've simply played good basketball.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:20 PM   #1045
Rookie

OVR: 8

Someone else mentioned that the players don't seem to care whatsoever when the ball gets loose sometimes. For ex, when posting with Dwight, the ball might get knocked loose and no one on the Magic even rush toward it, they all just stand up and casually walk toward it, meanwhile the Lakers are bumrushing the ball. This often results in turnovers and easy layups for the D. I can see this being REALLY ANNOYING in late game situations and cost you the game.

I really hope Mike & Co see this complaint, and investigate it to get rid of it in the retail. We gotta keep bumping this, cuz tho it's doesn't happen too much, it's glaring and really frustrates you and pulls you out of the experience

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 10:23 PM   #1046
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
No, they don't... they don't have the "drive straight to the basket, stop and fade" move.

Which somebody who was trolling me earlier implied very few players do, when that's actually how MOST players fade away outside of doing so in the post.
Remember momentum play a big part in jump shooting this year. Let of the left stick, make sure momentum isn't pulling you in any direction, pull away from the basket and shoot.
Your not gonna run full speed towards the basket then shoot a fade. And most of the shot's I seen in that video you posted were his two step fade aways and post turn arounds. Which are all in the game and look perfect IMO.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Old 09-14-2009, 10:26 PM   #1047
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
Remember momentum play a big part in jump shooting this year. Let of the left stick, make sure momentum isn't pulling you in any direction, pull away from the basket and shoot.
Your not gonna run full speed towards the basket then shoot a fade. And most of the shot's I seen in that video you posted were his two step fade aways and post turn arounds. Which are all in the game and look perfect IMO.
Why do I have to do a step back if I'm going straight to the basket and then fading away?

lol, it's like people don't even read what I say...
Old 09-14-2009, 10:35 PM   #1048
Rookie

OVR: 8

Another tip I wanted to share, in case someone is having issues with this:

When contesting shots, you really have to wait until the player is in the air releasing it, and go for the ball. Hard to explain, but in the paint, when someone throws up a shot, wait, and then go up for the block at the height of the ball, not necessarily right when the offensive player starts to gather and shoot. I've been playing, and noticed that sometimes my defender (Dwight or Bynum) won't even appear to contest in the right direction, but I learned that when I would wait and go for the ball, NOT the player as soon as he's gathering, then I've seen some SWEET block animations and pins against the glass, and my player ALWAYS goes for the ball now that I adapted.

Just like real basketball, so again, play basketball, not videogame bball. (I played college ball with an aggressive C who always picked up two quick personals b/c he's always go for the player, not the ball at it's apex, so remembering coach cursing at him after his 2nd quick foul as he sat down helped me with this LOL)

Just cuz I noticed some of ya'll saying your defenders are jumping wrong at shots. Just know that animations aren't gon kick in and make plays for you here, but the control is there for you to make the plays if you think like an athlete.

WAITING FOR:
Fallout 4

Wife: "Of course he's going out to get his 2K game at 12am, like he can't wait til tomorrow."
Wife's mom: "Be grateful that's what he's running out at midnight for."

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »