Home

NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-10-2009, 02:30 AM   #209
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
one last thing is that eveyone is different this year... your really going to have to see for yourself.. better defenders have more bump and grind animations they put on you and have more success with them even when YOU control them....

But if they don't have the lateral footspeed your going to beat the brakes off them If they don't play you correctly ... once they adjust you can't just iso iso iso all day you HAVE to take the J or pass otherwise you will get that dharris charge...

so someone could get the game and play against a poor defender and feel there aren't enough contact animations and someone else could be playing a tuff individual and team defender and be like hey there are too many... It's not as cut and dry as years past because of the individualization we have asked for.. But that requires more from us to be able to recognize that one bad defensive play does not mean the game is broken.. If I told you there was a game where 80 out of 100 possessions had great defense who wouldn't want to play that game ? (those are made up number fresh from my buttocks where I pulled them out)
Great. 2k cheated with warping and speed cheats...nice to know the collision animations in Live 10 will be based on player types and defensive ability.

Any observations on weakside blocks? Too many? Too few? The ones you did see...were they from the better help defenders? Did you feel you had to make alot of strategic adjustments when facing a guy like D-Howard, ie pullup for jumpers after a couple rejections?

I know you were probably trying to remember a million different things, lol. Notice anything interesting there?

Good night, homie. Again, thanks for the vids and for choppin it up with us...much appreciated.

Last edited by HMcCoy; 09-10-2009 at 02:33 AM.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:45 AM   #210
Banned

OVR: 7

SWeeeeeeett!!! I really LOVE the SweET science!!! Excellent vid Czar!!! I cant believe how fluid it is! "AHA AHA YOU LIKE THAT?"
Old 09-10-2009, 02:50 AM   #211
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Great. 2k cheated with warping and speed cheats...

So did live imo
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 02:50 AM   #212
Rookie

OVR: 4

Old 09-10-2009, 02:51 AM   #213
jsg
Pro

OVR: 10

wow. I'm amazed. i havent been this excited watching a video since 2k7. i'm all in. i love competition.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:52 AM   #214
Rookie

OVR: 10
These new freestyle controls are hot.CP3's pull up looked nice & smoothe but I didnt like the Rose pull up at 2:13
Old 09-10-2009, 02:55 AM   #215
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
So did live imo
Not nearly as much, tho. For the past few years, it seems like Live defenders who were beaten, stayed beaten, instead of magically getting in front of you again as you gather for the layup. Then again, that made the defense a little too easy to beat since the help always had to come. Even a beaten defender can get a paw in there, get a strip, or make a physical play on the ball from the rear.

I hope both titles provide a good balance this season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 02:58 AM   #216
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
hey to everyone who stopped in to say they enjoyed the video. Thank You... it really does mean alot. i literally spent every waking hour yesterday and today up until about 10:00 p.m. trying to get these done for you guys..

I tried to use as many teams and uniform combinations as possible. It means the world to know the work is appreciated. I understand eveyone may not like every show but for the people who appreciate it to take the time to say something. ALWAYS means something to me. Its what keeps me going on hour 10 of an 14 hour editing session. Anyway I'm off to bed have a good night family !!!
Much love for showing off those bullets jerseys. I'll never run with the current Wiz jerseys with freshness like that at the ready.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »