Home

NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #89
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
More goofy than robotic for me. Though its a lot better than it used to be.
Goofy is probably the perfect word to describe why Live's (generally good) animation isn't quite lifelike.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #90
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Love the vid Czar. Your production quality keeps getting better and better, kudos.

On the game...I love the freedom you'll have in user controlled size-up. Some of the user vids are going to be sick, and the textures and skins also look insane, just like FNR4.

I still don't like how quickly you can transition into the next animation, makes everything look a bit robotic. I also don't like how everyone, even bigs, can change direction on a relative dime. While there seems to be a great procedural animation system for movement, there still seems to be no consideration of shifting weight or gathering of momentum. You press left, you immediately go left...no slow down...change dirction...speed up physics in place. Watch Shaq in the first part in the vid re: dribbling. Its great that Shaq will lose it eventually...but there is no way Shaq can make a 180 turn that quickly in the first place. He'd KILL in the skill competiton with that agilty, lol. Then again, maybe the "lumbering" affect will be more apparent with the game slowed way down.

Another small nitpick is how big the ball looks, but maybe it's me.

Overall, I'm impressed with the visuals. Don't know if this a purchase or rental, but the slider gurus may make this a must-have. Damn. 120 bucks in b-ball games...
Old 09-09-2009, 10:08 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
The movement in this video was very jerky, but it was due to the replay mode I believe and possibly a compressed video. We've seen the official videos and the game is much smoother than it looked here. Looked like 09 how they moved. Thankfully that's not the case.
That was the replay camera mode, it was set to capture the basketball movement not the player movement. E.G. every move the ball makes from left to right in the player hands the camera does the same thing, you can test it out for yourself in live 09.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 10:08 PM   #92
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I'm just about 90% sold after watching that ... so much good info and control shown. About the only thing that will stop me from buying Live at this point, is a weak offline franchise mode.

If Offline Franchise mode has some depth and basic functionality without gamebreaking problems, I might be all in for Live10.
This is me as well.

Pro Sports: Falcons, Hawks
College Sports: Canes, Blue Devils

Are You A Gator *****?

Real Gator Haters Drink Powerade.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #93
GSW
Simnation

GSW's Arena

OVR: 40

need. game. now.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #94
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
The best thing to do is rent them both and decide which one you like better. Demos don't really do games justice.

yea but all the video game rental stores closed in my town and i hate forgetting to bring games back. I know there are things like Gamefly or whatever but i am a very busy person (work, school, coaching) so i would rather just get the game and play it when i have the chance rather than renting it. I know the demos arent the full game or final version but they usually give me a good idea as to which is the better game. I think the demos will give me a good enough idea. It gives you a strong enough indication and leads you in the direction of which is better.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #95
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Czar, you da man, all I have to say is WOW!!!!!
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #96
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
I also don't like how everyone, even bigs, can change direction on a relative dime. While there seems to be a great procedural animation system for movement, there still seems to be no consideration of shifting weight or gathering of momentum. You press left, you immediately go left...no slow down...change dirction...speed up physics in place. Watch Shaq in the first part in the vid re: dribbling. Its great that Shaq will lose it eventually...but there is no way Shaq can make a 180 turn that quickly in the first place. He'd KILL in the skill competiton with that agilty, lol. Then again, maybe the "lumbering" affect will be more apparent with the game slowed way down.
The technology isnt there yet to have real momentum and weight movements. I'm not an expert but if the user is jerking left and right you cant have the player not respond right? So naturally the instant turns will always be there until we hit virtual reality haha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »