Home

NHL 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-27-2009, 11:40 PM   #81
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: NHL 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
In a way I can sorta see what you're saying Scott. There are extremes to anything like that though. For me personally I think this might be the first year in a long time that I actually end up playing both games. I'm actually sorely tempted to trade some stuff in and give 2k the benefit of the doubt and snag it day 1 rather than wait on gamefly to send a copy my way.

I hope if there is going to be a demo they made the effort to either let us play around with the sliders to get a feel for how the game will play with tweaks/higher difficulty level, and that its a polished demo as well. It would serve them well to make that extra effort demo wise considering the lack of media and poor representation of the game in gamesite videos so far with default settings and non hockey guys demo'in it.

Yeah...I might pick up some extra hours at work so I can get both.

Definitely not rich over here...but both games look really great this year, which outta make 2011 even better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 12:33 AM   #82
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
In a way I can sorta see what you're saying Scott. There are extremes to anything like that though. For me personally I think this might be the first year in a long time that I actually end up playing both games. I'm actually sorely tempted to trade some stuff in and give 2k the benefit of the doubt and snag it day 1 rather than wait on gamefly to send a copy my way.

I hope if there is going to be a demo they made the effort to either let us play around with the sliders to get a feel for how the game will play with tweaks/higher difficulty level, and that its a polished demo as well. It would serve them well to make that extra effort demo wise considering the lack of media and poor representation of the game in gamesite videos so far with default settings and non hockey guys demo'in it.
The hard part for me is both game are solid. I liked last years game for both, so this year it will be tough, but I am only going with one this year. I love hockey, but once I play a game I want it to have what the other game has. I tell you this if this game rocks people will come out of the wood works.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:59 AM   #83
Pro

sharks's Arena

OVR: 11

Have you tried the NHL 10 demo? It is starting to get stale. I would guess NHL 2K10 would be a better choice. You save $10 too!
Old 08-28-2009, 03:26 PM   #84
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

I agree but I doubt they will let you touch the sliders. Would be nice if they did though. I was playing the NHL 10 demo and then popped in NHL 2k8 and went to the challenges menu and started a game and was like what the because the default settings aren't very good. If they don't let you adjust sliders they need to at least put it on whatever settings would do the game the most justice IMO.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:18 PM   #85
Rookie

Nightbird248's Arena

OVR: 18

Maybe they will at least put in the preset slider settings, Rookie/Pro/All-Star/Hall of Fame an allow you to switch between them too see how the game plays at each of those setups.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 10:37 PM   #86
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbird248
Maybe they will at least put in the preset slider settings, Rookie/Pro/All-Star/Hall of Fame an allow you to switch between them too see how the game plays at each of those setups.
I'd settle for that no problem. I doubt it'd be hard for them to do and it would go a long way to show off the game's strengths like the improved AI on the higher difficulty levels. Seems like a no brainer to me anyway.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:57 AM   #87
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbird248
* Create Team Mode - Create a persistent team with friends by designing your uniforms, developing a unique team identity, and then competing against other created teams online, offline and in Franchise mode
So does this mean they put the feature back in where you could replace a team in franchise with a created team? It sounds like it but when it says play against other created team in online, offline, and franchise, it is not clear.

If so, how many can you replace?
Old 08-30-2009, 04:36 AM   #88
Rookie

Nightbird248's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by renojedi
So does this mean they put the feature back in where you could replace a team in franchise with a created team? It sounds like it but when it says play against other created team in online, offline, and franchise, it is not clear.

If so, how many can you replace?
As far as I know you can replace a team in franchise but not sure if you can have more then one, they haven't said. Create Team mode they haven't released much info on that and only thing I know is you create a team and it's kept persistently. You can have up to 16 people on it but only 6 players can play in a game vs a max of 6 players on other team. Looks like they will be putting another developer insight monday "NEXT NHL 2K10 DEVELOPER INSIGHT: “Online Team-Up,” by Felicia Whitehouse – Monday, August 31st" which might shed some light on that mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »