Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2009, 11:21 PM   #897
Rookie

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
yes. Either way, the contextual postup will stay in tact. LS click or RB for postup?
I'd have to go with the LS on that one since it's a click while the RB would be a press am I right?

After the click, your right index finger would be free to press turbo (RT) and push the defender after the post up sequence was initiated. Pressing RB and RT at the same time would be very uncomfortable.

But if the RB initiated back down turns out to be a click as well, then I guess we're fine either way since the right index finger becomes free after the click as well.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:23 PM   #898
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
yes. Either way, the contextual postup will stay in tact. LS click or RB for postup?
RB for post up.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:25 PM   #899
Rookie

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantecamp21
I'd have to go with the LS on that one since it's a click while the RB would be a press am I right?

After the click, your right index finger would be free to press turbo (RT) and push the defender after the post up sequence was initiated. Pressing RB and RT at the same time would be very uncomfortable.

But if the RB initiated back down turns out to be a click as well, then I guess we're fine either way since the right index finger becomes free after the click as well.
I meant hold when I said press about the RB initiated post up.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:31 PM   #900
MVP

BiggD's Arena

OVR: 18

i not real fazed by it but if it was in i choose RB
3.Blake Griffin
4.Ben Wallace
5.Shawn Kemp
Old 09-13-2009, 11:36 PM   #901
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
Its not about it being mapped to the LT, its about it not being mapped AT ALL. I just don't know how practical it will be to have to click the stick to initiate the post animation and click it again (I suppose?) to deactivate it.

I really don't see this as a problem because i can post up contextually whenever I want to. what is the advantage to having it mapped?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 11:37 PM   #902
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jira2004
I've played this demo alot and I agree with all the pro's and cons of the game.... with that being said I would probably give the retail version of this game a score around....7.9 it will be good but not great....

maybe a serious patch real early would help the score....
A couple of days ago I probably would have got upset and said you are crazy if you think this game warrants that low of a score.

But after several more games just vs the CPU I got really frustrated and I don't think it plays like a 9.0 anymore which was my initial impression.

I'm not going to give it a grade now because it's unfair simply because the game isn't complete and they might add or fix things based on all of the feedback.

I had more fun playing it head to head the 1st day I downloaded it. It went downhill once I played the CPU more. But it might just be me and the overall expectations i had at first.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 09-13-2009, 11:38 PM   #903
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

When you guys say RB, do you mean click it or hold it down?

Im in favor of some button solution so that I can post up on the perimeter and the fact that it will take people months to get used to the get ripped or slight stick move auto the post up thing.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:39 PM   #904
Rookie

OVR: 12

Having a manual option would be nice for those times when you want to post up but you're not quite in a position for the contextual post up to kick in.

RB, I think just a click rather than hold. as it would then start getting too fiddly, (i.e. right hand potentially doing RB, RT and RS movements at the same time)

Ultimately LT or LB is the most natural position for a post up button (and could then work for Blocking out on D) But I think that kind of change is for another year.

Having said all that... the passing controls are outstanding this year and wouldn't want to change them.

When you put them up against each other...

LT - The linch-pin button for an amazingly in-depth and intuitive passing system

OR

LT - A button that initiates post up... (a purpose that could be served any other available button)

I think passing gets priority here.

Anyway, very happy to hear you guys are listening, Mike.

I'd be happy to see quick play move to a stick button.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »