Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #737
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Defenitely not feeling the demo. Players feel like they are skating and big men are too quick in comparison to smaller, faster guards. I also actually preferred the separate shooting and dunk buttons but that's not a big deal. I just wish players felt like they had more weight to them.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:36 PM   #738
Rookie

OVR: 10
Just finished playing demo and visually it's beautiful. The crowd , stadium and players look awesome and pre-game lil jig by D.Howard was pretty dead on. As for gameplay, used player lock with V.Carter and was surprised how well the help defense comes over when it appears you have a open lane to the basket. I'm impressed to say the least. When I was in the hangar, I didn't see CP3 (PS3 only??) .Also if that's Yao Ming sitting on the bench, then kudos to EA for showing our injured Rocket some love. Again great lookin demo and will def look to play finish product when it goes Gold in Oct
Old 09-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #739
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
I'm playing on Superstar and there are a TON of contact animations and players hitting the floor.

Is it me or does anyone agree that Superstar seems to have more balanced play?...I thought I would get blown out on Superstar but after several games I'm more competitive on Superstar than I am on All-Star. Superstar IMO has better overall defense
I thought that on superstar the game would act like all madden but i have had the best experience so far with this demo on superstar level. The games have been competitive with me and the cpu winning games.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #740
MVP

krazyboy225's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessKaz
This is definitely the case a lot the time. Fisher will launch shots left and right, contested or not. Meanwhile Kobe just kinda sits back and watches. It could all be due to the short quarters though.

On a side not, I'm seeing a lot of circus shots being put up when there's contact being made in the paint. On a couple occasions I'd be backing down with Pau and as soon as I get in the air and draw some contact he does a sort of reverse layup instead of keeping it simple. It doesn't happen ALL the time but it definitely occurs more times then it should.
From my experience from the demo....Fisher takes mostly uncontested 3's or mid range jumpers.... But whenever you go on a run...either to catch up or to increase the lead...kobe goes off.. at a time i went on a run and fisher just kept giving the ball to kobe while hes posting me up for the turnaround jumper or takes me off the dribble in the perimeter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Real life isn't as fluid and pretty looking as people think it is.
Instagram
Twitter

Last edited by krazyboy225; 09-12-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #741
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Nation42
Just finished playing demo and visually it's beautiful. The crowd , stadium and players look awesome and pre-game lil jig by D.Howard was pretty dead on. As for gameplay, used player lock with V.Carter and was surprised how well the help defense comes over when it appears you have a open lane to the basket. I'm impressed to say the least. When I was in the hangar, I didn't see CP3 (PS3 only??) .Also if that's Yao Ming sitting on the bench, then kudos to EA for showing our injured Rocket some love. Again great lookin demo and will def look to play finish product when it goes Gold in Oct

Keep pressing A and you will go to the other side of the court

CP3
Melo
B Roy
Amare

are all there and you can choose them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 09:30 PM   #742
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BedBug
It's a good game.....for a LIVE game. Which means one thing. DICK. Prepare to get OWNED again for like 10th straight(sorry but I've lost count) year.
i disagree, you sound like a college football analyst saying a team is no good this year because they were last year. i'm a 2K guy all the way, but i'm really thinking about going LIVE this year. guys like you get too caught up in the "mine's better than yours" bull**** and dont have an open mind to anything. i havent played 2K this year yet, but i'm loving this years LIVE. and it's only the Demo.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:34 PM   #743
Pro

NDIrish98's Arena

OVR: 9

anyone know if Jordan will show up in this years game?
Old 09-12-2009, 09:40 PM   #744
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdseed316
Defenitely not feeling the demo. Players feel like they are skating and big men are too quick in comparison to smaller, faster guards. I also actually preferred the separate shooting and dunk buttons but that's not a big deal. I just wish players felt like they had more weight to them.
Really???...what demo are you playing...Players having no weight????...If there is one thing I certainly feel its the weight of players in ths game. One thing LIVE has done right with all next gen versions is have weight be a factor in the game.

Some of the comments in tis thread are very strange...makes you almost wonder if the poster has an agenda...I just don't understand people not wanting 2 great games to co-exist. Some people seem to be hurt or threatened that Live might actually be a great game this year...Weird

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »