Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports FC 25 Review: We Need to Go Back to Formula
The Pain and Misery of Simulated Stats
EA Sports College Football 25 Guides, Explainers, and Tutorials

Old 09-12-2009, 05:55 AM   #617
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikaka
Stop doin' this Guys! NBA live doesn't change anything..I have the demo..this is the same game!!!! It is the game which it was necessary to give since 2006..why you think NBA live 10 is good??? Why?? This game is wack! 4 years with NBA live, now I think I gonna see 2K sports Now..I'm tired.EA it is the advertisement above all, me which thought that this NBA live was going to change something, I made a mistake widely...Why they do that?? I pass everyday and night, waiting for that s****. man,2k did not bring out of any gameplay so far, and EA as idot, goes out always before just to conquer fans, but it is necessary to know, if we are not good, if we go out before or not....I didn't see the difference between Odom, Artest or Kobe..Guys move like..I don't know...My brother told me.tha'ts Bynum!! and I said, where is he? where is he..and I'm on 1080p full HD tv..What is that..??EA I'm a big fan, but I'm sorry now...sorry!
You didn't give many reasons why NBA Live is so bad?

Old 09-12-2009, 06:24 AM   #618
Banned

OVR: 4
Ok Ive had enough of this....Im bout to keep it 100% real

I went and made an account just so i can give a "real" review of this game
because i think too many people are quick to forget what 2k brough to the arena...and are wearing NBA LIVE blinders

I just played the demo....not bad....but thats where it stops

Pros

1. The handling and controls are fantastic (on offense at least) and you really feel like you have control over your players
2. The presentation is top knotch and the arena really has a living feel

and thats about it....im not going to list hustle plays and tip rebounds as pros because as far as im concerned...thats a failure on EA's behalf to incorporate those core gameplay dynamics years after the competiton

and i dont give out pity points....on to the cons

1. Every single year...i have to say something about these animations...the makers of this game need to understand they cannot simply build upon bad animations....but they need to fix the flawed system they use to tie in the different transitions they have between these player models

2. Graphics....we can sit here and say how hot these graphics are but if im playing on a 40 inch HDTV on an xbox elite with an HDMI hookup.....i should know who im shooting with...

and in that hangar the white guys were so white they looked like cartoon chalk.... and the black guys where so shiny...when i faced them towards the camera i could hardly see past the glare.... in 2k ...i never had this problem...dont tell me anything about EA's Art.... this isa BASKETBALL game....you are not creating art ...you are replicating a franchise... Get rid of these cel shaded characters....and deliver me a basketball game please.

3. The commentary....enough said

4. Maybe im just spoiled ....but can the clothes move in other areas other than the knees and waist? ....im jus sayin...

5. its way wayyyyy wayyyyyyy to easy to dunk under the basket...but nearly impossible to shoot a jumper in the paint... this alone tarnished my experience the most.

In conclusion...I believe this game is gonna be very enjoyable for those who buy it....but i am not gonna rate this game for what it is

It will be...as it should be...rated on a curve as compared to the current market leader 2k sports....

and i had to really focus on some of the downfalls to cut into some of this blind glorification im seeing on these boards...made my stomach turn.

Someone had the audacity to call this the best basketball sim....it aint bad....but if you think this is in any way more sim than the reigning champ....your delusional

this will probably be my last post....good day gentlemen
Old 09-12-2009, 06:58 AM   #619
MVP

OVR: 17

I haven't played the demo yet but reading the last few pages have been nothing but personal attacks. Could the mods clean this garbage up?! Personal, I take alot of what you posters say with a grain of salt because: 1. It's a DEMO! Not a finally product! Steph even said this demo is from monthes ago and many things have been cleaned. 2:the trolling must stop. Personally I could care less which game is better so as long as I get a quality bball game to hold me over til 2010. But when you've got guys coming on here saying, "live10 sucks, it doesn't do this like 2k, it doesn't do that, blah blah blah". You put your own credibility out there, no need to worry bout someone ruining it for you.

Each year we go though this. Game developer make slight improvment to games because they either a. Can only do so much with the time they have or b. Don't wanna throw all their eggs in one basket & gradually improve each year. This is fine with me but bottom line, if the game is better than last years the devolopers did their job and you can not complain. Remember it took the NHL series a few years to get where it is now, possibly the best sports game to date and I hate hockey but I buy that game EACH year because it's good.

So all that being said PLEEASE stop the flaming & trolling!! Keep the post fill with impressions so those who do not have the demo may live through your eyes and maybe find some comfort knowing EA did the best they possible could in bringing us a quality product. Thank you and continue on with the... IMPRESSIONS!....
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...

Last edited by Whaaaazuuuuup; 09-12-2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:53 AM   #620
Legen - WAIT FOR IT

Pared's Arena

OVR: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
fair enough. but consider this:

• rebuilding the onball defensive system to get rid of the literal suckage and canned outcomes in favor of a system that more reliably rewards good positional defense
  • incorporating the steal/take charge/neutral outcomes to the dribbling system
  • adding new trap scenarios
  • upgrading the layup/dunk counter system to include strips, hard fouls, and blocks
  • scrapping last year's canned block system for one that actually rewards good timing (albeit a bit buggy with facing and momentum issues)
  • improving double team logic, help defense, team-based defensive positioning/switching/rotations
  • defensive locomotion upgrade

and I could go on... does take quite a bit of effort and dev spend. to be honest, I agree that defense still needs work and we have plans to make it more engaging from a gaming perspective as well for next year. but it is a bit unfair to say that we ignored defense. not trying to argue with you or make you change your opinion, as I completely understand what you're saying. but i'm sure you understand that i have to defend my gameplay team as well. and the one thing that i am really happy about is that the sum of the parts (defensively) does do a "serviceable" job at balancing gameplay. and i think you guys will find in the full version that when you play full length games (be it online, OTP, against the AI, or against another user) that you will have some serious battles and valid defensive stops that don't come from me artificially nerfing the shooting %'s.
Fair enough bro. I honestly do NOT think I ever said you guys ignored defense... I just mentioned it feels like it was untouched. And again, I said it feels that way relative to all the changes offensively. I mean... pop in last year's game... and consider how you manage your offense... then pop in this year's demo.... and they feel completely different. Do the same and focus on defense... and there's not much of a difference. I've been asking for defense in basketball games for years.... no one wants to D up the ball handler!

I understand that there is only so much time in the dev. cycle for this sort of thing... which is why I've been careful to word my thoughts in a way to show that. I've love the fact you can challenge the ball handler without leaving your feet with a tap of the block button... but in its current state it's useless. I'm back to playing defense the same way I did last year and to me, that makes half the game fun. I'm fully engaged on offense, and on D... I'm sort of just standing there. Wait wait wait... steal attempt. Wait wait wait, rebound. Off the ball, there's nothing to do as well. You just follow your man.

I think I've been fair in my impressions of the game. I don't think anyone here would be upset if the game had a more engaging defensive mechanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
A coulple of things I'm not sure why they won't just max out every players rebounding IQ rating. That has no impact on the actual overall rating for rebounding. But it does help immensely to get rid of the problem with balls falling to the floor.

I also understand that you can't inflate the offensive awareness of all the players but to me a guy like Kobe, LBJ or Wade deserves the highest rating possible in terms of offensive awareness to eliminate that exact issue you were refering to during game play.

Unfortunately there is no slider that controls or limits those circumstances from happening.

As for the sliding i don't particulary care for it either. I thought the footplanting system they used in previous versions was outstanding but maybe they felt it had to be scrapped or reduced in order to make the game play smoother.

I actually love the direction of the game and what Marcus and crew have accomplished for the 2nd straight year. I've used the demo and mostly as an early experiement gig for myself........

To find out what works and what doesn't in relation to just being able to fix things with a slider for later on (Final Version). I'm overall satisfied as i feel the game just based on the demo only needs 1-2 things edited for game play because a slider won't fix it. If marcus and his team touches on these two things like he did last year by touching a few ratings then I think those two things will be a non factor during game play for the final version.

For the record about the only thing that i think can't be fixed by the user or EA themselves is the sliding this year but again I'm not a game designer just a game tester............ and who knows maybe they can reduce the sliding before the final build. Either way if you play this game with an open mind i think you'll see a hundred things done right compaired to 2-3 small things done wrong.
Good post. Agreed. Makes me want to jump back into the slider game.... ALMOST. I've already made some slight edits to the demo that work wonders...

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:RelyOnVML/> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]-->
[OS Vets NBA 2k7 Champion]
Now Playing: TLOU: Remastered
Quote:
Operation Sports is NOT a website for you to bitch and moan about sports gaming.
That's not the meaning of constructive criticism.

*Official Miami Heat Haters Club Member #1*
Old 09-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #621
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16

Wicked demo. Really loving it so far. Took a while to get use to the controls but I think I've got it sorted now. Here are some animations that stood out to me.

- Player's catching the opposing player after a shot with contact (you can see their arm around the opposing player)

- Player's stepping/jumping over fallen players

- Not sure if it was just a coincedence, but I threw a pass to Carter and it hit him right in the face and his head jerked back. I was cracking up so much, I wish their was the ability to view replays.

A few gripes I have are that sometimes the CPU holds the ball for the whole shot clock then throws up an ugly shot. Rebounding I still find a bit hard, but it's probably just me and I've seen a few plays where everyone just stands there until the ball hits the floor before they react.

Also I don't know if this has been said already, but you can do a rematch if you go to quit game in the pause menu. Was so happy to see it there. Can't wait for the final game.

Last edited by stizz; 09-12-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2009, 08:18 AM   #622
Pro

OVR: 28

Am I seeing things or do some players have different shots for buzzer beaters.

I had the shot clock running down and the d was out of position so I tried to find the open man before the clock ran out. Got to kobe with less then a second tried to be real quick with the release, and to me it looked as if he had a whole diff' shot and form.

Did anyone else see anything like this, or is just that I'm tired and haven't went to sleep yet?

edit: I hit one with D fish as well similar to the shot he took Against the spurs in the playoffs a few years back. I'm not to sure if his form was any different on that one though, as it was to quick.

http://www.myspace.com/RD253

Last edited by RayDog253; 09-12-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:23 AM   #623
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayDog253
Am I seeing things or do some players have different shots for buzzer beaters.

I had the shot clock running down and the d was out of position so I tried to find the open man before the clock ran out. Got to kobe with less then a second tried to be real quick with the release, and to me it looked as if he had a whole diff' shot and form.

Did anyone else see anything like this, or is just that I'm tired and haven't went to sleep yet?

edit: I hit one with D fish as well similar to the shot he took Against the spurs in the playoffs a few years back. I'm not to sure if his form was any different on that one though, as it was to quick.
I think the answer is YES - had the same thing happen to me iwth VC yesterday..had 3.7 to go his shot was really quicker than a usual one an SWISH - game winner

I even asked yeatserday if someone has experienced it but didin't get an answer
Old 09-12-2009, 08:26 AM   #624
Plata o Plomo

iLLosophy's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I've already made some slight edits to the demo that work wonders...

Please share sir

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »