Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-13-2009, 01:05 AM   #769
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogster
i really like how the teams and players generally play the right way.
i like the pace. i like the sim nature of the game.
the graphics are great.
the presentation is great.

the animations have improved but there is something about the rim and shot physics that seem off to me.
the rebounding? wtf,...why is it so unresponsive?
at first i thought i was pressing the wrong button because dwight was not attempting to rebound.
but i wasnt. its just real unresponsive.
you press the rebound button and a half second later the rebound attempt is made...
this is pretty poor.
You played the same game that I did. Live is really good this year. I'll probably buy 2k and think about getting Live after a 10-15 price drop. Its almost there. Mind you, I haven't been able to get through a full quarter of Live in 5 or 6 years.

The graphics are awesome and I love the amount of control you have although its a tough transition from 2k's shot stick afte all these years. I agree with Nogster though, something about the ball physics and the rim are just a bit off. It seems like you're playing on a jr high rim or something.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:13 AM   #770
MVP

OVR: 18

Is it me and my samsung, or all the players just a bit shiny? Looks like their moms greased 'em all down with vasoline.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:31 AM   #771
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

I put a video in the Demo video thread. Funny enough, most of my criticisms weren't in the video I captured.

I'm really on the fence about buying this, at least at launch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 01:42 AM   #772
MVP

OVR: 26

well i just played where kobe received the ball right near the top of the side half looking like he was waiting for a play, and just held his dribble for the entire shot clock and then launched and missed a 35foot prayer.
very poor A.i.

then in the very same game. fisher does the exact same thing.

not good EA.

the rebounding unresponsiveness is poor as well.

and its really easy to dunk from what ive played. [that can be negated by sliders though so not really an issue.]
Old 09-13-2009, 01:52 AM   #773
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogster
well i just played where kobe received the ball right near the top of the side half looking like he was waiting for a play, and just held his dribble for the entire shot clock and then launched and missed a 35foot prayer.
very poor A.i.

then in the very same game. fisher does the exact same thing.
Beluba already commented that this isn't an issue in the final version. As for the demo, you just have to move your defender closer to the dribbler and the AI will kick back in.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:19 AM   #774
MVP

OVR: 11

Love the graphics and the majority of the animations. The few things I'm not very happy about is the elimination of the post up button along with our inability to impose hard fouls on players who have an open lane to the basket. The contexual method I believe was a bad choice, and many of times I find myself trying to move the left stick slightly towards the defender and basket only to have it stolen. I think eliminating the post up button makes it very difficult for the player to maintain proper protection of the basketball.

I also wish there were more contexual animations for when your opponent has a clear lane to the basket and you want to give them a clean, hard foul as a last resort to prevent them from getting the easy basket. I haven't been very successul with the "Y" button concept of boxing out. I've had much more success with it by not even holding "Y" to initiate the boxout, but instead simply getting in the proper position in front of my man and allowing the box out animation to play out on its own.

Its going to take some time to get use to the locomotion in this game. I'm still a bit jumpy on the stick and it causes my defenders to get out of position a lot. Did I mention how stunning the graphics are? I will agree the players are a bit on the shiny side, but in many cases I didn't even think the glossiness was all that bad. I love how colorful this game is and it truly reflects just how colorful the games are presented on television. Really good job on the facial accuracies as well, most of them were spot on.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:26 AM   #775
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

man, I think the honeymoons over for me........(I can still watch the Kobe pull up all day though, its so pretty) But past the presentation, I just cant get over the clunkyness of the game..

Alot of the animations heading to the basket can be initiated from way too far out.....and even though there are collisions, they just dont look natural alot of the time, that and its really the same handful of animations for any type of player from what im seeing...from Pau to Nelson...thats basketball as much as anything else to me...making basketball moves...and im not really feeling how the game flows as far as that....

also, is there a "get by" move im missing?...I love the killer crosses...but I hate usinig them to get past the defender EVERY time..

(EDIT: I love the way lay ups are done, this should be the standard IMO)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2009, 02:27 AM   #776
Banned

OVR: 26

And how many different dunks are in this game?

I can recall:

Two-hand grab rim dunk
Two-hand grab rim dunk w/fist pump
Two-hand no grab dunk
One-hand under the basket grab rim
One-hand under the basket, no grab
LeBron "Side Extension" dunk
LeBron "Top Extension" dunk
LeBron double clutch
Basic windmill
Basic one-handed dunk

There may be 2 or 3 more (probably a 360 that I haven't seen), but seriously... I think that's it. I haven't seen any reverses or Shaq-like power dunks. It seems only LeBron has his "style" represented in the game.

Yeah yeah, everyone's gonna say it's only the demo, but seriously... I don't wanna hear it. I doubt there will be that many more in the final version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »