Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #713
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

yeah blocked dunks need to be toned way down. i had an open lane with vince carter and when i went to dunk it, derek fisher blocked him from behind.

i wish i could play with michael jordan in this game
make it happen for next year ea!!
Old 09-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #714
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicio10
no, i'm on PS3 ... fisher is just taking the initiative, feels like Kobe is a role player. reminds me of single player NBA 2K.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAsxId_drV0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k4Cdb6vSbA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST5VJCaMNRg
This is definitely the case a lot the time. Fisher will launch shots left and right, contested or not. Meanwhile Kobe just kinda sits back and watches. It could all be due to the short quarters though.

On a side not, I'm seeing a lot of circus shots being put up when there's contact being made in the paint. On a couple occasions I'd be backing down with Pau and as soon as I get in the air and draw some contact he does a sort of reverse layup instead of keeping it simple. It doesn't happen ALL the time but it definitely occurs more times then it should.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:22 PM   #715
Pro

OVR: 11

Derick Fisher shoots a lot whenever he's wide open just like in real life. I dont see anything wrong with this. Whenever I cover him, he usually gives it to Kobe so it's all good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 06:29 PM   #716
Rookie

OVR: 6

I hope the A.I gets patched by the time the game is released... Bynum and Artest doing fade away 3pt shots with plenty of time in the shotclock with the A.I being on Superstar difficulty is insulting
Old 09-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #717
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
*sighs*

Man, you guys are seriously making me jealous. I'm tempted to go buy a Xbox 360 just to play this game.. I'm starting to notice people who were complaining earlier are now getting used to the controls and realizing the rebounding and controls are very complex.
It is definitely a learning curve but if you played Live 09 enough you realize when you hunkered down and played defense you could come back from a deficit... its in the similar mindstate where you have to play good, and smart man and help D not trying to get steals, but staying in front of your man, staying between him and the basket, cutting off angles, switching at the right time, (you cant keep up with guys like Kobe for the most part though)

You have to know who you're guarding and playing against. Artest on offense is not more effective in driving but he does get that shot where he goes down the middle from baseline and hop steps a shot. I've seen him do that IRL especially when he played for the Kings, and he can get it on you in this game but its not often. He likes to hang at the 45 degree which is where he's most effective shooting the 3.

I think you'll enjoy yourself much Hoosier
Old 09-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #718
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner99
yeah blocked dunks need to be toned way down. i had an open lane with vince carter and when i went to dunk it, derek fisher blocked him from behind.

i wish i could play with michael jordan in this game
make it happen for next year ea!!
Tell me about it. F'n Derek Fisher blocked my man from behind on a fast break play as I went up for the dunk. I'm noticing a lot of blocked dunks with no fouls called and it's driving me crazy.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:53 PM   #719
Rookie

OVR: 14
Awkward block shots are definitively happening a atd too much, but at the other side of the coin (as its being the case with rebounding) I disagree with people saying it's a weak aspect of the gameplay.

I've been consistently defending the paint with D-12, blocking shots in realistic fashion and altering many others making the cpu adjust their game.

I mean, you can make the defensive presence of a beast like Howard felt when playing the game (it helps that his block rating is 99 as well lol). That brings great balance to the experience since you can use a offensive challenged superstar like Howard to control the game in a different fashion.

Also, the animation where you go for a block shot when the ball is almost at its apex (way after the shooter releases it) is pure bliss. Very reminiscent of Patrick Ewing in his Final Four against the Cougars.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:02 PM   #720
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
One thing that's bugging me a lot is the lack of "contact" animations when a player drives the lane...

I've seen TWO in about four games.
I'm playing on Superstar and there are a TON of contact animations and players hitting the floor.

Is it me or does anyone agree that Superstar seems to have more balanced play?...I thought I would get blown out on Superstar but after several games I'm more competitive on Superstar than I am on All-Star. Superstar IMO has better overall defense

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »