Home

NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360) within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports FC 25 Review: We Need to Go Back to Formula
The Pain and Misery of Simulated Stats
EA Sports College Football 25 Guides, Explainers, and Tutorials

Old 09-11-2009, 05:50 PM   #369
Rookie

OVR: 4
the demo was great and there are too many good things to list so i'll just list the bad.
1. i saw sliding too many times on defense
2. blocking is still a little weird and random. i saw fisher block vince carter's layup attempt once and it was a little weird.
3. i saw the ball going through players a few times and other players going through each other.

other than that, this is a great demo and hopefully some of these problems get tweaked before release.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:51 PM   #370
Banned

Re: NBA Live 10 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I am sorry you don't like the game. I still do !!! i don't recall making any guarantees that everyone would love the game. good thing you have an alternative.
It's not that I don't like the game Czar. I just don't like certain things about the way EA markets and does business. I think the game still has a lot of work to do. Ultimately it's a game and I can have fun, but I just have questions about certain things that I'm not going to explain here in any more detail than I have.

Last edited by cf00; 09-11-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:54 PM   #371
Rookie

oh yea almost forgot, there were too many times when the cpu stripped the ball from me on defense and my team just stands there. it's starting to get annoying
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 05:55 PM   #372
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf00
It's not that I don't like the game Czar. I just don't like certain things about the way EA markets. I think the game still has a lot of work to do. Ultimately it's a game and I can have fun, but I just have questions about certain things that I'm not going to explain here in any more detail than I have.
don't know what you have in mind but THIS year there was no bull... marketing from EA ala gimmicks matter not gameplay

this year was all about gameplay..no bold promises
Old 09-11-2009, 06:00 PM   #373
Pro

OVR: 7

While I've already commented on a couple of things that I'm not too fond of in the game, I think it's a million times better than '09. Despite my struggles with it, I'm actually enjoying it and I'm sure the final version has a few bugs worked out.

On another note, does anyone have any defensive tips for the All-Star difficulty? I'm really having a hard time. Anyone actually using the defensive assist?
Old 09-11-2009, 06:02 PM   #374
Pro

biglami's Arena

OVR: 11

+

1) The game actually forces you to develop your mid range game (1st time since NBA 2K3). I like the whole experience on offense regarding Guard/ Perimeter play (Offense an Defense). You can't just hard dribble to the basket and ram it down your opponent's throat every play, because the dribblers actually lose the ball in traffic. This tendency is pulled off perfectly in the demo (of guys losing the ball when it gets crowded around them and guys stat bumping into them).
2) Analog passing is back (1st time since NBA 2K3)
3) Defense- Overall (Perimeter and Low Post) it just feels right- I like it.
4) General feel- I know it's a vague comment, but overall I think this game is leaps and bounds ahead of Live 09.

-

1) Control layout- I dont like the passing modifier (LT) on the other side of the controller from the Turbo and the Passing Icons (Y, B, X, A) . I liked it as RB (2K9) or Y (Live 09).
2) They don't seem t have fixed the grabbing the basket out of the cylinder issue (should be a goaltend but it is not called)
3) Post game- I am used to having a post up initiator button and it just doesnt seem right to trust my guy to go into post up when I want him to, or face up when I want him to. It just seems like it takes away from the player control and makes the offensive post moves random, instead of user controlled.
4) Making substitutions- seems like there are rules of who you have to highlight first when you swap guys to make substitutions...in Lakers vs Celtics, you could highlight the guy a the end of the bench then highlight the starter, and the guys would swap. I know it seems like a tiny detail but its just frustrating to be stuck in a menu that was easy to navigate in 1991 but has gotten unnecessarily difficult in 2009.

?

Camera Angles- The Camera Angles in the demo are not to my liking- I usually play from far away on a 45 degree angle so I can see the whole floor and all the passing lanes. Hard to read the lanes and find your open shooters when you are so zoomed in. So we will see what the game has to offer when it releases.

Last edited by biglami; 09-11-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:03 PM   #375
Rookie

OVR: 2

i was recently playing with the magic and dwight got in foul trouble he had 2 fouls he went to the bench but no warmup on and when he came back in he got his 3rd foul and he went back to the bench and he had his warmup gear on so i said to myself i guess he'll be out for a while lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 06:03 PM   #376
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

LOVE the presentation and absolutely LOVE the atmosphere as well. Really felt like I was watching an actual game lol. One negative that I did notice(I dont go searching for the teeny, tiny negatives like some on here do lol)is I see they have that long animation whenever you go for a layup. Definitely wasn't a fan of that in 2K and hope that's not an issue in Live. But so far im definitely impressed with it this year. Gonna have a hard time trying to fit in all these games this fall with this, 2K10, Madden, AC2, MW2, and Halo: ODST and also FIFA 10 coming out lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »