Home

NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2009, 01:05 PM   #257
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketball0725
Good stuff
Did You see anything about put back dunks in the game?
No I didn't see any while playing... i believe i saw some tip ins though but don't quote me on that one.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-06-2009, 01:12 PM   #258

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemoe
Czar, random question here, but this is something I've wanted back in the games since Live 06. The menu look. Does the menu still look like they are trying to do the next gen thing or does it have the vibe that the last gen games gave off? Its not like really important, but I just want to see the old menu look rather then the next gen style.
seemoe ! I get where you going and I love the flavor of those old menu's.. Its much better (just my opinion you may disagree) than the live 06-09 menu's but still not at that caliber of the old school menus. I was bored looking at the menu's of live 09. But (it could have been just because it was new also) with live 10 i had a sense of excitement at some of the menu screens. ( excluding dynasty I just poked around there and don't really remember if they were different)
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-06-2009, 01:14 PM   #259

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmix411
You made a comment about dynamic season, care to comment on live run?
gmix even Czar has no clue on live run...LOL I can't wait to hear the responses on dynamic season though.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:16 PM   #260

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool2fool
Which console did u play on?

Does the PS3 version have AA, (no jaggies)? Last year I have nba live 09 on xbox360 so i dunno if there were jaggies on ps3 or not but I need to get it for ps3 this year to play online so I want to know if it's a bad port like nba 2k9 on ps3?
Apologies cool2fool I only played and saw the 360 version. hopefully the demo will give you a good enough indication.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:19 PM   #261

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakarias
Great impressions Czar!

Did you check the international teams and the Fiba court???.

cause theres no info out yet...
zakarias. I was very very tempted but never pulled the trigger on choosing the international teams. Czar did a poor job there and i promise if they ALLOW me and I am ever invited back to EAC I will be sure to include some of those teams/players in my capture.

I have to look out for the sim bretheren across the sea as well !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 01:50 PM   #262
Rookie

zakarias's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
zakarias. I was very very tempted but never pulled the trigger on choosing the international teams. Czar did a poor job there and i promise if they ALLOW me and I am ever invited back to EAC I will be sure to include some of those teams/players in my capture.

I have to look out for the sim bretheren across the sea as well !!!
Thanks Czar!!

Is not the main point of the game, but out of US
people appreciate this inclusion cause is the only way to play FIBA Basketball in a videogame. I supose EA will bring us a trailer soon...
anyway thanks again for your great job!!
Old 09-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #263
Rookie

OVR: 3

Czar man...whats good boy!! Been meaning to slide over here and hit you up with a Q? What I want to know is how is the overall game presentation. Visual, controls, basketball in general. I know gameplay recieved an overhaul but I've have been skeptical of this years game due to the fact that I want that Nba "Sim" feel while playing a game.

I'm talking bout' floor boys comin out. Players interacting after free-throw routines, signature animations and shots, heck even more in-depth options during the game.

Last year the coaching contol during the timeout was ok...your select options of box-out (same in 07, 08, 09,) getback, and fastbreak, crashboards. This year do we have easy access to offensive options during the other teams time-out. So we have tempo control and more indepth team options as seen in 2k9.

And lastly is there a new interface for the menus and screens during games and start up menu. Last year the presentation of these screens seemed so dark, and didn't suck you in to the "I wanna play this game" or "I'm phyched to play" this game feeling.
This is much needed brother to get me hyped to play a game...if you know what I mean.

If you can reply back it appreciated and I am an avid fan of your work. Your work is hybrid of Shaft and Bernie Mac Flavor with a whole lot of Steven A. Smith Professional Analytic Savor. If you know what I mean. Much Props Boy and your work is very much appreciated throughtout the diehard sim nation where the game is like a chess board played for strategy and go hard victory rather than recreation...yah dig. Signing off.
-Sincerly Cortland "Infamous" Jones
Old 09-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #264
Pro

OVR: 7
hey Czar after reading your impressions im sold man lol....... since you played the final version did u come across that problem that we saw in the demo video where the ball was hitting the side of the backboard and did u continuously see that hopping up and down animation after a made basket by all the players?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »