Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-14-2009, 12:33 AM   #921
Rookie

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
In the elbow area, ft line area, and on the baseline, it happens maybe not that often but its more of a thing of position rather than just willy nilly posting guys up near the 3pt line or whatever. That wasnt my thoughts and I'd think that to be quite silly.

Vince posts up at the ft line and launches his patented high arc hangtime fadeaway. Those are the kinds of shots im talking about.

That said im not sure or not there will be a happy medium for guys but there is never anything wrong with having options. Hopefully we figure this thing out together by the time retail ships
The best thing about a post up mechanic in the perimeter is the premisse to shield the ball from the defender.

Sometimes I miss that while selecting the plays from the quick playcalling menu. Your player gets a bit vulnerable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 12:44 AM   #922
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by annihilating247
This game is overated I'd give this game a 6.5/10. 2k6 is light years ahead of this game. Live is not competing with 2k this year but hopefully next year it will. I just want answers to these questions. I want to know :
1)Why can set up for a charge if u can't draw charges in the game when in the paint? If the user was able to draw charges that would be a huge help on the defensive end.
2)Why the rebounding, blocking, stealing(interception and off the dribble) controls are so unresponsive?
3)Why i can't do a manual dive for a loose ball?
4)Why when on defense does my player jump by himself when a player is coming towards me, I thought this year was about total player control.
5)Why there isn't a defensive stance button. Dont u guys learn,
when live 09 came out there was no defensive stance button and later on u guys had to put a patch that allowed us to get in a defensive stance because people complained that it was hard to stay in front of the ballhandler, and now u do the same nonsense agian.No offense, but do u guys have a brain?
This game is way better than last years game,but it could've been way better if it didin't have these problems. Dont tell me that u guys can make a patch and this will all be fixed becuase you can't, I just hope these problems are fixed in live 11.
(props to Mike Wang for helping EA have a half- dencent playable bball game this year.)
wow just signing up to trash the game... Keep up the good work dude! I bet ya rate the other game 10...
Old 09-14-2009, 12:45 AM   #923
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
I see no one answered this but I had the same issue. Player lock in the demo is broken.

I felt like a lot of the fouls in the post were predetermined. Either that or the call would come in late.

Overall I think post work needs a ton of work. Too many times when playing ORL Dwight will catch it in the post, pivot, and take off for a dunk with no dribble. I don't care how athletic he is, it's not physically possible to launch yourself like that at the rim off 2 feet with no step or dribble.

I would like to just be able to beat my man off the dribble with no move for once in a video game.

Teammate AI is very spotty. I've seen too many times where my guards will get beat off the dribble and the bigs rotation will be too late or the contact animation in the paint will be non-existent. Too many uncontested layups in the paint and/or guys like Fish/Nelson finishing over Howard/Bynum/Gasol.

Dynamic DNA is an incredible feature that will reap benefits in the future. Spacing is fantastic as is the playcalling and the free flowing offenses but the clunkliness, bad rebounding mechanics, and lack of consistent smooth animations still plague this series.
I'm not having any problems with player lock. You do realize you still command the pass and shot controls right?
Old 09-14-2009, 12:45 AM   #924
Rookie

OVR: 12

Being an impressions thread I would like to add I am very impressed with this game. Cant wait to purchase it.

This Post Up discussion is not a deal breaker for me. Already starting to get used to it as it is.

But if we could get a button in there, without breaking the game, that would be ace.

Having a post up button, and posting up only works inside the 3 point line? Would that work. I have a feeling, programming-wise, it would throw a spanner in the works. Suddenly being able to post-up in areas that the game has not been designed for sounds like dangerous ground.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:54 AM   #925
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Man, I really hate not being able to pull up at will. The step back jumpers look/feel amazing but getting them to trigger is so inconsistent. Once you get to the paint it almost always makes you drive.

Czar! Help meh! What dribble move is best for setting up the stepback? The escape dribble is too long and brings you to a stop so you get the regular J. I don't always want to do it off the sizup system...it's so nasty when you can hit it on the move, especially coming off a screen.

Please bring back two button shooting, B! Oop button must go!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2009, 12:58 AM   #926
Pro

OVR: 10

I dislike not being able to steal, block and box out at will. I don't like the context of the situation determining the function of the buttons. Its a game mind you kids are going to be playing as well. But never mind that fact, as a college student I want the ability to reach for steals as many times as I feel.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:07 AM   #927
Rookie

OVR: 12

All this constructive criticism is great and all but...

Make sure you take some time to enjoy all the hard work Mike and the guys have put in.

There is so much to enjoy about the new live, it'd be a shame to lose sight of that.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:09 AM   #928
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Man, I really hate not being able to pull up at will. The step back jumpers look/feel amazing but getting them to trigger is so inconsistent. Once you get to the paint it almost always makes you drive.

Czar! Help meh! What dribble move is best for setting up the stepback? The escape dribble is too long and brings you to a stop so you get the regular J. I don't always want to do it off the sizup system...it's so nasty when you can hit it on the move, especially coming off a screen.

Please bring back two button shooting, B! Oop button must go!
Really? I'm having no trouble at all hitting step backs. Have you tried just tapping backwards on the control. When you run across the lane in any way, then quickly move towards the 3pt line, you can get a little hop and then a nice pull up. Also, the step back off of the regular R-Stick dribbling works great if you set it up. Kobe has busted Vince so many times doing that. I mean, it's embarassing. I do it at least once a game. Sometimes more. It's insanely good looking. Might be my favorite part of the game offense besides Freestyle Passing.

I think there are three basic ways to hit a step back. R-Stick down. Left Stick away from basket. Turbo forward into the paint and then L-Stick back. It's the same control that you use for a floater with the PGs( btw. PGs,SGs and SFs should all have access to floaters, imo). But it's all money.

I actually have trouble throwing up a big men style shots in the paint. I haven't done a running hook or a quick "toss" off the back board. I seem to keep shooting a standard jumper, especially with Bynum. Can you do these shots from a standing position?

The usual situation is Pau in the post-double team comes-behind the back to Bynum-he takes a slow jumper that allows Dwight or Rashard to turn around and contest the shot. I don't mind them contesting the shot if their timing is there, but right now there is a window where I'm saying "shoot!" in my head, where Bynum is gathering for a real shot, but he's so close that he should just be putting the Mikan drill shot up there.

Note: The only pull up I have trouble with is after a pump fake. No matter how lightly I press on the stick, they take an extra step forward that brings them towards another defender. With Howard in the paint, it's really tough seeing Fisher take two or three steps towards him when I know that if I could just take the one step, he'd have an open jumper after baiting an overaggressive Nelson. This also hurts when I pump fake Vince, but instead of just a one-step jumper, I walk and give him time to land turn around and contest/block before I have time to shoot, even though he bit the pump fake.

Last edited by Bornindamecca; 09-14-2009 at 01:12 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »