Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2009, 08:46 AM   #793
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4life
Disappointed in the fact that we can't do a dunk while posting up ala Shaq/Howard. Post game is bad.
Are you sure about that?
Old 09-13-2009, 09:11 AM   #794
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronimous
Are you sure about that?
Yeah I was going to say the same thing. He might be meaning a specific type of dunk or something.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-13-2009, 09:30 AM   #795
Banned

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets4life
Most definitely all of Lebron dunks are in this game, but no one else's. I was able to do a reverse dunk with melo in the hangar tho.

After praising this when I first played the demo, I think I overrated it a bit. I'm still going to get the game, but when the price go down. It seems impossible to do a clean layup and all of the animations are the same. It doesn't matter if you're getting fouled or not, its like it's a percentage on when they can call a foul. I like the game, but blah...
and there is more than 10 dunks in this demo im uploading a vid right now i will post as soon as its done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 09:33 AM   #796
Pro

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic24
and there is more than 10 dunks in this demo im uploading a vid right now i will post as soon as its done.
Yeah I don't know why those guy's think there isn't enough dunks. I seen plenty of different dunks. BTW D Wade got some nice one hand dunks, and a baseline 360.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253
Old 09-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #797
Banned

lmao i posted a vid but the size of it is terrible idk if i should even try to post the defensive one, when i ried to resize it the framerate dropped lol so i tried u can still look if u want and sorry for no sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIGhGCm2bq8

Last edited by authentic24; 09-13-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:24 AM   #798
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic24
lmao i posted a vid but the size of it is terrible idk if i should even try to post the defensive one, when i ried to resize it the framerate dropped lol so i tried u can still look if u want and sorry for no sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIGhGCm2bq8
Saw around 10 dunks in the first minute alone. Some looked similar but I think there was a good variety of dunks overall. Thanks for the video.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:36 AM   #799
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmix411
Saw around 10 dunks in the first minute alone. Some looked similar but I think there was a good variety of dunks overall. Thanks for the video.
yeah i tried but i have seen more than that i also have seen 4 different variations of the backwards dunks, 3 1 hand windmills about 4 2 hand power dunks 2 2 hand windmills the statue of liberty the basic one hand dunk and about 6 or 7 different variations of the 1 hand power dunks so i don't know why he only saw 10 dunks but ima post the defensive vid any way next so people can see what i mean about contesting shots, even if your not close just run forward then jump because you will be in better position than b4 to do so. again im a novice at vid posting so bare with me lol and again no sound.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #800
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23

not trying to start a war with this new guys, but i honestly think some of them came into the demo with their minds made up that this game was gonna suck.

First off like playmakers said we are mostly grown men whom love the game basketball and well as the virtual representation of it.

Second, most of the guys thats been on these boards since i joined, dont have a cetrain loyalty to a certain company ie.. 2k vs EA. We just play the game that best represents the game we love. For a few years, EA WAS putting out a product that was not up to most gamers standards for a few years (I enjoyed the hell out of Live 09 actually.) 2k ending up being the game of choice by many including myself. Whoever gives me the best bang for my buck gets my $60. Im sure most of us feel that way.

Third, this game is far trash. In fact based off of the demo, & given what i know about Synergy & how it will continue to improve the game throughout the year, this game will surprise alot of people.

Fourth, There is a huge learning curve! Czar, Beluba, and Marcus all said it would take time to adjust to the controls. I was struggling just like most of you at first, but evertime i played the demo, i learned something new. Im not quite ready to deem myself as a master of the controls just yet, but i will say i have a better grasp of the game.

My last point since i got alittle long winded. You can control your layups either left or right hand. Im still trying to get the euro step down but its in there cause i did it a few times in the hangar. The a.i is a bit strange, but Mike said its fixed in the retail version, and to my knowledge he hasnt lied to us yet. Like my man CZAR says "You have to play basketball, not video game basketball." Once i got the 2kism out of my system, the whole control scheme opened up for me. This post is for the person who is still on the fence and doesnt have the demo yet. Based off of some of the post, you'd think the game was Live 07 LOL! Just play the game that best suits you. If you dont like live, you have another great alternative to play so its a win-win, but please stop bashing the game in the nba live forum just to express your negative feelings every 5 post.

In closing, i want to thank the whole Live Dev. Team, as well as the CZAR for leaving his family to travel the Canada just so we can have honest unbiased impressions from the game. Thanks Live team, for the communication all year long. I know you guys dont have to do it, but you choose too! Hell posting on these boards probably became a second job for you guys! I as well as many others appreciate it greatly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »