Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports FC 25 Review: We Need to Go Back to Formula
The Pain and Misery of Simulated Stats
EA Sports College Football 25 Guides, Explainers, and Tutorials

Old 09-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #649
Rookie

OVR: 14
The more I play it, the more I love it. I was afraid that some of the wow factor was clouding my judgement but it has not. For everybody who keeps saying rebounding is weak, I disagree to a point that it must be accounted as one of the strongest aspects of the game. I'm just so excited. Man...
Old 09-12-2009, 12:08 PM   #650
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaAJ
I am a 2k Fan and I do love the control and the dribbling is really easy which I love. This game looks good and the one thing I really like is the play calling is easier but I just like the shot stick too much. I think both games are going to be good though. I think the aspect of NBA Today is enough to keep me with 2k.
I think you'll say differently man when you get a load of Dynamic Season
Old 09-12-2009, 12:09 PM   #651
Pro

OVR: 11

When I first started playing the demo, I thought it was fun but as I kept playing and learned the controls, I realized how awesome it was.

Only a few negatives (superstar)

too many blocked dunks

it should be a tad bit easier for the user to steal the ball

your teammates should move around just a little bit more, setting picks and trying to get open
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 12:16 PM   #652
Pro

HoosierDaddy's Arena

OVR: 21

As many of you know I'm a PS3 user, but I've read every single post on this thread. It's killing me to have to wait an extra week to get this demo, but the positive to this is, all of your input/feedback that has been posted here will help us out when getting the game. I think it's safe to say that anyone who plays this can't expect to blow out their opponent, even if you played Live 09, because of the drastic changes/improvements made to the game. The major learning curve could possibly detract users from enjoying the game, but I know personally for a "sim-head" like myself, I'll appreciate the game that much more because of how complex the controls/features are.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #653
Rookie

OVR: 0

This game reminds me ALOT of NBA Starting Five 2005 (especially defensively) which forced you to use your REAL LIFE BBall IQ and was hard to adjust to BUT once did, it was the BEST.
Can't wait for the game (PS3), because the past 3 years I bought all 3 games (2k, Live, Inside) because all 3 lacked in certain areas but this year I'm ONLY BUYING NBA Live 10.
Thanks for posting the videos peeps, it helped me make my decision
Old 09-12-2009, 12:20 PM   #654
Rookie

OVR: 14
Marcus, have you noticed some skipping in the sound of the game? It's happening in the demo. You gotta look for it but it's definitively happening, specially if you are using headphones...have you noticed it?
Old 09-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #655
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30

Just some of my impressions with time I've spent with the game:

I played my buddy many times. We both are used to playing 2K these past few years mind you.

With that being said, I came away very impressed. The game was Fun. Plain and simple.

I liked a lot of the things I saw. One thing that made a huge impression on me was the fact that you have to play smart Bball and animations don't do everything for you. My friend made this very evident.

I think it may have been because he is used to 2K, in that he'd go to the bucket and expect animations to take over to do some layup that avoids the defense and there is no contact in the lane. He learned that that is not the way things worked in Live.

I was burning him the first few games because of that fact. He'd go into the lane with Vince or Nelson expecting them to finish at the rim even though defenders were around, and would come back constantly disappointed as that wasn't working. Contact would occur and he'd force up a bad shot.

Meanwhile, I on the other hand rarely received contact animations to be honest. But, this was due to me doing the complete opposite by running plays, taking jumpers in space, and only attacking the rim after I had the room to do so.

Another thing I liked is that Dwight couldn't just force his way into dunks. My friend tried that too (lol), again because he was used to 2k and that's what you can do there. He'd catch the ball too far outside the lane, and then try to get into the lane to dunk even though there was plenty of traffic and defenders right in front of him. Didn't work, and he lost the ball constantly trying to do so.

After a while my friend picked up on it and started running some sets himself and not looking to go to the rim as often as he was and that is when things became competitive. He began to play like the players do.

Instead of trying to get to the rim each time to finish with Vince, he'd go one on one and take some mid range jumpers. Instead of trying to get Dwight close enough to dunk, he'd run a play for him and let him post up and get him to score that way. Instead of having Nelson trying to score in the paint with the Lakers bigs, he'd drive and try to hit an open man. He started to play some good basketball and was having success with it.

Kudos for that Live.

Other tidbits:

• I loved how players were in their "spots". Rashard was always camping on the top of the three point line (we didn't experience that in 2K9, so that was dope as hell to us, lol). Pietrus was always in the corner. Gasol would flash to the free throw line. But on the other side, Dwight would always stay down low. I could usually find Artest behind the arc at the 45 angle. It created a lot of spacing without the need for a playcall. Loved that.
  • I was enjoying all the options there were for playcalling and the options one has within a set play. As well as how well the players ran the plays.
  • Loved the amount of control I had over everything. Never felt out of control at all. I could easily get to whatever spot I wanted without trouble. Didn't feel like any animations were dictating me offensively or defensively.
  • The Staples Center is on point (At least to the best of my knowledge. I'm no Rueben, lol). The arena looks great and the arena sounds are very good.
  • I was having so much fun shooting on the move. They animate nicely and feel smooth.
Pretty much the only thing that I didn't like was some of the player faces. But, the only time I see them are in cut scenes, so it's not really that big of a deal to me. Also, there were times where we'd both end up passing the ball to somebody we had no intention of passing the ball to. Happen to me a lot on some of the Lakers plays, where the "A" button would be green above a player, I'd hit "A" and the ball wouldn't go to that player and sometimes ended up in a turnover.

That's all I have for now. Probably try to get some time in against the CPU and see how that goes. Definitely feeling the game so far.

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA

Last edited by TMagic; 09-12-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #656
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikaka
Stop doin' this Guys! NBA live doesn't change anything..I have the demo..this is the same game!!!! It is the game which it was necessary to give since 2006..why you think NBA live 10 is good??? Why?? This game is wack! 4 years with NBA live, now I think I gonna see 2K sports Now..I'm tired.EA it is the advertisement above all, me which thought that this NBA live was going to change something, I made a mistake widely...Why they do that?? I pass everyday and night, waiting for that s****. man,2k did not bring out of any gameplay so far, and EA as idot, goes out always before just to conquer fans, but it is necessary to know, if we are not good, if we go out before or not....I didn't see the difference between Odom, Artest or Kobe..Guys move like..I don't know...My brother told me.tha'ts Bynum!! and I said, where is he? where is he..and I'm on 1080p full HD tv..What is that..??EA I'm a big fan, but I'm sorry now...sorry!

Say what?

I'm not going to say the game is ground breaking and yes it does still have some issues. But it's a huge step up over Live 07 and 08.

In comparison to Live 09 it didn't take a huge step up but it did make a lot things much more smoother and the animations got better IMO.

One of the biggest upgrades I've seen is ball handling and the fast break logic is absolutely gorgeous AGAIN..........

Hell to be honest if that fast break logic was in Live 09 I would probably kept playing it all NBA season.

And again no i don't think it's perfect i see minor issues but you are totally wrong about the game play.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »