Home

NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-06-2009, 10:05 PM   #281
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
The off ball movement is so good that yes you can do this. I would suggest using a team that specializes in that style and that would help your success.

Learning a play or two though will be very helpful for when the cpu goes on a run against you. what I found from just going with a penetrate and pitch game was that the cpu consistenly left the worst shooter on the floor to give help which really put stress on my halfcourt offense. sometimes running a set play can get your primary and secondary scorers in better position to score and put the d in bad situations on their double teams

besides that free form hoops is alive and well in live 10. depending on the team you use I plan to go over a few plays for some teams to help get guys started.

Now THAT is how you punish a team who wont run sets, set screens, use off ball movement for passing, etc..

This thread is gold man... and it must mean something for Czar to stay in here and still answer questions this long
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 10:18 PM   #282
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
Just one quick question Czar!
If you had to choose between you have seen in Live and Draft Combine in terms of gameplay which one would you choose?
THATS A EASY QUES. LOL OVI LIVE 10. people who said 2k9 is more sim than live 09 should just shutup. LAST WEEK I PLAYED LIKE 25 GAMES ONLINE. LOL NOT EVEN ONE FAGGIT PLAYED THE GAME LIKE REAL BBALL. SO CUT THE 2k SIM CRAP.

NBA LIVE 10 is gonna be a great game. its ovi gonna be better online. well live 10 is gonn a be better than 2k10(idk if u disagree this is just my opinion).
Old 09-06-2009, 10:20 PM   #283
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Sup, Czar...props on all this info, mang. Much appreciated.

I gotta say, I haven't been feeling the vids, but I respect your view. Looking forward to the demo.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #284
Banned

OVR: 12

Whattup Czar, greetings from cali baby!!! I notice on the videos that the name of the play and the dna %'s are no longer on screen. Is there an option for this that you know of? Also I know you mentioned freestyle passing as the future. Is it as ratings dependent as it appears? Thanks big dog, and congrats again.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #285
Banned

OVR: 6
i dont know... i used to love live... then i started playing the 2k series when it became 20 bucks... live still was high on the list in 05 because they brought in the dunk contest... but as far as actual sim play concerns... live since then hasnt been as good....sounds like he gave good info, but he seemed to downplay negative points and really big up positives...i was expecting more of an unbias opinion...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 11:27 PM   #286
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Trust me john Da_Czar is one guy you don't have to worry about giving a biased opinion. This guy knows his stuff man, you should check out some of his vids here on OS.

If he's excited about a game you know you are working with something special.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:30 PM   #287
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Is the dunk contest/all-star weekend stuff still in? I'm sure you didn't play it but maybe noticed it on the menus.

Were there any sort of unlockables available?
Old 09-07-2009, 12:00 AM   #288
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Sup, Czar...props on all this info, mang. Much appreciated.

I gotta say, I haven't been feeling the vids, but I respect your view. Looking forward to the demo.
HMcCoy !!! Yeah and I understand even with all the improvements its just not going to be some peoples cup of tea. The great thing is there are legitimate options if something about it doesn't scratch your gaming itch... Bout time we had legitimate options IMHO
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »