Home

NHL 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not

This is a discussion on NHL 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-25-2009, 06:18 PM   #25
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NHL 2K10: What's Hot and What's Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble14
Easy all. Did you all happen to take a look at our hands on preview we did a few weeks back?

http://www.operationsports.com/preview.php?id=81

The Hot or Not is not meant to be a full preview of the game- it is meant to be a quick synopsis on some of the games high and low points. This was never meant to be an in depth preview- that is what the above linked article was.
Yeah, and that's why I'm not up in arms about it. When the article states that it's getting some of its information from watching videos online, it's clear that it's not a full blown preview type deal. Just some pre-release highlights and lowlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 06:32 PM   #26
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
I think it's totally cool to disagree with our writer (Christian aka Bumble) but as he said, we already did our hands-on preview -- we were quite positive about the game -- this is just meant to highlight a couple things that one writer was liking and not liking at this point.

Carry on.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:52 PM   #27
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I think it's totally cool to disagree with our writer (Christian aka Bumble) but as he said, we already did our hands-on preview -- we were quite positive about the game -- this is just meant to highlight a couple things that one writer was liking and not liking at this point.

Carry on.
Chase.... Problem is that there was soooo much more to highlight or go over. Venom did have good points in his 1st posts. But that was just poorly written and never should've been written. If they had played the game and then wrote what they felt was What's hot and Whats not then that would be totally different. However, to base this What's hot/not off a video that had one timers galore and " we have to hope in higher difficulty levels this will not be the case" a couple of developers insights that had some info with it is just not right.. I will be the first to admit not being happy with the amount of info we have gotten and will be the first to admit I wanted some videos attached to those developer insight to showcase what the text means, But the problem is again, How do you know those positives are hot or the negatives are not without really getting enough info to warrant that article.

Venom, I was upset that you bashed OS but thanks for the response... OS has never taken sides if they thought one company was better then the other.. They always give every game a fair shake!!! Thanks again
Old 08-25-2009, 07:06 PM   #28
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

I hear where you're coming from, and it's certainly a fine line to walk. We wouldn't attach a preview to something unless we had hands-on or were on hand to look at the game. We just do these as a fun little way to stir up some more discussion as a game nears release. If you think there were better things to highlight as the highs and lows that's cool -- but that's just one opinion against the other in that case.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:08 PM   #29
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

The headline at the top says preview because it's in our previews category, but that's just how our database separates things. The title itself does not have "preview" in it. Just wanted to make sure that's clear btw.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:08 PM   #30
Rookie

Casper's Arena

OVR: 4
Yes!! very poor preview, more like a knock down on 2k hockey rather than an up-lift ,which is actually the case this yr (if you are informed)... and I'm a fan of both games. Not that it had to be said, but in this case it had to be said.

boo, to whoever wrote this uninformed down-play of 2k hockey.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:09 PM   #31
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

I think in the future what we may do is put it in the "features" area to clear up the confusion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2009, 07:12 PM   #32
MVP

onlybygrace's Arena

OVR: 32

If anyone has done NHL 2k10 an injustice its 2K Sports themselves...

for obvious and redundant reasons.

So there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »