Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #665
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

One thing that's bugging me a lot is the lack of "contact" animations when a player drives the lane...

I've seen TWO in about four games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #666
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
One thing that's bugging me a lot is the lack of "contact" animations when a player drives the lane...

yeah there are only a couple and they seem to happen a lot. It's a really bare bones game that has established a great base. Hopefully we'll see more animations or counter animations in the next couple of years.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #667
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

The demo is amazing. I can't understand anyone that says NBA Live 10 is arcadey, especially comparing it to a 2k game. What do you people want?

-ball movement and the cpu running plays? check
-extremely deep and intuitive dribbling and moves? check
-no suction defense? check
-cpu players actually playing like their counterparts? check (this is very sweet.... drive, dump, spot up 3... swish!)
-cpu players take the ball to the rim and adjusting midair? check
-big men getting penalized for doing too much with the bacll? check
-real, definitive playing style for EACH player? check.. this is VERY noticeable
-AI finally making you pay for leaving people open? hitting midrange jumpers? check
-help defense and rotations? check
-no dunkfests, the AI actually clogging lanes? absolutely check

i could go on and on but this game represents basketball to me. graphically it's phenomenal and the gameplay is very deep.

how anyone can call it arcadey is beyond me. i've heard people say it's fast.... it's not. i think we've become too accustomed to sports games being slowed down so we can be successful at them.

oh............ and one thing that is abundantly clear is that SLIDERS HAVE A VERY LARGE AFFECT ON EACH CATEGORY.

some hints... try out sliders if you need an adjustment
WATCH THE CZARS VIDEOS
left and right stick speed is paramount in succeeding in this game. a 10 year old can play it on an easy level and succeed.... sure. but if you realize how deep the controls really are the game opens up exponentially. understanding you can chain moves based on ball position, speed of the stick, etc, give you almost unlimited control options.

for 2k guys... take a step back and learn the game and the intricacies... it's a game of finesse and strategy and you get punished if you are playing at too high of a level.

anyway, the depth of this game is very noticeable as is the step up from last year. seeing stars aggressively take the ball to the rack, and spot up shooters move to open spots and shoot jumpers without hesitation is a think of beauty. having the ability to truly lock a guy down or push a guy one way and have your teammate actually help out is very refreshing.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #668
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
yeah there are only a couple and they seem to happen a lot. It's a really bare bones game that has established a great base. Hopefully we'll see more animations or counter animations in the next couple of years.
There are about 50 or 60 contact shots in the game. If you take contact from various distances and with different LS deflections, you'll see more variation. If you're always going "straight" in, you'll tend to see more dupes.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:23 PM   #669
Pro

OVR: 9

I've put in some considerable amount of time with this demo now. The game has really opened up now I am utilizing the playbooks. It is much easier to get players open and in good position. I love running bryant fist chest, it puts kobe on the block in post position.

The players, for the most part, play more intelligent than in 2k. For instance, Rashard Lewis and Lamar Odom gravitating more towards the perimeter.

Zone defense is pretty realistic in terms of spacing and reaction from your teammates. 2k's zones have been broken since they implemented them.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:28 PM   #670
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:

What level are you playing on evan ?
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-12-2009, 02:31 PM   #671
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner99
werent we supposed to have a thread where we write down glitches for the patch?
It's the demo. They've already said that there were going to be some things that were off. It's not the finished product.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 02:43 PM   #672
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:

Are you saying that you don't get very many contact animations happening?

Or are you saying that you are getting contact animations, but they are the same two over and over again?

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »