Home

NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #337
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
If there was a way to choose the type of dunk then i don't know how to do it. They all seemed contextual.
I'm pretty sure I remember hearing they were in fact contextual. Each player has some sort of "dunk package" of what they can or can't do (sort of like the dribbling packages). Don't quote me on anything, but I think I remember one of the devs talking about this at one point...where it depends on the player, traffic, situation, and momentum etc.

I could also have things mixed up with another game.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #338
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrisguitar
great to hear you plan to release a czarisode wednesday!!

exactly how many are you planning? based on your exclusive playtest alone? as i imagine you will be doing more after the demo drops and you have more time with it.
i had 3 planned originally. however the second one that I capture for Beluba did last week on the shooting controls so that Got scrapped. Right now it looks like just one before the demo drops. The 3rd wouldn't be necessary after people have the game. Some may still have enjoyed it. there is an outside chance it gets though the process in time.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #339
Pro

OVR: 7

sounds great, thanks for the hard work. it shows how awesome you are when im more excited for your video, than the next official live 10 developer blog
Old 09-08-2009, 11:02 AM   #340
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrisguitar
sounds great, thanks for the hard work. it shows how awesome you are when im more excited for your video, than the next official live 10 developer blog
Especially because he can criticize things he doesn't like. Unbiased reviewers is what we want!
Old 09-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #341
MVP

OVR: 34

It's DaCzar, Its DaCzar, ItsDaCzar.....

vital question: before, you had to pretty much alter every team's playbook in order to force them to go to their best players.

Do the guys who are supposed to be taking the shots, take the shots?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2009, 12:30 PM   #342
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Czar, is it fair to say that Live is the closest game you've played (again, excluding 2K10 since you haven't seen it) to living up to the quote in your sig?

"It's about representing the game, and rewarding people for being students of the game. A simulation is a game of basketball problems solved by basketball solutions."

Seems like it to me from reading all of this, but wanted your thoughts. The whole thing about knowing each player's individual momentum and how certain guys have faster moves and more explosiveness than others, Synergy playing directly into shot %s, tempo having a huge impact on the game, massive playbooks with authentic sets... Just looks like it's got enough tools to live up to that for the most part.

The post where you talked about getting a mismatch with Arenas and burning Gasol then having problems with Jamison with the same matchup due to his limited ball-handling... that screams "basketball solution" to me.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:35 PM   #343
Rookie

OVR: 5
Just thought you guys might want to know Marcus Stephenson just tweeted

"Why is the 360 demo dropping earlier? No idea -- that's not a decision we make."

But no date given?
Old 09-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #344
MVP

OVR: 8

They announced Sept. 10th awhile ago. Sept. 17th for ps3 users, unfortunately.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »