Home

NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #121
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephensonmc
just so you guys know, the gameplay looks choppy b/c it was in our instant replay mode (which is choppy at times)
Inexcusable.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #122
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Isn't that with any game though? With my experience if I moved the joystick erratically it would make the game and the animations look horrible. The game I've seen that handled it the best is APF.
Yesssir, my sediments exactly Sage. Not many games that I've seen, particularly a sports game, can handle erratic input from the joystick and look remotely smooth or realistic. 2k5 did a good job of that also. Because obviously the animations weren't programmed to be triggered at that frenetic pace.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:42 PM   #123
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Isn't that with any game though? With my experience if I moved the joystick erratically it would make the game and the animations look horrible. The game I've seen that handled it the best is APF.
I guess it's a matter of responsiveness, Sage. The directional animations just don't fire off in enough time to be THAT jerky in 2K. Madden has always done that well also...tugboat effect. You couldn't shimmy back and forth. It always made you slow down before you could magically head in the opposite direction immediately, weras the old 2K football titles let you jerk around like robots.

Seems like thats the price for absolute control though, which Im sure alot of peole will prefer. That knid of jerkiness tends to fade from your perception after playing the game for awhile.

Last edited by HMcCoy; 09-09-2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:46 PM   #124
G.O.A.T.

TMagic's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
have they talked about defense at all? It seems theres really no D in every vid ive seen. Game looks great, but wheres the D?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
The D on Devin the Dude was pretty good, no?
No no no.

I think he is talking about when Arenas was being guarded by Gasol.

I mean, Arenas went RIGHT by him...THEN, now this completely baffled me, Zach Randolph on the GRIZZLIES didn't protect the paint well at all!

Or wait, maybe it was the clips that were shown with the Knicks and the Suns playing defense.

No excuses Live. No excuses.

Twitter: @ThoseFools

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEC...cd41cJK2238sIA
Old 09-09-2009, 10:46 PM   #125
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
I guess it's a matter of responsiveness, Sage. The directional animations just don't fire off in enough time in 2K. Madden has always done that well also...tugboat effect. Makes you slow doen before you can magically head in the opposite direction immediately.

Seems like thats the price for absolute control though, which Im sure alot of peole will prefer. That knid of jerkiness tends to fade from your perception after playing the game for awhile.
I feel u.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #126
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
have they talked about defense at all? It seems theres really no D in every vid ive seen. Game looks great, but wheres the D?
Well Jersey when you are doing a video highlighting dribble moves you aren't going to show guys getting ripped doing them (outside of the Shaq segment-I think Shaq was a bad example though because I always thought of him as one of the hardest people to strip in the painted area in the pros -my memory could be failing me). I would not put a lot of stock in no D being there as it's just a promo. That dribbling system looks really good though especially with the stationary aspects of dribbling in a space.

For those complaining about a lack of weight in some instances in the video I certainly see that as well. IMO to have control like that though you are going to have to trade off a little in the momentum/transitions department. I'm no dev, but I would think to do that in a game, more animations would have to be added in order to represent momentum. Animations the user would have to let play out before being able to perform their next action. People don't seem to want that which is understandable. Most people seem to want instantaneous input. Vid looks good to me despite all I've said.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:00 PM   #127
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
For those complaining about a lack of weight in some instances in the video I certainly see that as well. IMO to have control like that though you are going to have to trade off a little in the momentum/transitions department. I'm no dev, but I would think to do that in a game, more animations would have to be added in order to represent momentum. Animations the user would have to let play out before being able to perform their next action. People don't seem to want that which is understandable. Most people seem to want instantaneous input. Vid looks good to me despite all I've said.
Exactly my point. No biggie or gamekiller, just a different brand of player control. Lives rise from the ashes is going to be based on that change I think. Right on cue, 2K has taken away control while EA has added to it...and I think ALOT of people are going to jump ship based on that fact.

Very shrewd plan of attack by Beluba and co.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:01 PM   #128
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
Where do you live?
jersey, the hollywood video in my town went out of business and blockbuster just recently closed because it wasnt getting enough business. Theres a blockbuster prob 15 mins away but i dont even think my membership is good there or if i still have my card because its been so long since i rented something. I always got late fees when id rent stuff so i finally just stopped renting. With On Demand i never really had the need to rent movies anymore and with demos i get to test games out and i only buy sports games for the most part and typically know which one i want. Its typically Madden & NCAA football, MLB the Show, NBA 2k. Then sometimes i'll get a tennis game, a fifa game or a hockey game but i typically stay to football, baseball, basketball. So sense i always knew which game i was buying and after trying demos, i never had the need to rent. Live vs 2k this year would be the only reason for me to rent a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »