Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2009, 10:53 PM   #753
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiffyjustus
Love this animation when playing defense...

When trying to close in on a Kobe/VC... cautiously moving in, very tentative, as if the defender knows the ball handler is just waiting to blow by him.

Very nice.
I agree

Just did a SICK and 1 with Carter. Whoaa!!!! Contact animations are lovely!!!!

Hit a mid range J with Carter and he turned around pointing to the crowd as he went back down the floor lol

Last edited by bls; 09-12-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:56 PM   #754
Rookie

OVR: 2
To hard for you huh. PRACTICE.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:14 PM   #755
Pro

OVR: 15

I didn't think I would but I actually like playing this game on the superstar level. I can't wait to try out my Heat and my second favorite team the 76ers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 11:22 PM   #756
Banned

OVR: 26

Is it me, or are the block and steal buttons not responsive at all? Half the time I hit em, my defender does nothing.

And when my defender DOES go for the block, he blocks in the wrong direction more often than not.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:23 PM   #757
Banned

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
Superstar is decent, but I feel like instead of playing better defense there's just excessive turnovers. It can play great at times then just be completely uneven at others.

I'm not overdribbling at all, I try to hit VC with 2 moves and Kobe dribbles off his foot? Come on now. The real problem here is that none of these defensive animations force you to pick up your dribble, which would be more realistic, instead you have players tripping on themselves and turning the ball over. This is the NBA, those instances should be a rare occurance.

I'm going back and forth with the CPU winning and losing, but I just wish the way it played out was a little better. They don't play better basketball on this level, players just become capable of things they shouldn't be. It's pretty funny watching Pietrus dropping contested fadeaways on Artest, but on the other end Ron can't knock down the wide open 3s in the corner I'm feeding him. Why is Howard shooting and hitting fades in the post over Bynum? Its fine the first couple times, but when it happens consistently it makes you shake your head.

Criticizing this game in here seems blasphemous though. I'll probably get chewed out by some dudes sporting EA goggles. Don't get me wrong, I like the game, but this level is completely uneven.
I don't experience a lot of turnovers on superstar , you must be trying to dribble without calling a iso and that could be causing your problems with losing the ball. The defense on superstar doesn't wait for you to abuse the dribble moves when trying to drive. Andbad passes should get deflected or stolen when trying to make bad passes that are either on bad angles or long passes that give the defense time to react to them. Put it back on all star because you are doing things wrong and the defense is making you pay if your constantly having the same problem. I have a very realistic game on superstar and I don't have those type of problems. And don't I repeat don't do moves with d fish his handles are terrible keep it basic with him. Kobe is a better ball handler and on the magic jameer kills fish take advantages of the mismatches vc is to slow to guard kobe so get some space before dribbling past him to avoid getting knocked of balance and losing the ball. Space is key to taking the defender of the dribble. I hope this helps and yes I had to learn the hard way just like you but I picked up on while in all star b4 I moved to superstar.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:25 PM   #758
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessKaz
A couple things I'm noticing.

Guys like Gasol and Bynum get way to finesse when they're trying to score. I've seen Gasol do a euro step and Bynum do spin moves in traffic. It's kinda frustrating watching them be able to pull those moves off.

Players rarely wait for the ball to get off the rim before they go up for the rebound, there's an obvious amount of goaltending going on.

I have no doubt some of these things will be addressed in the full game. Just thought I'd point them out though.
I have seen more than enough of Gasol doing those types of moves. He shouldn't be dong a eurostep around pietrus on the break.

The rebounding is the difference between me picking this game up or not. If someone actually had a video showing them boxing out and rebounding manually and the requisite timing, then I could be swayed but at this point it feels broken to me. Whether it is or not, all I know is that the frustration rising from it would burn me out so I hope its tuned better in the final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWiLL02
Superstar is decent, but I feel like instead of playing better defense there's just excessive turnovers. It can play great at times then just be completely uneven at others.

I'm not overdribbling at all, I try to hit VC with 2 moves and Kobe dribbles off his foot? Come on now. The real problem here is that none of these defensive animations force you to pick up your dribble, which would be more realistic, instead you have players tripping on themselves and turning the ball over. This is the NBA, those instances should be a rare occurance.

I'm going back and forth with the CPU winning and losing, but I just wish the way it played out was a little better. They don't play better basketball on this level, players just become capable of things they shouldn't be.
I agree there should be mainly animations that pick up your dribble instead of them just making you lose the ball. I tried to put a friend onto the demo and he turned it off within minutes because he felt he was losing the ball for no reason. No one likes a steep learning curve when its combined with frustration.

OVR I think superstar does alot of things better than all star though there are instances of players being successful where I (and the DNA) don't think they should be. I had one game where the Lakers decided it was going to be over as they started off with 4 contested 3 pointers. Back to back from Kobe, then Fisher, then Artest.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:25 PM   #759
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAP19
Is it me, or are the block and steal buttons not responsive at all? Half the time I hit em, my defender does nothing.

And when my defender DOES go for the block, he blocks in the wrong direction more often than not.
you have to anticipate the shot or dunk. if you wait until they are in the air, its too late. Its differnt from 2k but it does work. much better than last years blocking.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #760
Pro

OVR: 28

Any body start all the bench players to get a better look of there likeness in the Intros?
I did it with the lakers and IMO they're pretty much spot on.

I also put Lamar on the IR and the story line for the game said Odem was out of action.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253

Last edited by RayDog253; 09-13-2009 at 12:02 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »