Home

NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #273
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: NBA Live 10 Impressions From Da_Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
Just one quick question Czar!
If you had to choose between you have seen in Live and Draft Combine in terms of gameplay which one would you choose?
Not a fair question at ALL ! Its been widely reported that the combine is only nba 2k9.5. Only a dead man would touch that question.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #274

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Great job on keeping up with this thread Czar
Thanks Big Sage. I know I hate it when my question gets skipped so I'm trying my best not to let that happen.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 09-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #275
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
JC what up !!! I will be the first to admit I am not the all knowing master of jumpshots by any means. But it looked straight to me. Philly's tempo (only play a few qtrs and not a whole game with them) seemed kind of mixed. I remember a few possessions where Jrue would come down and iso and shoot quickly and then they would run some plays for ai9 but he would also ISO.

I LOVED playing in Philly though. Loved their away and home uni's also. AI9 banged on me a few times while I learned you can't play up on him with inferior defenders... I loved brand's jumper though i am not sure if it would pass your tests for accuracy...

Their uni's are Fresh. Jrue needs to work on his Defense however cause I lit em up like matchlite with cp3 ...LOL
Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer my questions and a to da matchlite comment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 08:32 PM   #276
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Czar do you think you are going to be able to have your videos up before the demo drops?
Old 09-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #277
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Honestly nccomicfan I would need to know exactly what about the sliding you saw bothered you. Once I get my game that is something i could focus on and get you a straight answer. When I played the only thing I noticed was that sometimes you could see them "get ready to post up". if you know what I mean. that part wasn't smooth. I am realizing that because of what I was capturing I was not paying a ton of attention to the post game. See my response to playmakers as I wasn't able to nail down an answer to his question.

were are very individual with what we can tolerate from our games though. to me and this is just me. not trying to sell or convince you.

The sliding in live 10 if compared to either of the games last year or even the combine is not even worth mentioning because it is minimal. There are more instances of sliding in live 10 than live 09. but its not at the expense of control from my limited experience.

If you read Beluba's posts they built a system that allows practically any one animation to transition into any other animation. My guess is that this control came at the cost of an occassional slide here or there. So I would play the demo and if the control you get (which is I found to be excellent compared with any other game in my library) outweighs your disdain for the slight sliding necessary to accomplish that then your good.

If not you may prefer the competition where the control "may" (i can only go by the combine which has been verified to be nba 2k9.5) give you much smooth animations but lack that tight control and even more general sliding.

For you that's kind of where i see the breaking point and what might help you decide which way you want to go.

If 2k masters their control though that may be a much better choice for you.

again I can really evaluate that once I have the game. hope that helped as it was my honest assessment.
I missed your answer until now and I apologize for it...thanks for the answer. I am not in love with the combine...basically I just am waiting for the Live demo to see if some of the issues of the last 2 versions(ball/rim physics,rebounds hitting the floor, players kind of "hopping" as they run) have been fully addressed

now as a guy who likes to play sim but prefers not to run plays...can I play a free-form half court style and get good looks just by making the extra pass without calling plays...I'm just not great at executing them
Old 09-06-2009, 09:09 PM   #278

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nccomicfan
now as a guy who likes to play sim but prefers not to run plays...can I play a free-form half court style and get good looks just by making the extra pass without calling plays...I'm just not great at executing them
The off ball movement is so good that yes you can do this. I would suggest using a team that specializes in that style and that would help your success.

Learning a play or two though will be very helpful for when the cpu goes on a run against you. what I found from just going with a penetrate and pitch game was that the cpu consistenly left the worst shooter on the floor to give help which really put stress on my halfcourt offense. sometimes running a set play can get your primary and secondary scorers in better position to score and put the d in bad situations on their double teams

besides that free form hoops is alive and well in live 10. depending on the team you use I plan to go over a few plays for some teams to help get guys started.

Last edited by Da_Czar; 09-06-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:11 PM   #279

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jano
Czar do you think you are going to be able to have your videos up before the demo drops?
I sincerely hope so. That was my goal anyway. One for sure unless the demo leaks early.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:45 PM   #280
All Star

Jonesy's Arena

OVR: 27

Great work so far Czar!

Are you getting a full version before the general public as well because i think that's the least you deserve for all the work you've put into this so far?

EDIT: how did you find the freestyle dribbling moves and the "size up" moves?

Last edited by Jonesy; 09-06-2009 at 11:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »