Home

NBA 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 Hands-On Preview (IGN) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-19-2009, 08:34 PM   #49
Hoops Mechanic

Sovartus's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 2k10 IGN preview Today.

Still in wait and see mode....

In game saves is very nice though.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:38 PM   #50
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Yep the OS guys are obviously going to be more in tune with the things we want to hear about.

Not to mention a site like IGN is just trying to give info on what the devs tell them about.

They don't seem to be looking for any improvements or problems unless the devs specifically state it.

I'm going to chalk this one up as a guy previewing something he only likes not loves. I'm sure he's not a hardcore bball fan so he's just giving his insight on what the devs point out.

I know if I had to preview a football game my write up would be pretty similar to his because I'm not a huge football fan.

Last edited by Jano; 08-19-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #51
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Big fat meh from me. Team-Up sounds EXACTLY the same -- they graded you last year and that didn't stop people from playing like asshats. The defensive rotation thing still worries me despite the assurance that it'll be taken care of (we've heard that before), and the "simplified" IsoMotion worries me as someone who thought it was far too easy to drive and do complex moves in 2K9. The post game sounds the same too minus the LT/RT quick/power designation -- the control on the shot stick was the same as last year as he described it.

Like DC said, give us some meat... tired of these crappy surface-level previews. Not overly impressed with the screens either -- looks basically like a 'shopped version of 2K9 (and I agree they have the same vibe as the ones we got last year like the KG one posted that were clearly not representative of the final product). Not pleased with what I've heard so far -- the only real highlight out of all that for me was in-game saves.

It seriously sounded like a preview of 2K9 -- we heard plenty about lock-on defense forcing your man to either side, etc. last year and it was the biggest dunkfest yet (no 2K5). Surprised they didn't trot out "signature defensive styles" again as a selling point in this preview.

I'll wait for another developer insight that will hopefully flesh some of this stuff out, but right now, I'm not feeling the listed improvements beyond the My Player mode (which I think despite D-League/Summer League and the newness of it all, will be a Madden Superstaresque disappointment, especially in the first year). Hopefully they prove me wrong...

Last edited by Stumbleweed; 08-19-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 15

lol Kobe has such a sultry look in his eyes. Like he's seducing someone in all off his screen shots lol.

I love it.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
No contracts for "My Player" mode? No Negotiating? No getting traded or released? no asking for a trade? You just totally get to decide where you go? Why would you leave that out?

This better not turn into Madden Superstar mode.

sigh.
This is a real let down..
I hope our player can get traded though, it would really make no sense if we spent our whole career in the same team unless we're the establish franchise player which should be very hard to become.

The comments on graphics are logic since the pics look exactly like 2k9. I'ts been a long time since I have no expectation for drastic graphic improvement in NBA 2K anyway. IMO, in this generation the overall look will always seems "unclean" to me.

Last edited by shindiana; 08-19-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #54
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumbleweed
Big fat meh from me. Team-Up sounds EXACTLY the same -- they graded you last year and that didn't stop people from playing like asshats.
You really needed to play with better people. 95% of my Team Up games have been very positive. Even getting 5 guys and going against the CPU was fun. My only complaint would be that they need to tighten up the off ball contact.

Quote:
The post game sounds the same too minus the LT/RT quick/power designation -- the control on the shot stick was the same as last year as he described it.
The distinction between power and quick post players is a pretty big addition, and the first time we've ever had that in a basketball game.

Quote:
It seriously sounded like a preview of 2K9 -- we heard plenty about lock-on defense forcing your man to either side, etc. last year and it was the biggest dunkfest yet (no 2K5).
Play randoms, and you pay for what you get. I've played in three OS leagues this year, and not one of them was a dunkfest. Particularly, if you don't have players with a 99 dunk on a squad. Offline, the CPU rarely gets unfair dunks, even more so with BL's sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungflo
lol Kobe has such a sultry look in his eyes. Like he's seducing someone in all off his screen shots lol.

I love it.
You forgot to put "no homo".
Old 08-19-2009, 08:51 PM   #55
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12

IGN previews are always kind of weak. I'll wait for Chase's preview (question/answer tread).

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2009, 08:52 PM   #56
Against The Crowd!

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
In-game saves FTW!

EVERY title should have in-game saves. It should be a requirement.

I agree. I hate having to quit games when something else comes up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »