Home

NBA 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #57
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: 2k10 IGN preview Today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
No contracts for "My Player" mode? No Negotiating? No getting traded or released? no asking for a trade? You just totally get to decide where you go? Why would you leave that out?

This better not turn into Madden Superstar mode.

sigh.
It would be a huge, huge disappointment if there were no trade demands or rumors in My Player. The whole POINT is a kind of role play. They'd be missing almost half of the experience if you didn't have to deal with trade rumors and drama, both to yourself and your teammates.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shindiana
This is a real let down..
I hope our player can get traded though, it would really make no sense if we spent our whole career in the same team unless we're the establish franchise player which should be very hard to become.

The comments on graphics are logic since the pics look exactly like 2k9. I'ts been a long time since I have no expectation for drastic graphic improvement in NBA 2K anyway. IMO, in this generation the overall look will always seems "unclean" to me.
WTF is wrong with yall, all dude said was there was no signing agents to discuss contracts, so im guessing that whatever the player gets paid is automatically decided by the CPU. Dude never mentioned anything about getting traded or things like that, where did that poster get that BS from.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 6

It's a good thing they improved the play calling system. But I wish the plays were madefor specific player instead of position.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 15

lol "I'm going to the hoop. Make love to me b*tches"

I thought they said more facial animations lol.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:56 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 8

Good thing they mentioned it's not the final build because the jersey textures look just awful. Look at Bosh's shorts in that screen, my goodness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 08:57 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 15

The one thing I didn't like in the article is how the writer mentioned that once he learned the moves how easily he was able to drive around defenders and easily score 20points with Monte Ellis. I guess how he worded that, it sounds like he just scored at will, in the paint. I hope this is not the case, im hoping the defense is better in NBA2K10.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:59 PM   #63
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Come on Born, don't lecture me on choosing opponents. That doesn't matter because I'm talking about the mechanics of the game. If it's now easier to do IsoMotion moves when last year you could easily go behind your back twice, do a spin move, then dunk over 3 guys... that makes me worried. Especially when they apparently haven't implemented help defense with a brain yet...

Where do you find these magical sim team-up games? There's never enough people online to even play one and when you do find a game, half the time the connection drops. I've had some GREAT sim games, but it's been like 10 out of 200 man... there should be a reasonable expectation that you can join a Team-Up game and not have LeBron James scoring 80 points with 5 minute quarters (which happened in MANY Team-Up games in 2K9).

People playing like jerks and hogging the ball is one thing (that will never be gone as long as there are humans playing the game), but things like LeBron dropping 80 in 20 minutes of game time should not happen, period. This is a mechanics of the game issue -- maybe they'll add a bunch of defensive tools to counter that, but right now, we haven't heard **** (except the same info we got last year about lock-on D), so I have no reason to believe that's the case. Call me a pessimist... 2K9 left me feeling burned, so I'm on guard this year.

I played in sim leagues for the early part of 2K9 against some of the best players around, all of whom I really respect. However, said players could at any time penetrate from the 3PT line to the paint with ridiculous dribble moves and then finish in traffic with a dunk. This is a problem. It shouldn't be a matter of "sim" players containing themselves to get a realistic game, they should not be able to do those things on a regular basis against another competent player. That was not the case in 2K9 and I fear that it again won't be the case in 2K10 considering what we've heard so far about easier IsoMotion and the glaring lack of competent help defense. They did mention that you could block easier (yay, inflated block stats like 2K8), but that doesn't solve anything really.

I dunno, what the hell ever. I hope they prove me wrong, but I'm not feeling great about it so far.

Last edited by Stumbleweed; 08-20-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:59 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon Squad
WTF is wrong with yall, all dude said was there was no signing agents to discuss contracts, so im guessing that whatever the player gets paid is automatically decided by the CPU.
I hope this "no contract negociations" won't keep us from just accepting or reject a deal offer in order to test free agency for example.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »