Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports FC 25 Review: We Need to Go Back to Formula
The Pain and Misery of Simulated Stats
EA Sports College Football 25 Guides, Explainers, and Tutorials

Old 09-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #449
Rookie

OVR: 3
not feeling the demo. I have to learn the controls but I guess my hopes where a little too high for reality. I think I will rent it and give it another try before I buy it. The same for 2k also.....
Old 09-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #450
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

The demo feels like an arcade game...some good things, buy way to many bad things. i wrote a detailed review this morning, so if u question me go read that post.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:38 PM   #451
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba

But for defense in general, our focus this year wasn't to create "video game" defensive tactics. But rather, we wanted to encourage users to master positional defense and team defensive strategy. Read the dribbler, anticipate, cutoff the angles, bring help at the right times, etc. Yeah it's great to get a strip, knock the ball loose, or huge block... but over the course of a game, good defense is just making sure the offense works for every shot. For me, if I make my opponent take a contested shot on every possession and not give up easy scores, I consider it a successful defensive stand. So there may not be tons of stuff "to do" with the controller on the defensive end of the floor. But there's plenty to think about and I think it's actually quite engaging... especially against another human opponent.
I guessed from your preview stuff that this would be the case....and that it would take people a while to adjust. You may take a week or two of hits before the concept kicks in. It does sound good though.

Normally the better sports games are the ones where it takes a lot of practise to really get hold of how to play defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #452
Pro

OVR: 10

I like that the steal button has been nurfed. In too many games, it's been all to powerful. I like that it has more to do with timing. I couldn't steal 1 inbounds pass. Cheesers will claim it's broken.

The defensie assist(rb) has helped me stay in front of my man a little bit. The problem is no body contact, but a dev already said it not working well.

I havent figured out the drop step yet. The up and unders I'm getting use to, and I hope theres more to be discovered about the offensive post game.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:40 PM   #453
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Has anyone experimented with RB while using the defensive pressure settings? Does it cause you to play up more?

I've started to get the hang of defense. RB really helps in certain situations(especially in the post). I would like to find out how to front though, it's pretty successful for the CPU.
RB helps to stay in front of your man, but defense is more aticipation and playing chess games. Using the left and right stick to cut the player off or putting your hands. Its all about timing. Just like in real life you may know what that person wants to do, but if you can't stop the player then he is going to score. Lock on defense to me is a little cheesy because the defender can easily move with the offensive player and bump and cut the player off.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:40 PM   #454
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm very seasonal about team sports games... my football hormones are just now kicking in and I'm ready to start playing Madden 2010 and NCAA Football 2010. I saw this demo announced this morning and thought... what they hey? My Gamefly copy of Madden 2010 won't be here until tomorrow, so I gave this a go...... this demo is AMAZING!.

I haven't been a fan of the Live series, and 08 was absolutely abysmal, so I wasn't expecting much. This game doesn't play anything like the NBA Live games I've played before. The game just had an indescribable flow and presence about it... the players seem to be alive! And the controls... I just don't know what to say; you can make the interaction as simple or as intricate as you like. What a turnaround EA Sports has made with this franchise!
Old 09-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #455
Rookie

OVR: 7

judging by the demo, Live 10 is the best sim NBA game I have played ever, by a long shot. Balls in your court 2K to top it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #456
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Press and hold Y to boxout. Release to jump.

The main thing about boxing out... it doesn't move your guy to the ideal spot for you. You have to find a body and then hold Y.
Thanks for that. That clears things up.

Any tips on posting up effectively?

Well done, awesome game. Thanks to you and the team. Your hard work is very evident.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »