Home

NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #81
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: NBA Live 10 Exclusive Video: Czarisode 1: Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
i'm so torn on which to get. I loved Live for so many years then a few years ago i switched to 2k because it was clearly the better game and i was very happy with my decision. But Live is looking really good this year. I love Da Czar's vids and this one was no different. I guess its going to come down to the demos to decide which to get. If i had the money i'd consider buying both but i also wouldnt have time to play both and get through a season if i did that either.

Live looks really good this year. The thing that is impressing me the most is the look of the game. Player models look good but i think the lighting of the arenas are whats impressing me the most. Each stadium looks accurate to real life (MSG with dark lights on crowd, brighter lights on court).

Live is def back, 2k not showing enough gameplay vids is making me wonder what the deal is. Might be the year i flip back to Live.

Only thing that has me worried about Live is every video there seems to be not much defense. I dont want a game where its so easy to score. We'll see in the demo if its that way.
The best thing to do is rent them both and decide which one you like better. Demos don't really do games justice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #82
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAfan#109287322
Robotic movement? where? maybe u have no handle? lol
More goofy than robotic for me. Though its a lot better than it used to be.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 30
I was reeeaalllyy trying to give 2K10 a chance but Live 10 is just KILLIN' IT!!

Ahem, that said, here are a couple things I was diggin' in this vid:

- Uhh, the controls?? Damn, I am still buggin' over the level of control and I like how Czar broke it down with the on screen graphics of how to control thangs. That's a 1up over Mike Wangs vids. Lol. I just hope it is a 1:1 controller response level because Live 09 (at least in the demo) was horrible with the control response. It felt like 5:1 or 1:5 or however that's calculated. Haaaa...

- Shaq's facial response to that second steal that was demonstrated -NICE!!
- Devin Harris's response a shot clock violation - Wooooooooooo!!! BEYOND nice!!
- LOVING the jump shot animations. Wooo, so authentic, for real-for real. I can't wait to hit the b-ball courts tomorrow, after analyzing this. Chris Paul and the dribble-step back jumper is priceless! I may switch from my Nets to the Hornets this year, shoot. Lol. Nah, got Devin Harris, still.

Umm, don't likes:

- Wizards player on offense standing around outside the arc and turning around, turning his head AWAY from the play while clapping during that part of the vid where Arenas blew past Gasol for the dunk.

- Still concerned about how block attempts don't go toward the ball. That's always been an issue in Live.

Umm, that's it. I musta watched this vid a million times. Great stuff, Czar. I can't say it enough. Can't wait til Ep. 2.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:02 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAfan#109287322
Everybody is talking about Live taking over again, taking over what exactly?? Keeping it on the vid, Live looks awesome, the idea of having that much control is an inovation of NBA games, i didn't see any canned sequences in that vid at all, and string your moves together, wow! With nothing to compare to at present with the 2k10 controls, this is a great feature that could possibly stand alone come release day
Ya you said one part of it.

The fact that NBA LIVE was 5 years behind. As 2K was running laps around them. They come out in one year with a game that INNOVATES, on most all fronts that we wanted innovation from BOTH companies.

It's amazing, control, defense, locomotion, rebounding, off-ball control, all INNOVATIONS. Am I missing anything?

Is this too good to be true?

Hey guys, I've been buying 2K since Live 2005 and I've been posting hate against live the last 5 years.

So if you want a true 2K fanboy switching to Live story, here it is.

edit: stop feeding the trolls please. im tired of two guys trolling these videos and you people make 10 pages out of replying to them.

just stop.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #85
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Great work as always Czar.

Wow oh wow that video has me hyped this year for Live. Usually this time of year with football season just starting my basketball thirst isn't there yet but this year it is at a all time high.

Loving the retro jerseys as well. Now EA find a way to get retro courts. DLC, whatever. Just get it done. Please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #86
DW3
MVP

DW3's Arena

OVR: 23

WOW!!!! Czar, that was fantasic work!! I have been waiting on a next gen Live since Live 05! It seem like this year, that have finally delivered!! OMG! is all i can say! Great Job Dev team! Im getting both games, so all the comparisons dont matter to me, but Live is the ugly duckling that turned into a prom queen. Cant wait till tomorrow!
Old 09-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #87
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin23
The best thing to do is rent them both and decide which one you like better. Demos don't really do games justice.
True.

I can't just say "OMG!!! It's Over!!! Live 10 does a better job of representing the game than real basketball!!!"

Indeed, Live is looking strong this year so I look forward to a test. BTW, will the demo come out at midnight?
Old 09-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #88
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I definitely used to be somewhat of a 2k fanboy. Funny how I was labeled as being bias towards Live now

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »